Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Associated Reflex 14B/14T >

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Like Tree200Likes

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Old 05-19-2024, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dan
Anyone have the Arrma Grom and 14B? Curious how they compare.
The reflex 14 platform is way more advanced than the Grom. Grom has too much plastic, and only 2 crappy diffs that burn out on the brushed motor setup. The Reflex has 3 diffs (F/R/Center) so it drives much smoother and more controllable. The Grom is a money pit to make it durable.
Dan likes this.
Old 05-22-2024, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
Probably asked before, tried searching, what other wheel/tire options are out there?? ive heard 2wd buggy front fit but i would think they are a bitt narrower then stock tires for contact patch? Appreciate any and all input
Schumacher SST rally/mini pin or Tamiya Rally Block on 1:10 touring wheels, LC racing wheels/tires for their 1:14 cars, various cheapo chinese options. Possibly Kyosho rally ones too?
Old 05-27-2024, 06:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jauntyfedora
Schumacher SST rally/mini pin or Tamiya Rally Block on 1:10 touring wheels, LC racing wheels/tires for their 1:14 cars, various cheapo chinese options. Possibly Kyosho rally ones too?
Those look like they'd be great on dirt, I've found I really like thie Schumachers for my local track.
Old 06-25-2024, 10:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm looking at buying the kit version, and would need a steering servo for it. I've seen a few mentioned in this thread, but I haven't seen any definitive follow up on them.
The Savox SV-1250MGP needs to be modified to fit?
And did the Reefs RC 99micro work?
A Main is currently out of stock of the Associated servo for the Reflex.
Old 06-26-2024, 05:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I went with Reefs Raw 100 Mini servo instead. I'll see how that fits when everything shows up.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to forum and 14b - diff lube querey

Hi All,

I just picked up 14B kit and am super confused about diffs. Kits says to use black grease on them, which is not included in kit. Kit comes with 10wt silicone diff fluid and 30wt silicone fluid.

I asked Team Associated support they said:

"Sorry about the confusion, I would use the 30k in the center diff and 10k front and rear."

I asked the company I bought the model from and they said "The main drive gears and pinions do require a light grease with black grease" they are sending me some.

Is there a general consensus on what to use? Currently I have filled the front and rear diff with the 10wt silicone diff fluid.

I'm just gonna be back yard bashing, on street etc...!

Many thanks any help much appreciated!

Ronnie
Old 06-27-2024, 05:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Somewhere in this thread it was posted that they used 10k in the front, 30k in the middle, and 7k in the rear, so I'll be using that as a starting point. The black grease would be used on the output shafts of the diff, and the ring and pinion gears in the front and rear diffs.
ronnie_space likes this.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for that. Take it you're also building up a kit?

In my kit I have AE10K silicone diff fluid and also AE30WT silicone fluid. I am presuming that the later is 30K which I can use for the shocks and the middle diff. No idea if shock/diff fluid is same!

I have built front/rear diffs with the 10K so thinking will use the AE30WT silcione fluid for the middle.

Ronnie
Old 06-27-2024, 07:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No, the 30wt is for the shocks only,,, so put 10k in the center diff as well if you don't have access to thicker fluid.
ronnie_space likes this.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks! I only have the AE10K silicone diff fluid so will go with that all round.

Can anyone recommend an ESC, motor, servo?
Old 06-28-2024, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ronnie_space
Thanks! I only have the AE10K silicone diff fluid so will go with that all round.

Can anyone recommend an ESC, motor, servo?
I'd go with a Hobbywing 10BL60 Sensored ESC and a Hobbywing 2848SD 4600Kv.
ronnie_space likes this.
Old 06-29-2024, 09:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The manual is really lacking. Parts bags are lettered, but the manual doesn't reference them at all. The rear hubs are marked "A" and "B", but the manual calls them out as left and right. Page nine shows the front skid plate being attached with six, M2.5x10mm FHST (flat head self tapping), when it should be four, self tappers, and two machine thread. the machine thread screws into the bottom of the steering bellcrank posts.

The Reefs Raw100 mini servo mounting ears are about 4mm higher then the servo mount bracket, so I'm looking at laying it down on the chassis. I sanded the mating edges of the diff cups on a piece of sandpaper and glass, hoping to get a better seal. I put 7,000 in the front diff, 10,000 in the center, and 3,000 in the rear diff. Pinion gears are supposed to show up today, so then I can see how the Hobbywing 2848SD motor will fit. For now, I'll use a Tekin RS to control it. Turbo Boost will be fun.
jabroni racing likes this.
Old 06-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the recommend!
Old 06-29-2024, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
The manual is really lacking. Parts bags are lettered, but the manual doesn't reference them at all. The rear hubs are marked "A" and "B", but the manual calls them out as left and right. Page nine shows the front skid plate being attached with six, M2.5x10mm FHST (flat head self tapping), when it should be four, self tappers, and two machine thread. the machine thread screws into the bottom of the steering bellcrank posts.

The Reefs Raw100 mini servo mounting ears are about 4mm higher then the servo mount bracket, so I'm looking at laying it down on the chassis. I sanded the mating edges of the diff cups on a piece of sandpaper and glass, hoping to get a better seal. I put 7,000 in the front diff, 10,000 in the center, and 3,000 in the rear diff. Pinion gears are supposed to show up today, so then I can see how the Hobbywing 2848SD motor will fit. For now, I'll use a Tekin RS to control it. Turbo Boost will be fun.
Yeah It is rather lacking and could be a lot clearer in terms of manual and identification of parts.

On step 11 page 7 - I found when you tighten up the machined screws on the top plat it binds up the steering linkage action. Not sure if that would free up in use. I just backed of screws a bit.

I'll see how the 10k diff oil in all works - and if need to switch to 7k, 10k, 3k (F/C/R).

On step 16 page 9 - aren't those two screws already in place from step 10? Confusing.
Old 06-29-2024, 07:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ronnie_space
On step 16 page 9 - aren't those two screws already in place from step 10? Confusing.
No, the first two on that step are buttonhead screws, for the B block. The other six are flathead screws to hold the skidplate, and sandwich the A block and B. block. The last two of the six get run into the steel bellcrank posts, and need to have machinne thread, not self tapping threads.

I got mine together, body painted, and a cheap set of tires glued up. I'll see how it does on a sealed track tomorrow. I don't want to use the kit tires on that track as it's pretty abrasive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.