Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by xxxkat
only to be smacked down by the GS SUT's and LSP's..
it's ok bro... we had a GS SUT here but it's been beaten by a all stock revo.. i think, the kit is only 50% before you win, the other 50% depends on the driver...

thinking of buying an mgt for my next kit... what do you think if you compare it with the LST having the same .21 engine as the mgt.. is it better, what are the advantages and disadvantages?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro and on the tracks i race on I'm about 1 to 2 laps faster than the Revo's..no braging just fact,If you race and and they let truggys run with the "real" MT's the truggy's will win if the driver is any good(and does not break)every time..I have heard it before..yada yada..and your Yugo smokes the F1.. The Revos are nice and it is fast for a MT but it's not as fast as the same driver using a truggy. I know a few guys that have had both the Losi and Associated and they have all sold the MGT's and kept the Losi,So going by that I would think that the Losi was the better truck.I also know that the Losi mach .26 is faster than the MGT's .21,I see it at the races.The Losi's are fast,a little slow in the corners,they do seem to jump well,the ones i have driven also seemed to turn pretty good for such a big truck,On the smaller tracks i thought the Revo handled the best out of all the MT's(that would be the ones with a tranny )The Revo that i drove had a few hop ups and had an OS .18 in it,It did run good but I was still about a lap off the pace from what i run with my LSP.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

truggies are better racer, a buggy with 2speed tranny and bigger wheels
Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

uhm... so the LST is your pick.. yup, i've seen an LST, it's quite fast.. it place first here in our track because of it's .26 size engine.. but putting .21 engine in it, don't know if it can still match with the other trucks out there because of it's heavy weight..

i think LSP is fast and from what you have said, comparing it to other monster trucks aside from being a truggy, it looks like that it has a weight advantage from what i've seen in the pictures... maybe it is one of the hottest trucks as of now...

Does your truck allow LSP or other monster truck based on buggy chassis or they are being raced on the same category??
Old 03-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

An average driver with an Lightning Stadium Pro should be able to beat better drivers with an MT.

When you're talking about different make cars within a class, say comparing TC3's, Yok SD's, Losi XXXs with similar equipment - obviously the most important factor is the driver.

But comparing a full blown 1:8th buggy with an MT just isn't the same. Likewise, putting an LSP against an MT simply isn't sporting, regardless of driver skill.

This is why truggies in the UK are raced in their own class and probably always will be. Good thing too.

LSP's are cool though - when I get one, I'm going to race it in the truggy heats where I race. Then I'll be able to tell you in real terms how much faster an LSP is compared to the Savage.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Horatio
An average driver with an Lightning Stadium Pro should be able to beat better drivers with an MT.

When you're talking about different make cars within a class, say comparing TC3's, Yok SD's, Losi XXXs with similar equipment - obviously the most important factor is the driver.

But comparing a full blown 1:8th buggy with an MT just isn't the same. Likewise, putting an LSP against an MT simply isn't sporting, regardless of driver skill.

This is why truggies in the UK are raced in their own class and probably always will be. Good thing too.

LSP's are cool though - when I get one, I'm going to race it in the truggy heats where I race. Then I'll be able to tell you in real terms how much faster an LSP is compared to the Savage.
tnx bro.. i'll wait for your reply until you get and test your LSP... i'll just be reviewing some LST,TNX and MGT reviews as of the moment and compare them and choose which will be better..
Old 03-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally posted by jake22
tnx bro.. i'll wait for your reply until you get and test your LSP... i'll just be reviewing some LST,TNX and MGT reviews as of the moment and compare them and choose which will be better..
GO FOR D REVO THEY CAN BEAT LST, TNX, MGT. EXCEPT LSP(TRUGGY)

Last edited by kennethM.; 03-07-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Old 03-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

it can beat a truggy any day its all in the driver....hell i beat a bunch of truggies w/ my s-maxx....at a ROAR race!.....they always break- truggies suck!
Old 03-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by smaxxman
it can beat a truggy any day its all in the driver....hell i beat a bunch of truggies w/ my s-maxx....at a ROAR race!.....they always break- truggies suck!
maybe you try a truggy and timed the difference using a between maxx/truggy...
Old 03-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sport Maxx.. The guys your racing with must be the worst drivers ever
Old 03-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

nice one bro.. s-maxx..?? that's what i call PERFORMANCE DRIVER TO THE MAX... i just wonder, why they still built a truck based from a buggy.. they shouldn't call it a monster truck, it will be better if they just call it a truggy and not a monster truck anymore cause it creates confusion to beginner like me...
Old 03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

哈哈哈。。。。 五十步笑百步
Old 03-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jake22
nice one bro.. s-maxx..?? that's what i call PERFORMANCE DRIVER TO THE MAX... i just wonder, why they still built a truck based from a buggy.. they shouldn't call it a monster truck, it will be better if they just call it a truggy and not a monster truck anymore cause it creates confusion to beginner like me...
Sport Maxx is a good racer too
Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.