Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 01:52 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Right now for servo that Trackstar one I mentioned that was posted o nthis thread awhile go I think will work, with some modification. ALso you want a more powerful ESC it sounds like, basically better BEC than the stocker.

I use the SRT M12 right now and it works quite well. pricey, but nice. I also use the Tekin Gen2 ESC which has HV BEC and the SRT M12 is also HV.
DETHRONE likes this.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

If you're looking for a buggy body this one will fit.
https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product...-truck-chassis

Any 26mm touring car tires will work. Vaterra has some good 30mm wheels and tires too, if you want wider tires in the rear.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Tech Legend

back when I first got going with LCs I had the SCT version, used some USVTA tires I had here, looked good and worked well on the carpet track when sauced.

Got in another run of my LC12B1, had the car going the way I wanted (till working on shock package, that piston mod I want to do this weekend) but ended up messing something up in the drivetrain, possibly popped some gears so going to give her a rebuild and see what is what.

I'll probably at that point be changing to 15K front and 7K rear I am thinking next from 10K front and 5K rear.

We had a nice turnout of minis, had 4 of what we call Super minis (things like the LC12B1 and other Long Wheel Base cars) and like 7 of the mini buggies (1/14s) all ran together on there own. keep getting that kind of growing turnout could get my standard sized one back out there
Old 01-22-2020, 09:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
If you're looking for a buggy body this one will fit.
https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product...-truck-chassis

Any 26mm touring car tires will work. Vaterra has some good 30mm wheels and tires too, if you want wider tires in the rear.
These are also available from our dealer in US - https://casterracingmi.com/index.php...roduct_id=1901
Old 01-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
back when I first got going with LCs I had the SCT version, used some USVTA tires I had here, looked good and worked well on the carpet track when sauced.
Interesting. Did the sauce help because it softened the tires? I've never driven let alone raced on carpet but I just assumed that a firm tire would work fine.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:11 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by fishboy77
Interesting. Did the sauce help because it softened the tires? I've never driven let alone raced on carpet but I just assumed that a firm tire would work fine.
in general that is what it appeared to have done.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Cain and Backyard RC like this.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

That looks real good! Do those Bandido's balloon at high speeds? It looks like the center tread is wearing faster the the outside. You can use fishing line in the center channels to keep the ballooning down.
DETHRONE likes this.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
That looks real good! Do those Bandido's balloon at high speeds? It looks like the center tread is wearing faster the the outside. You can use fishing line in the center channels to keep the ballooning down.

Thanks brother👍. I had noticed that too, they do balloon a little around 80% throttle. If I pick it up off the ground at full throttle they don't come close to pizza cutters. Appreciate the tip on the fishing line, might have to give that a try.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Looking good, Dethrone! The purple windows are a nice touch.

I took my Bulwark to the clay track last night. I was excited to try out a full set of Proline Electrons but I decided to start out with the stock tires so I could compare them under the same conditions. Within about five minutes I got the double wrong, cartwheeled hard, and broke a rear axle. No spares on hand so testing will have to wait. If anyone wants to combine a parts order to NitroRCX to reach the $25 threshold and save on shipping feel free to send me a PM.
DETHRONE likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Warren RC has better pricing for shipping. Parts are all about the same as NITRORCX. Warren RC customer service has been great for me as well. Need to get a order in as well!.

https://casterracingmi.com/
losicorey and DETHRONE like this.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fishboy77
Looking good, Dethrone! The purple windows are a nice touch.

I took my Bulwark to the clay track last night. I was excited to try out a full set of Proline Electrons but I decided to start out with the stock tires so I could compare them under the same conditions. Within about five minutes I got the double wrong, cartwheeled hard, and broke a rear axle. No spares on hand so testing will have to wait. If anyone wants to combine a parts order to NitroRCX to reach the $25 threshold and save on shipping feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks, I plowed into a chevy sierra front tire on my very first run with the LC and it clapped my body and shock tower. I decided to get creative and used some of the wifes nail polish on the windows and it gave the car some style. Shock tower bent back like a champ as well.

On another note, I got the xceed ita foams from amain today and ran them on 3s..... you might just keep up with that F1. The little LC was on rails and it was quick, expect a video soon. Just got my gopro back from warranty so things are looking good.

Total bummer about your ride 🤦‍♂️
Old 01-24-2020, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

DBLTRBL likes this.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:10 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been using those Xceed ITA's as well on my LC Racing truggy for around three years now with great success. They look great and perform well, I run the 31.5mm 35 degree wide fronts and the 44.5mm 35 degree wide rears. The rears tend to wear a little faster than the fronts. I've also tried the BRP 25 and 30 degree versions as well on the same wheels.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DETHRONE
On another note, I got the xceed ita foams from amain today and ran them on 3s..... you might just keep up with that F1. The little LC was on rails and it was quick, expect a video soon. Just got my gopro back from warranty so things are looking good.
That's awesome! Very cool that you can use those wide wheels on the front as well as the rear. Looks like the offset is similar to that of the stock truggy wheels. Do the the Xceed wheels limit your steering travel at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.