Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Micah78
I never bought a 5s pack. I went from 4s to 6s. To be honest my MT4 has been sitting at the end of my workbench all summer with broken diffs. I got tired of fixing it and running 4s just wasn't nearly as fun after running 6s. Basically the 6s spoiled me with power! I've been running my nitro powered RC8T all summer and plan on getting the MT4 back together soon with the weather turning crappy. Does the Kraton have the power to do backflips from a stand still? So far I haven't seen any in anyone's videos.
In its stock form, no. The tires slip long before they even leave the ground. I was going to put 500k in the center and then do some testing, but I am a bit skeptical that the stock tires will still let it do backflips from a standstill. The power is there, but it may require different tires and a re-tuned center diff.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see on tower that they have a wing button and wing post Aluminium coming in Dec no pictures , so have no idea if its the mounting posts since the plastic ones are a Major point of failure . I think cold weather caused mine to break , Temp dropped to 45 from 55 degrees and 5 minutes running in the cold it snapped .
Old 11-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by strykerakamack
I see on tower that they have a wing button and wing post Aluminium coming in Dec no pictures , so have no idea if its the mounting posts since the plastic ones are a Major point of failure . I think cold weather caused mine to break , Temp dropped to 45 from 55 degrees and 5 minutes running in the cold it snapped .
Aluminum usually just bends and it costs more. If the mount keeps breaking then they need to make it out of a more flexible plastic. My RC8T is 6 yrs. old and still on the original wing mount. I even launched my Rc8t off a big jump and landed upside down, ass end first where the wing dug into the soft ground lawn dart style. The wing and mount survived but my chassis brace snapped and the chassis bent. I was amazed how the wing dug into the ground, bent the chassis but survived. My Mt4 on the other hand has an optional wing and mount that broke rather easy like your Kraton.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

An rpm wing mount would be money
Old 11-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawner85
An rpm wing mount would be money
No doubt! Too bad RPM only makes parts for the most popular brands/vehicles.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

I seem to remember them making odds and ends for other brands if the demand was high enough. What i can say is that we shouldn't expect anything soon from them lol
Old 11-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, unfortunately the wing mount seems to be something they screwed up on. It's really rigid compared to some of the flexible plastics on the truck, things like the front upper A-Arms have plenty of flex. If they'd have done that, I think it would have been fine, and able to flex under the load of the hit.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Well hopefully Arrma is doing the right thing and monitoring the forums ; ) Would be nice to see this as a running change. Wouldn't think it would too difficult to do.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Pulled the esc and servo and put in waterproof hobbywing 150amp esc and a waterproof savox w/ 208in torque . Couldn't see that original servo is digital and the avc needs digital even though was working fine . Will see how it runs tomorrow when the sun comes back out .
Used Sugru on the wingmount after re-bonding the pieces together with zap-rt , So far holding together with numerous tail plants , added a piece of Ty wire on the barrel connector that got lost when it snapped last time .
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Pulled the esc and servo and put in waterproof hobbywing 150amp esc and a waterproof savox w/ 208in torque . Couldn't see that original servo is digital and the avc needs digital even though was working fine . Will see how it runs tomorrow when the sun comes back out .
Used Sugru on the wingmount after re-bonding the pieces together with zap-rt , So far holding together with numerous tail plants , added a piece of Ty wire on the barrel connector that got lost when it snapped last time .
Sounds like a nice fix, I may have to try it myself. I'd never heard of such a thing, moldable rubber? Does it essentially let the spots flex a bit?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

So I suffered the inner bearing failure. Top of the outside of the knuckle split open. Any been able to find a place that has them in Stock? Hobbico will replace them under warranty but they won't have any until January. Trying to find a fix until then
Old 11-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sirmilkbox
So I suffered the inner bearing failure. Top of the outside of the knuckle split open. Any been able to find a place that has them in Stock? Hobbico will replace them under warranty but they won't have any until January. Trying to find a fix until then
Same happened to me. I found a set on flea bay from a chop shop. I haven't seen any for sale since.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I found a mugen rc that has the same bearings and pillow ball style knuckle I think it would fit but you might need the metal tabs that connect to the steering linkage. Wish there was an aluminum option as well
Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sneetches
Sounds like a nice fix, I may have to try it myself. I'd never heard of such a thing, moldable rubber? Does it essentially let the spots flex a bit?
It gives and flexes BUT it comes in very small packages . Good for cell phone case repairs and remolding plastic bits . It held up on wing till I rolled it for about 25 yards thru the grass after a bad landing .
Next fix will be to get flat rectangular piece of plastic and see If I can melt bond it across top of wing braces .
Also put a piece of ty wire to keep from losing the plastic cross barrel piece .
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

It gives and flexes BUT it comes in very small packages . Good for cell phone case repairs and remolding plastic bits . It held up on wing till I rolled it for about 25 yards thru the grass after a bad landing .
Next fix will be to get flat rectangular piece of plastic and see If I can melt bond it across top of wing braces .
Also put a piece of ty wire to keep from losing the plastic cross barrel piece .
Sounds like a plan, I was think at this point that a big bumper would be a better idea anyways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.