Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Gents......anyone having issues with their throttle link not lining up straight with the carb?? Unfortunately, I’m deployed overseas, and can’t take a pic at this time. But I am almost certain I have everything installed right, and the center diff/servo mount only goes in one way, but it is “off-canter” to the servo link. And the throttle link not straight, and is pulling at an angle. Anyone else had this issue?? And if so, how did you fix?
Old 07-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlrsd
Gents......anyone having issues with their throttle link not lining up straight with the carb?? Unfortunately, I’m deployed overseas, and can’t take a pic at this time. But I am almost certain I have everything installed right, and the center diff/servo mount only goes in one way, but it is “off-canter” to the servo link. And the throttle link not straight, and is pulling at an angle. Anyone else had this issue?? And if so, how did you fix?
Did you loosen the carb and twist it to line it up better? You can also loosen the end where the ball mounts on the slide carb and rotate it to line up better.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Did you loosen the carb and twist it to line it up better? You can also loosen the end where the ball mounts on the slide carb and rotate it to line up better.
Yep, I did that too, but I can only go so far, until the center diff/servo mount blocks the set screw (grub), to get to. Not understanding. Lol again, I wish I could take a damn pic! Haha but I’m about 2500 miles from home, literally. Lol
Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe I could get my old lady to install the motor, and take a pic, but I’m not holding my breath. Haha
Old 07-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Yep, I did that too, but I can only go so far, until the center diff/servo mount blocks the set screw (grub), to get to. Not understanding. Lol again, I wish I could take a damn pic! Haha but I’m about 2500 miles from home, literally. Lol
I replaced the set screw with a regular screw which allowed me to attach my throttle return spring to it and provide even pressure on the slide. That screw sits just above the servo mount so the ball is to the bottom left if looking at it straight on from that side of the engine.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I replaced the set screw with a regular screw which allowed me to attach my throttle return spring to it and provide even pressure on the slide. That screw sits just above the servo mount so the ball is to the bottom left if looking at it straight on from that side of the engine.
yep, me too! Exactly the same. There isn’t a chance I could get you to take a pic and put it on here, is there? Because it sounds like you are explaining the exact same setup as me, but it’s still at an angle! Replaced the grub with a regular screw and all! So I take it I’m not the only one that has experienced this.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Excuse the dirt....lol. Haven't had a chance to clean it up after yesterday's race.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Excuse the dirt....lol. Haven't had a chance to clean it up after yesterday's race.

no worries about the dirt, means you are racing!! Lol ok, so looking at that pic, you are doing exactly as I have done, thus far. But I still have an angle on my linkage. It’s almost as if my servo sits too high. But I’ve also taken out the spacers that go between the servo “bracket” and the mount, but it still seems to sit too high. Is there something I’m missing here??
Old 07-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

God I wish I could send a pic!! Haha it’s killing me. It would prolly show you enough to tell me what I am doing wrong!
Old 07-21-2019, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Actually, looking at that pic a little closer, I see that yours is at somewhat of an angle, left and right. But what I can’t tell, is the angle “up and down”. Is there any? Because I’ve been able to minimize the angle left and right, by doing what you did, turn the throttle linkage “ball”, but there is still a pretty good angle on mine, downwards. Can not figure it out! It doesn’t seem I can lower my servo anymore than it is, to match the height of my carb link and the arm.

Last edited by xlrsd; 07-21-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

It’s almost as if the center diff mount is placed a little TOO far back and high in relation to the engine in the kits design.

Last edited by xlrsd; 07-21-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

AND, I have Savox servo there as well! Lol so I don’t think it’s a servo size issue.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

The engine I use is an FX 302, low profile head. The only thing I can imagine could be causing this, is something with the servo mount, or engine specs being different.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

The engine I use is an FX 302, low profile head. The only thing I can imagine could be causing this, is something with the servo mount, or engine specs being different.
Mine has a slight bit of angle to it but it was the best I could do. In hindsight, I think the only other option is to use a short screw, rotate the collar until flat, pull the engine out to tighten the screw then reinstall. We have the engine out before the mains every race day anyway so we could check tightness while it's out. You wouldn't have access to that screw with the engine installed.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mine has a slight bit of angle to it but it was the best I could do. In hindsight, I think the only other option is to use a short screw, rotate the collar until flat, pull the engine out to tighten the screw then reinstall. We have the engine out before the mains every race day anyway so we could check tightness while it's out. You wouldn't have access to that screw with the engine installed.
yep, that is the only option I’ve considered. Ok cool. Anyway, think it might be worth considering just letting TLR know of this issue? All it would take is a slight resizing of the diff mount to fix this, maybe 2mm off that side, and it would be perfect. BecUse I know I’m not the only one with this issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.