R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   best monster truck (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/64716-best-monster-truck.html)

jake22 02-28-2005 05:50 AM

best monster truck

Hello,

jz wanted to ask what is the best truck available today...? is it the old tym savage, hotbodies lightning, mgt, dominator, tamiya tnx, mammoth,revo? I jz want some help thinking to buy a new truck....:)

dragonfire xray 02-28-2005 07:36 AM

I think the best all around truck is the monster GT.I haven't heard of anyone yet who's regretted getting one,myself included.I wouldn't trade mine away for anything.

Nitro_Crash 02-28-2005 04:41 PM

Revo

I have to rave about the Revo. It is a great truck. I have had it 4 months ago and have only one complaint the EZ-Start is ok BUT not as good as what I replaced it with which was the Hot Bodies Roto-Start and I am now satisified. NO TRUCK IS INDESTRUCTABLE. Just my two cents. I have broken 2x because of me being daredevilish and with that comes consequences.

macnkitty2002 02-28-2005 05:09 PM

here we go again, just another thread dominated by opinions. i can tell where this is going. dude, just get whatever fits your needs.:nod: :nod: you are old enough to research things on your own.

FALCON-LORD 02-28-2005 07:27 PM

O.K...
Monster GT Is great, Wooohoo....
T-Maxx is outa date... Right???
I just took a look at the Monster GT. Apart from the fact they have hopped it up with a lot of alloy, it is the basic same deisgn as the GT. So why are people saying one is Da Bomb, and the other is bombed???
Asside from the trimmings, they are the same Effing truck.

Revo2.5 02-28-2005 07:30 PM

Originally posted by macnkitty2002
here we go again, just another thread dominated by opinions. i can tell where this is going. dude, just get whatever fits your needs.:nod: :nod: you are old enough to research things on your own.
I agree with him or whatever fits you budget

jake22 03-02-2005 02:58 AM

yup

tnx brothers... jz getting some tips from you guys.. how about the mgt and dominator, which is a race ready monster or i mean more competetive out of the box? i believe that the tmax is out of date now unless you upgraded it...

jz getting opinion guys... tnx a lot for all your reply...:)

Horatio 03-02-2005 03:25 AM

These questions always pop up. It's to be expected, even though the answers are already on the forum.

I'm a Savage fan, so I'd point you in the direction of the new 4.6 - it has all the most useful modifications you need included. And with a .28 engine as standard. C'mon!!!

Revo - nice design and durable.

Lightning Stadium - fast and stable. But remember - this thing isn't a monster truck - it's a truggy.

TNX, MGT, MTA, LST - all decent trucks. Face it - we're all really spoilt for choice.

Good luck.

jake22 03-02-2005 09:51 AM

tnx horatio... jz getting tips from you guys, the thread is quite long to browse it all...:)

so the dominator is under the truggy class in short and it is not a monster truck?? jz making it clear bro.:)

pininfarina 03-02-2005 10:04 AM

Originally posted by jake22
tnx horatio... jz getting tips from you guys, the thread is quite long to browse it all...:)

so the dominator is under the truggy class in short and it is not a monster truck?? jz making it clear bro.:)

ofna dominator is consider a truggy.. and it's quite realiable....

everyone got their own preferences... go with your gut feel... choosing your MT...

best to ask those ppl who owns that MT, you're looking for.. let them tell you pros and cons...

frankly i found that sometimes.. ppl don't owed the MT can't gives good comments..

jake22 03-02-2005 11:11 PM

oki

tnx bro...got it, ur ryt....:)

jfc_tech 03-03-2005 02:33 AM

:blush:
i wanna join to in promoting the best truck...
its S*V*G*....
but the best advice is of coz, what yer lhs has.
ok enough of this :tire:

jake22 03-03-2005 07:14 AM

yup

i'll take this opportunity to ask some help and tips coz i have a dominator as of now...:D what set-up would you recommend or any tips on improvement so that i can race it with no problems...

thinking also to buy a mgt but first, i would like to set-up first my dominator... tnx a lot everybody....:)

miniracer 03-03-2005 06:48 PM

jake22 - race your dominator first, that way you will see what needs to be changed or what you need to get for it to perform the way you want it. You need to get the right tires first as that is almost 75%-80% towards the right setup. Get bowties for qcrccc and jp. :nod:

jake22 03-03-2005 10:50 PM

hehe... bro di ko pa nga nararace yung dominator ko eh, pero nasubukan ko na sa circle.. notice malambot stock spring niya na black.. nabasa ko, kelangan firm at 80wt oil gamitin tsaka sabi din, nid to replace my 2 speed with a cnc center differential instead of using the slipper differential..

miniracer: nasa jp ka ba last sunday? sumali ka ba sa race, nandun kasi ako kaso di pa kita nakikita, kasama ko si kenneth nun..pitman niya..hehe!:)