Old 12-20-2021, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Default EMB-1 and Mini-8ight

Pictures of my EMB-1 and Mini-8ight

Old 12-20-2021, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by froggy88
so widener is a bad idea? it would look good if i can make my truggy bit wider.
I've installed them, and they did about what you would expect:
1. made the truggy look a lot more like a truggy, vs the long wheelbase buggy with fat tires
2. eliminated traction rolling on carpet (the 15mm wideners are huge for such a small vehicle)
3. widened the turning radius - truck doesn't snap around the turns quite like it used to
4. showed more of the slop

I'm leaving them on for now (I have the other LC variations anyway).
Old 12-21-2021, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

DARKWAV your EMB and Mini 8ight look great!
Old 12-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DARKWAV
Pictures of my EMB-1 and Mini-8ight

I'm bummed Losi stopped producing those mini-king pins, those were the best 1/14 buggy tire I've come across for dirt.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

For road tires, these are a great size on amazon: Shaluoman WR8 Tarmac Wheel with Tires for HPI Rally Off-Road WR8 Tyres Pack of 4 Black. I guess I can't post the actual link.

Other than that the 1/10 rears on aliexpress are pretty good.

Not sure if anyone caught it but there's also a truggy sale on aliexpress for $160. Not sure what's going on there.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Anyone able to fit these batteries in?

Amazon Amazon

The listing shows it's 102x34mm while the battery tray is 106x34mm. I'm not sure how accurate the dimensions are. My other Zeee batteries seem to be pretty close but I'm not sure if it will be small enough to fit.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raguvian

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQPLC3T...ustomerReviews

The listing shows it's 102x34mm while the battery tray is 106x34mm. I'm not sure how accurate the dimensions are. My other Zeee batteries seem to be pretty close but I'm not sure if it will be small enough to fit.
The battery tray on my buggy is 105x30mm.

I have a 90x31mm battery that I can squeeze into the 30mm wide battery tray end clip. I think if my battery was bigger in length or width it wouldn't work unless I modified the battery tray end clips. I noticed after my first run that the middle screw for the chassis sideguard did cut into the exterior casing of the battery, so I'm going to cut up some split wire loom tubing to protect that side of the battery when it is strapped into the tray.

Raguvian likes this.
Old 12-23-2021, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKWAV
The battery tray on my buggy is 105x30mm.

I have a 90x31mm battery that I can squeeze into the 30mm wide battery tray end clip. I think if my battery was bigger in length or width it wouldn't work unless I modified the battery tray end clips. I noticed after my first run that the middle screw for the chassis sideguard did cut into the exterior casing of the battery, so I'm going to cut up some split wire loom tubing to protect that side of the battery when it is strapped into the tray.
I got the truggy with the larger tray.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raguvian

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQPLC3T...ustomerReviews

So it fits, but it's very tight. Kind of flexes the tray out a bit but at least seats all the way and is very snug.
Old 12-27-2021, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, been a while since I posted. I converted my sons emb buggy to the truggy yesterday. I used the LC conversion kit and the 2850 truggy motor. It runs very well, but I ended up having to lock down the slipper almost entirely, I just couldn’t find a good medium setting. Other than that we are pretty happy with it.

On my buggy, I replaced my front shock tower with a carbon fiber one, it’s actually about the 5th one I’ve had on it 😳😜 I end up switching back to the aluminum when they break….Soooo, I’m outside running with my son and 2 minutes in my car flips and rips both shock mounting points off the newly installed tower.

Has anyone come out with a better quality cf front shock tower for these yet? Maybe 3mm? Aside from laminating two of the front towers together and sourcing some longer hardware I seem to be stuck. I’m running the LC cf chassis brace and the cf rear tower, both of which have never broken, so I want to keep the front tower carbon fiber too but would love a little more strength there.

Any thoughts, ideas or links!?

thanks

Trey
Old 12-27-2021, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've had the same problem many times. Only permanent fix I've found (other than not crashing) is switching to a truggy body. I use the stock LC truggy body and just trim a few inches from the back side of the body. Gives total protection to the shock tower.

Very easy solution, reversible, and not one break since making this switch. Obviously you lose the buggy look but I was ok with the tradeoff.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah I guess that would be a good option. I’ll have to set my little boys body on mine to see how it looks. I do need a fresh body!

Thanks

Trey
Old 12-28-2021, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

I'm curious if the aftermarket aluminum towers for the WLToys 144001 would fit the EMB-1 and have the strength needed to resist bending. Has this already been tried?

Otherwise, if/when my front aluminum tower starts bending, I'm going to try doubling up on the OEM towers first in order to maintain the buggy look, and if that doesn't work out then I'll go to the truggy body.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

I'm tempted to get the Aluminum upgrade kit (spindles, hubs, carriers, bellcrank, servo saver and horn). Is it worth it or just additional weight?
Old 12-28-2021, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just ordered one of these to replace my worn out SCT body - https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product...ming-very-soon. Love the Baja Bug look. Warren RC has them in stock.

Raguvian and smirkracing like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.