Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree188Likes

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't know about the reflex 14's specifically, but with the 1/14 LC racing cars we all run Schumacher SST mini pins on a 1/10 TC wheel.
tyreguy likes this.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Don't know about the reflex 14's specifically, but with the 1/14 LC racing cars we all run Schumacher SST mini pins on a 1/10 TC wheel.
Yeah i run those on lc12b1, looking to try a different ride to get a different feel, the LCs are on point though. The BHC-1 is great.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default NEED Help

So I just got my 14t, right off the back I swapped out the motor and esc, the issue I have is that after a few minutes the car stopped moving, I thought it was a stripped gear or differential but found no stripped gears. I did find that neither of the diffs, had oil so I added oil to all. It worked for a bit but again after 5 minutes it did the same. Any suggestions?
I put 5k,5k,3k on the diff's.
Have a hobbywing 16bl30 with a 2535 4500kv.
Any ideas would be appreciated
Old 10-24-2023, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Gearbmesh too tight? Wheel nuts too tight? Did it get overheated? Wrong battery setting on the esc?
Old 10-24-2023, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by strodedawg
Gearbmesh too tight? Wheel nuts too tight? Did it get overheated? Wrong battery setting on the esc?
the spur gear is spinning normally. But the car itself does not move at all on the floor. Off the ground the tires spin but not like they are suppose to. The minute I put some load on the tires then the spur gear keeps spinning but tires do not.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joelg
the spur gear is spinning normally. But the car itself does not move at all on the floor. Off the ground the tires spin but not like they are suppose to. The minute I put some load on the tires then the spur gear keeps spinning but tires do not.
That sounds like your slipper isn’t adjusted correctly.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nielsm
That sounds like your slipper isn’t adjusted correctly.

I was not aware there was a slip adjustment. Where is it located?
Old 10-25-2023, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joelg
I was not aware there was a slip adjustment. Where is it located?
I don’t own a Reflex, but from your description that would be a typical cause. I pulled up the parts diagram for the Reflex and there isn’t a slipper stock. Is there any kind of grinding noise when the car doesn’t move? It sounds like it must be some slipping in the drivetrain somewhere. Unfortunately, without a slipper that could mean gear slipping.

Check the pinion-spur mesh. If it is too loose, it may be able to turn the wheels with no load, but the pinion would just spin when loaded and start shredding the spur gear.

Check the wheel hexes are seated correctly and not slipping. There is a pin that goes thru the axle and fits into a slot on the hex. If it isn’t seated correctly, it could cause the behavior you described.

Are the dog bones properly seated in the outdrive slots front & rear on both sides of the diff?

If you remove the center drive shaft cover you should be able to see if it spins under power both with & without load which can help direct you to where the problem may be. On the Reflex, the front diff is powered by this shaft with an outdrive on the center diff, while a pinion connects to the rear diff’s spur gear directly. Check all those gears are meshed correctly and that the center shaft is seated correctly in the outdrive.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi all, does anyone have a recommendation for a sensored combo for this truck? I'm running the 14MT, and the motor definitely runs very hot. I'm hoping for cooler temps and smoother control (hence sensored). I do think it works surprisingly well in stock form, though.
Nitro Ace likes this.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Did someone try to get the LC racing diffs to work on the 15b? also the ongaro has no improvements over the standard other than the body and esc placement?
Old 11-14-2023, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smirkracing
Hi all, does anyone have a recommendation for a sensored combo for this truck? I'm running the 14MT, and the motor definitely runs very hot. I'm hoping for cooler temps and smoother control (hence sensored). I do think it works surprisingly well in stock form, though.
Have you tried the larger spur gear or a motor fan?
Old 11-17-2023, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone running the 14B on Black CRC carpet? Needing to get the appropriate tires.
Old 01-25-2024, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyshore

Got a set of Tacon Soar buggy rears to run on the truggy ($7/pair on nitrorcx.com)...they should definitely hook up better than the stockers on my track. Also added a fan to keep motor temps down. Excited to run it tomorrow!!

I know its been forever but how did those wheels and tires do?? me and a few friends are looking into 1/14 truggy and wheels and tires are a concern, I know the LC truggy uses 1/10 buggy rears.. any info would be greatly appreciated
Old Today, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

You guys see the new 14b Kits announced today?

Old Today, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Reflex 14b build Kits announced today. Nice looking new shell.
New Kits come with Alu Hex and Shock Bodies...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.