Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT MALAYSIA - News, Support & Discussion Centre

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aeco's
blh bg tau tak harga receiver box utk serpent 733??

klau x salah dlm rm25
Old 05-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Serpent Cobra 811 photo.

just for share....eager to try.. Serpent 811
Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Azizi
Perghhhhh.... Ensemmmm....
Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mizan hobby
bukan apa takut rosak tread ni nanti
Byk serangga perosak skrg nih Mizan.. Kene selalu stanby Shelltox.. Kasi sembur sama dia...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cylinder
Byk serangga perosak skrg nih Mizan.. Kene selalu stanby Shelltox.. Kasi sembur sama dia...
Kalo NITRO BUSTER tak jalan ke...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Mengancam dan terancam siottt...
Kihkihkih..
Old 05-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cylinder
Perghhhhh.... Ensemmmm....
Originally Posted by epin_78
Mengancam dan terancam siottt...
Kihkihkih..
jom lerrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Aik Rccenter
merata dia p
heheheee.. jgn marah aik.. just know for my knowledge...
Old 05-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Some kits will arrive next week.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hms racing
hope mine is in together... cant wait
Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
wee
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any option parts like 20t pulley and 18t pulley.???
any nova rossi t shirt..
Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

really cant wait!!!! The pic is just awesome!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cobra 811 Demo kit landed!!

Hi guys,

I had the honour of building the first Cobra in the region (I think). First impression of the box and the instruction manual were very good! The feel good factor was thru the roof!!

Started building the car already...very noticeable difference with other cars were the plastics! With my electric screwdriver, I normally set it at the lowest torque clutch settings...I have never gone beyond the 4th notch(on the torque control)....believe it or not...to mount the gearbox onto the chassis, I had to turn it up all the way to the 12th notch!!! Initially, I didnt dare to let the gadget to do the tightening all the way but since I'm suppose to give it a crash test...well, what the heck! I drilled it thru and the plastics actually stood the 12th notch test!!! I then tested to one screw using my trusted hand power and damn!! It hurts like hell to just screw in one darn gearbox screw!! Make sure to get a electric screwdriver or be ready for a prosthetic hand!

The diffs seems conventional with spring steel gears. Again to mount the diff screws...its requires more than usual strength...maybe I'm weak...dunno.

then came the unique part, the brakes. No wonder the designer claims that little servo strength is required. The cam designs is really impressive. With this demo kit, i had a little trouble fitting the brake lever and it is different from the image therefore a slight self modification is required and all went well. An email from Serpent claims all production cars is already sorted.

Then the stabilizer mounts were the next unique feature. The ball mount on the arms, the ball bearing supported mounts...ultra smooth. Gone are the days where I had to actually remove them to check for binding.

Also another great inclusion were the droop screws...A 4mm button head were used and it must be screwed on from the bottom...this prevents the droop screws from digging into your chassis which requires constant monitoring. This 4mm screw isnt just any normal screws...at the other end of the screw is hollow which allows a 2mm hex to be used for adjust droop. Meaning, you can adjust droop as per normal but with a button head at the other end for a more consistent droop setting. Serpent isnt allowing little details to get away this time.

Have finished most of the car except for the shocks, body and the radio tray...but now I need some sleep after watching my favourite team (Inter Milan) triumphed in the Champions League! Inter were just awesome!! Bayern's defence were like little boys!

Expect more great news for the Cobra...production kits is in the plane somewhere waiting to hatch!! Soon there will be Cobras slithering at most tracks!

Cheers

Last edited by CheeYong; 05-23-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CheeYong
Cobra 811 Demo kit landed!!

Hi guys,

I had the honour of building the first Cobra in the region (I think). First impression of the box and the instruction manual were very good! The feel good factor was thru the roof!!

Started building the car already...very noticeable difference with other cars were the plastics! With my electric screwdriver, I normally set it at the lowest torque clutch settings...I have never gone beyond the 4th notch(on the torque control)....believe it or not...to mount the gearbox onto the chassis, I had to turn it up all the way to the 12th notch!!! Initially, I didnt dare to let the gadget to do the tightening all the way but since I'm suppose to give it a crash test...well, what the heck! I drilled it thru and the plastics actually stood the 12th notch test!!! I then tested to one screw using my trusted hand power and damn!! It hurts like hell to just screw in one darn gearbox screw!! Make sure to get a electric screwdriver or be ready for a prosthetic hand!

The diffs seems conventional with spring steel gears. Again to mount the diff screws...its requires more than usual strength...maybe I'm weak...dunno.

then came the unique part, the brakes. No wonder the designer claims that little servo strength is required. The cam designs is really impressive. With this demo kit, i had a little trouble fitting the brake lever and it is different from the image therefore a slight self modification is required and all went well. An email from Serpent claims all production cars is already sorted.

Then the stabilizer mounts were the next unique feature. The ball mount on the arms, the ball bearing supported mounts...ultra smooth. Gone are the days where I had to actually remove them to check for binding.

Also another great inclusion were the droop screws...A 4mm button head were used and it must be screwed on from the bottom...this prevents the droop screws from digging into your chassis which requires constant monitoring. This 4mm screw isnt just any normal screws...at the other end of the screw is hollow which allows a 2mm hex to be used for adjust droop. Meaning, you can adjust droop as per normal but with a button head at the other end for a more consistent droop setting. Serpent isnt allowing little details to get away this time.

Have finished most of the car except for the shocks, body and the radio tray...but now I need some sleep after watching my favourite team (Inter Milan) triumphed in the Champions League! Inter were just awesome!! Bayern's defence were like little boys!

Expect more great news for the Cobra...production kits is in the plane somewhere waiting to hatch!! Soon there will be Cobras slithering at most tracks!

Cheers
what a great infomation Bro, thanks alot!! should be get one kit for me also la.. hehe keep it on bro..

cheers
Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.