Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If there mounted and you have the extensions then I would do the same to try it out - bearings and hubs are cheap enough but the forces I think on the hubs and bearing will be very different in each application. Since you have both I have wondered are the extensions longer then just the offset difference between the two different wheels. Looking at pictures they appear longer to me.

The spacers are a lot worse but because you are increasing the distance between the bearing and where the wheels are mounted. That moment force is applyed to the axles and hubs/bearings and that additional moment is to what the wheel is already doing. In the regular car racing world its always better to change the wheel offset to widen the track vs. spaces/stud extensions.

For low offset wheels, the plane of the hub mounting surface is toward the back side of the wheel's centerline so yes there is some moment forces added here as well but the distance between the hub and the mating of the wheel is the same as stock so that extra moment isn't a factor. Plus the plastic wheel will likely deform and take some of the stress when landing.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey all, looking to drag race my truggy on 3S

Has anyone come up with a wheelie bar for this car yet?

I would be willing to make my own if I had an idea of how to start
Old 01-06-2020, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hoyle33
Hey all, looking to drag race my truggy on 3S

Has anyone come up with a wheelie bar for this car yet?

I would be willing to make my own if I had an idea of how to start

T-bone makes a rear bumper for the tacon vehicles that mounts right on and you can use the 1/16-1/18 wheelie bar they offer.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Is there any difference between the Tacon and LC racing, The Tacon is much cheaper for the buggy from what I can see.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fishboy77
I do have a set of the offset wheels, and I was planning on getting some new clay tires for them. But I already have a bunch of Dirt Webs and Electrons on standard rear buggy wheels, and I figured why not get the extenders for $5 and give them a shot? Plus, after thinking about it I'm not sure why the offset wheels would be better than the extenders with regular wheels. Seems the forces on the hubs will be the same either way.
Its mainly the slop and breaking of pins you will experience as issues. You can find information about it in the thread, but those were the main issues. So just FYI.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Everyone - Because the next shipment of the Mini-T 2.0 has been pushed back we felt it necessary to also push the date on the Mini Nationals back. The new date will be April 18 & 19 2020. Thank you all for understanding. Updated rules will be posted in about a week too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/564037174448740/
Old 01-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shingo501
Is there any difference between the Tacon and LC racing, The Tacon is much cheaper for the buggy from what I can see.
The only real difference is the body. Tacon vehicles have a PVC body that tend to break after just one run.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sacmiata
If there mounted and you have the extensions then I would do the same to try it out - bearings and hubs are cheap enough but the forces I think on the hubs and bearing will be very different in each application. Since you have both I have wondered are the extensions longer then just the offset difference between the two different wheels. Looking at pictures they appear longer to me.
Well I ordered them from China, so I'll let you know in about a month .

Originally Posted by sacmiata
For low offset wheels, the plane of the hub mounting surface is toward the back side of the wheel's centerline so yes there is some moment forces added here as well but the distance between the hub and the mating of the wheel is the same as stock so that extra moment isn't a factor.
It's this last part that doesn't make sense to me. In my mind, it's the distance between the wheel and the hub that matters. The plane of wheel attachment seems irrelevant, although I admit I could be wrong. Another way to put is I don't see why big negative offset will give you a free lunch. Imagine if you had like three inches of negative wheel offset. Those hub bearings would be in a world of pain.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Idk if the LC bodies are any better.

1 and a half year old Tacon body.

Not even a full bash LC body.

Sooo anywho. I picked up one of those WL Toys buggies and yeah it's definitely a $80 Chinese rc car, it was broken in the box.........

All of the shocks were way overfilled and the screws holding in the suspension mounts were all loose.

Front and rear shocks on the WL Toys are both the same length ~1-2mm longer than the Lc rear shocks.

Most of the plastic parts are really bendy and pliable.

Here is a list so far of parts that are not the same and cannot be replaced without replacing other parts.
Bulkheads.
Diffs.
Shock towers.
Center driveshaft. < if you wanted to change out to the Lc slipper you need everything listed above from the Lc vehicles to do so.
Front and rear hubs.

The Tbone Racing bumper "fits" the holes in the bottom of the chassis are ever so slightly closer together front to back, side to side spacing is the same, on the WL Toys chassis.

WL Toys has an even smaller hub bearing.

WL Toys front shock on the left, Lc Racing on the right.

WL Toys on the left, Lc Racing on the right.

Lc Racing on the left, WL Toys on the right.

Lc Racing on the left, WL Toys on the right.

Just a comparison of the front shock towers.
WL Toys on the left, Lc Racing on the right.

Front shock towers stacked on top of each other. WL Toys on top, Lc Racing on the Bottom.

Rear shock towers stacked on top of each other. WL Toys on top, Lc Racing on the bottom.

RazorRC likes this.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Tech Legend

had a great race this weekend using the lC12B1. car is like dialed especially with the sensored motor.
slick2500 likes this.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where can I find a setup for the lc buggy? I'd love to feel like mine is "dialed in". Thanks!
Old 01-14-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And also, is there a big difference in handling for the truggy? I'm considering upgrading mine. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgymr
where can I find a setup for the lc buggy? I'd love to feel like mine is "dialed in". Thanks!
petite rc

Originally Posted by bgymr
And also, is there a big difference in handling for the truggy? I'm considering upgrading mine. Thanks!
I like the truggy better and I am much faster on the track with it.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I installed a 3100 Kv Surpass motor in my truggy last week. This allows the use of 3s 1800 mAh packs, which have the same watt hours as a 2s 2700 pack but still fit easily. Running the motor with a 14T pinion and it still has more speed than I can use at my local clay track.

In other news, I broke a rear hub carrier on a bad landing, and when I went to replace it one of those tiny hub bearings disintegrated in my hands. That was after maybe an hour of runtime total.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:17 PM
Tech Legend

I think some are trying a better quality bearing than stock. bearins in the hubs would last longer I feel with some crush spacers like thumb rc was making at one time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.