Search
Like Tree20Likes

Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trout74
I run single 4s packs and dual 3s packs, I have installed a losi strap from my xxl2e to go lengthwise in addition to the two supplied straps. It works well, having the third strap is a big improvement. My problem with your batteries is not that you have 2 of them, it's the C rating, 35. That is not enough, I run 50c packs and they get hot. I recently bought a 75c pack from rcjuice and it is awesome, and runs cooler, its still warm when I take it out after a run. But not hot like my 50c packs. I can't imagine how 35c packs could hold up to the amp draw. My opinion. But I am planning on upgrading my battery packs to all 75c packs after I saw what the difference was. 50c minimum.

Are you dual hard case Lipo ? dual 5000 ?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Are you dual hard case Lipo ? dual 5000 ?
Yes I have dual hard case Lectron pro 5200mah 50c 2s and 3s sets. And 5200mah 50c 4s single packs. All fit fine, but I do run a third strap lengthwise, as otherwise the batteries come out of the truck. But with the losi strap installed, I've not had any issues. I can post pictures if you need.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trout74

Yes I have dual hard case Lectron pro 5200mah 50c 2s and 3s sets. And 5200mah 50c 4s single packs. All fit fine, but I do run a third strap lengthwise, as otherwise the batteries come out of the truck. But with the losi strap installed, I've not had any issues. I can post pictures if you need.
Okay ...awesome to hear that !!

and YES post pictures please !

I am thinking I can wrap or glue the 2 hard cases together into a single rigid brick..... I can also make a better strap ..I even own a small injection molding machine so I could possibly make something suitable...obviously until its here I have no idea, so its purely spitballing right now !
Old 07-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I'd be curious about the strap you're referring to, Trout. When searching I see several different losi straps. Thanks Sir.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maximo
Okay ...awesome to hear that !!

and YES post pictures please !

I am thinking I can wrap or glue the 2 hard cases together into a single rigid brick..... I can also make a better strap ..I even own a small injection molding machine so I could possibly make something suitable...obviously until its here I have no idea, so its purely spitballing right now !
You can order straps off of dollar hobbyz, I just removed battery tray, and put the strap in the middle and bolted it down, I had to screw through the battery strap, but it eventually threaded and screwed down tight, works great. Hold this 6500 mah 75c 4s pack or two 3s packs fine.

Trout
Attached Thumbnails Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-image.jpg  
Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Parts

My Kraton should be in first of the week. Like a dummy I didn't check with the LHS's to see if they carry parts for it. So I'm trying to put together a list of the more common parts that break so I can order them so I won't be down a long time. Any help is greatly appreciated. I feel like an 8 year old waiting for Christmas. Lol.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A better servo, inner and outer wheel bearings, truggy wheels and tires if you desire.

Nothing really breaks. The updated wing mount is proving to be very strong (as is the RPM mount) I finally cracked a rear LCA after 18 months of abuse, split along the inner hinge pin.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

@ Trout : Do you happen to know how long that strap is?
I could use that on my Muggy and Ten-T!
Old 07-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maslin
A better servo, inner and outer wheel bearings, truggy wheels and tires if you desire.

Nothing really breaks. The updated wing mount is proving to be very strong (as is the RPM mount) I finally cracked a rear LCA after 18 months of abuse, split along the inner hinge pin.
Good to hear. Any wheels and tires you recommend? And servo? LCA is lower control arm? Also, where do you order your parts from? I remember breaking quite a few a-arms, shocks and bulk heads on my t-maxx back in the day.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ruudxd
@ Trout : Do you happen to know how long that strap is?
I could use that on my Muggy and Ten-T!
I'd call it 20.5 inches.
Attached Thumbnails Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-image.jpg  
Old 07-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HKMIII
Good to hear. Any wheels and tires you recommend? And servo? LCA is lower control arm? Also, where do you order your parts from? I remember breaking quite a few a-arms, shocks and bulk heads on my t-maxx back in the day.
I'm running 3.8 Badlands on 4.0 DE truggy wheels, works great for me and a bunch of the guys I run with.

I'm partial to savox servos, 25 spline matches the stock arm as well. Anything 300in/oz ish, as fast as possible. I have the 1256tg in my kraton, works great.

I honestly wouldn't worry about spare arms, swap out all 8 wheel bearings and beat on it. Servo will be needed in a short amount of time.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been beating the hell out of mine for the month I've had it. Front pillow ball teens to pull out from the upper a arm, stripping it in the process, so having a spare of those may be good. Broke the rear chassis brace last week, waiting for replacement now. Shock retainers tend to pop out, 3x so far, so I now have backups. Bent the bolt connecting the front shocks to the shock tower. That's my breaks thus far... but no complaints, because I'm pretty rough on it. Good luck!

Parts #s:
Upper a arm: AR330218
Shock tower bolt: AR330218
Chassis brace: AR320196
Shock retainers: AR330203

Maybe some of these are flukes.. Maybe I'm more abusive than I should be. Totally agree on the servo issues... Overall it seems fairly good compared to other RTR servos I've seen, just no long term dependability. Now have a hitec 7955. Tbone bumpers (front and rear) I'm convinced have saved me from more issues. Castle creations blower fan for motor, $10... but it's hot and humid in central Iowa so maybe I need it more than some others. Have noticed on the 3 Kratons I've seen, coming out of the box the motor wires leave some metal exposed so look out for that.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jpai
I've been beating the hell out of mine for the month I've had it. Front pillow ball teens to pull out from the upper a arm, stripping it in the process, so having a spare of those may be good. Broke the rear chassis brace last week, waiting for replacement now. Shock retainers tend to pop out, 3x so far, so I now have backups. Bent the bolt connecting the front shocks to the shock tower. That's my breaks thus far... but no complaints, because I'm pretty rough on it. Good luck!

Parts #s:
Upper a arm: AR330218
Shock tower bolt: AR330218
Chassis brace: AR320196
Shock retainers: AR330203

Maybe some of these are flukes.. Maybe I'm more abusive than I should be. Totally agree on the servo issues... Overall it seems fairly good compared to other RTR servos I've seen, just no long term dependability. Now have a hitec 7955. Tbone bumpers (front and rear) I'm convinced have saved me from more issues. Castle creations blower fan for motor, $10...
My front left pillow ball has been pulling out also. Maybe some loc tite? Do u have the link for the castle motor fan? I'm running 5s and my motor runs really hot.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Kratenwould be the best buy
Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I also run the long strap lengthwise, I just got the Tekno strap kit that comes with all 3. I removed the little stops inside the tray and glued in some foam blocks and this setup seems to work great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.