Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlrsd

yep, that is the only option I’ve considered. Ok cool. Anyway, think it might be worth considering just letting TLR know of this issue? All it would take is a slight resizing of the diff mount to fix this, maybe 2mm off that side, and it would be perfect. BecUse I know I’m not the only one with this issue.
Don't waste your breath, just my 2 cents.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Don't waste your breath, just my 2 cents.
haha fair enough
Old 07-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gents......anyone having issues with their throttle link not lining up straight with the carb?? Unfortunately, I’m deployed overseas, and can’t take a pic at this time. But I am almost certain I have everything installed right, and the center diff/servo mount only goes in one way, but it is “off-canter” to the servo link. And the throttle link not straight, and is pulling at an angle. Anyone else had this issue?? And if so, how did you fix?
is there any chance you could use a small spacer and space down the throttle linkage from the underside of the servo horn??
The other idea is using engine shims I’ve seen some o n-road guys use to space up the engine a hair.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dickie doyle

is there any chance you could use a small spacer and space down the throttle linkage from the underside of the servo horn??
The other idea is using engine shims I’ve seen some o n-road guys use to space up the engine a hair.
that’s actually not a bad idea. I might give that a try! Good call, thanks!
Old 07-23-2019, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

that’s actually not a bad idea. I might give that a try! Good call, thanks!
For the throttle servo, make sure to use the 2mm shims to raise the servo. The servo case is the standard size, but the ears on each servo sits at a different height.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by token
For the throttle servo, make sure to use the 2mm shims to raise the servo. The servo case is the standard size, but the ears on each servo sits at a different height.
but that was part of the problem. When I originally built it, I had the 2mm shims in, and it had an even worse angle. So I had to take the shims out all together, and there is still an angle, even with no shims. If your moving from the throttle servo arm, to the carb ball link, there is about a 10-15 degree angle downwards still. I’ve been racking my brain looking st what else could be wrong, but the throttle servo still appears to be sitting too high, even with no shims.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK, need your opinion(s). I have 2 new sets of 5mm x 45mm and 2 new sets of 5mm x 55mm titanium turnbuckles from another buggy and I was thinking of trying to make them work on my X and XE. Since the actual turnbuckles for the buggies are 4.5mm wide, do you guys think that I can possibly fit them in the stock rod ends without reaming them out a little. It would save me $60 for each set of X/XE specific Ti turnbuckles. Worth a try??
Old 07-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace
OK, need your opinion(s). I have 2 new sets of 5mm x 45mm and 2 new sets of 5mm x 55mm titanium turnbuckles from another buggy and I was thinking of trying to make them work on my X and XE. Since the actual turnbuckles for the buggies are 4.5mm wide, do you guys think that I can possibly fit them in the stock rod ends without reaming them out a little. It would save me $60 for each set of X/XE specific Ti turnbuckles. Worth a try??
I’d just keep the original turnbuckles other than trying to get the wrong thing to fit. I’d be worried about the rod ends breaking at the worst possible time!
Old 07-29-2019, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking at picking up a 8ight x any suggestions what option parts and spares to buy since most of my old parts won’t transfer over? Running a fairly bumpy and loose out door track. Thanks
Old 07-30-2019, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevolutionM
Looking at picking up a 8ight x any suggestions what option parts and spares to buy since most of my old parts won’t transfer over? Running a fairly bumpy and loose out door track. Thanks
I would suggest 20* castor blocks, universals for the front, violet, blue front and red rear evo springs. E buggy front tower has more camber link adjustments. Maybe some 8 hole pistons, some drivers like them over the 5 hole. I run the 8 hole MIP pistons.
token likes this.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

but that was part of the problem. When I originally built it, I had the 2mm shims in, and it had an even worse angle. So I had to take the shims out all together, and there is still an angle, even with no shims. If your moving from the throttle servo arm, to the carb ball link, there is about a 10-15 degree angle downwards still. I’ve been racking my brain looking st what else could be wrong, but the throttle servo still appears to be sitting too high, even with no shims.
There isnt any issues with this set up. I suggest showing a pic.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm definitely having a hard time choosing between the MP10 and 8ight X. I am currently running a D817v2 that i grabbed on here used. I really want to build a new kit!!! decisions decisions
Old 08-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8thwonder
I'm definitely having a hard time choosing between the MP10 and 8ight X. I am currently running a D817v2 that i grabbed on here used. I really want to build a new kit!!! decisions decisions
Go with the X, in my opinion. Best all around that I have driven,
Old 08-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What’s everyone’s go to spring/piston setup been on the 8ight-x?
Old 08-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Mugen 8.75 front and 10.25 rear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.