Wiki Posts
Search

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrueye
What if you put the straight furthest from the driver stand, which is the hardest part of the track to see?
[Action] gets popcorn out and sits back in chair [/action]
Old 01-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grimm1
Like some of the ideas you guys have. IMO all good tracks have equal left right turns and angles. I like tracks with different options for lines rather then a track that has all 90 degree turns and runs. I prefer more technical track that makes everyone work.
When the track times are only a few seconds higher then when there was half the track, the track is to easy and defeats the point of having all the extra track.
So do you want to go fast or do you want to be a better technical driver? I think the key is going to as many tracks as you can to get layout idea's and always be changing. Also we need to occasionally run the track as a wet track like other tracks, use clay tires instead of the ones we are using.
Also I like the crossover, but with the speed of some of the marshall's, it makes for a nightmare to safely marshall. I mean do you want to stick your head between the crossover when an ebuggy is coming at you? Remember the safety of other people is the most important part.
Barry Barry Barry, are you a mind reader? Guess what you are so correct sir, by mid Feb everyone will need to have the correct tires and set up to run on a damp track. I going to ask that each tire sponsored drivers share the information of which tires their sponsor suggest to run on a damp track.
I know from running the track when testing the jumps and changes that Jconcepts Gold Smoothies work well for me, not sure about AKA, Proline, Sweep, Losi , etc. I run a little softer spring seems to hook up a little better.

So start asking and finding out what you need to do to make sure you are ready to go faster and cleaner, and very low dust on your equipment.

Gota Love it! Carl Knight
Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

JConcepts = Gold
Proline = MC
Sweep = Green (correct me if I am wrong Looper)
AKA = Clay

These are the compounds they consider "clay" compounds and are run on damp indoor clay surfaces. These compounds tend to have a bit of break-in needed and require traction compounds (like anyone there doesn't sauce their tires now).
Old 01-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
Barry Barry Barry, are you a mind reader? Guess what you are so correct sir, by mid Feb everyone will need to have the correct tires and set up to run on a damp track. I going to ask that each tire sponsored drivers share the information of which tires their sponsor suggest to run on a damp track.
I know from running the track when testing the jumps and changes that Jconcepts Gold Smoothies work well for me, not sure about AKA, Proline, Sweep, Losi , etc. I run a little softer spring seems to hook up a little better.

So start asking and finding out what you need to do to make sure you are ready to go faster and cleaner, and very low dust on your equipment.

Gota Love it! Carl Knight
A damp track surface would be awesome!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Late response, but meh. Dusty, awesome job over the weekend btw!

I like option C, as I think the crossover will be too much for the novice guys that come out to practice. I think in a race it would be fine (other then marshalling), but on off days, a lot of guys come out with monster trucks and Rustlers and things that will not be able to clear it and it will just lead to chaos and broken cars. And please no safety netting bridge nonsense.

As far as dots, I am also not a fan. I would much prefer the rumble strip type thing that HCRCR does sometimes with what looks like smaller pvc pipe. It makes you slow down and works the suspension, but doesn't cause cars to flip and cartwheel (which where the placement is in C, would be into oncoming traffic). It also wouldn't break down, and with it in a corner, there is no optimal line, just having to set the car up right and drive it correctly.

I am with Shon in liking things like step up corners and rythym sections and would love to see both. Thunder's current layout has 3 doubles in a row that land you onto a table top turn. Its awesome, though needs a lot of corner marshalling. Just remember we have a lot of folks that come out that are not racers and do not necessarily have full race vehicles.

On a related note, can we get rid of ebuggy already? I am just waiting for someone to get taken out, and based on the driving over the weekend, it will be sooner rather then later. It also does quite a number on the track. If people want to keep it, then only run it if there are 2+ heats, and make ebuggy marshall ebuggy.

Just my opinions.

Grant
Old 01-26-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I liked the look of the layout from Reedy this weekend. Easy to make laps on but hard as can be to get fast and be consistent on. It also produced some of the best racing I have seen in awhile.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Put a double triple in or a quad section �� rhythm jumping is fun
Old 01-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
JConcepts = Gold
Proline = MC
Sweep = Green (correct me if I am wrong Looper)
AKA = Clay

These are the compounds they consider "clay" compounds and are run on damp indoor clay surfaces. These compounds tend to have a bit of break-in needed and require traction compounds (like anyone there doesn't sauce their tires now).
Sweep is correct. Green is clay compound.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Late response, but meh. Dusty, awesome job over the weekend btw!

I like option C, as I think the crossover will be too much for the novice guys that come out to practice. I think in a race it would be fine (other then marshalling), but on off days, a lot of guys come out with monster trucks and Rustlers and things that will not be able to clear it and it will just lead to chaos and broken cars. And please no safety netting bridge nonsense.

As far as dots, I am also not a fan. I would much prefer the rumble strip type thing that HCRCR does sometimes with what looks like smaller pvc pipe. It makes you slow down and works the suspension, but doesn't cause cars to flip and cartwheel (which where the placement is in C, would be into oncoming traffic). It also wouldn't break down, and with it in a corner, there is no optimal line, just having to set the car up right and drive it correctly.

I am with Shon in liking things like step up corners and rythym sections and would love to see both. Thunder's current layout has 3 doubles in a row that land you onto a table top turn. Its awesome, though needs a lot of corner marshalling. Just remember we have a lot of folks that come out that are not racers and do not necessarily have full race vehicles.

On a related note, can we get rid of ebuggy already? I am just waiting for someone to get taken out, and based on the driving over the weekend, it will be sooner rather then later. It also does quite a number on the track. If people want to keep it, then only run it if there are 2+ heats, and make ebuggy marshall ebuggy.

Just my opinions.

Grant
+1 on Ebuggy. Kills the track and it's just short course with more powerful motors.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Particularly that D-Man guy, absolute menace with that ebuggy and the 4 foot long antenna whacking the ceiling girders.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What time does the race start on Friday Night 1/30/15?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
What time does the race start on Friday Night 1/30/15?
I think 7pm no earlier than that, opens at 12 noon. I'm going over tonight (Thursday)and prep the track for a great track Friday night racing.

Carl Knight
Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Carl, thanks for the help last night with setting my slipper. Worked great in the main.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrueye
Carl, thanks for the help last night with setting my slipper. Worked great in the main.
That's what I do, you are welcome! The track is ready blew it off an wet the outer edges misted the groove, looks great and fast. There are a couple places the pipe needs fixing if someone could jump on that, I would be thankful it still hurts me to bend over.

Carl Knight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.