Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I think moguls are cool if done kind of like they were on the first full layout or like they are currently at loganville. Where they are higher on the outside and lower in the middle so it gives you 3 lines to get though. Either doubling on the outside or taking the inside like whoops.

The most tricky part of an indoor layout is going to be marshal positions. Trying to find a good place for them to be without blocking the view.

These would be less than 2 inches tall...not like loganville(although they are cool). It would just be something to work the suspension a little, definitely not something you could jump. With it being partially in a corner, it would be tough to make the type of moguls you could jump without lots of crashes.

I'm thinking these would be the type to make you spin out if you carry too much speed, not flip.

By the way, why haven't we seen you at hotshots?
Old 01-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm loving the the last set up you posted.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by redneckhatch
I'm loving the the last set up you posted.
Thanks for the input. Who is this?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Like some of the ideas you guys have. IMO all good tracks have equal left right turns and angles. I like tracks with different options for lines rather then a track that has all 90 degree turns and runs. I prefer more technical track that makes everyone work.
When the track times are only a few seconds higher then when there was half the track, the track is to easy and defeats the point of having all the extra track.
So do you want to go fast or do you want to be a better technical driver? I think the key is going to as many tracks as you can to get layout idea's and always be changing. Also we need to occasionally run the track as a wet track like other tracks, use clay tires instead of the ones we are using.
Also I like the crossover, but with the speed of some of the marshall's, it makes for a nightmare to safely marshall. I mean do you want to stick your head between the crossover when an ebuggy is coming at you? Remember the safety of other people is the most important part.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DLoden531
Thanks for the input. Who is this?
I'm Jerry Wilson I have the 22 and D413
Old 01-19-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Glad to see you're getting a lot of opinions on this, I'll throw my 2 cents in as well but just know that I'm glad we have a nice place to race so in the end, as long as there is a track to run on I'll be there as much as I can.

- I agree with the cross-over...sounds cool, gives you some options with the layout, but I really think it's just too dangerous to marshall. It's tough enough when cars are coming from one direction, so 2 would be too much.

- As for the dots, I personally do not like them. And that's just because I can never seem to hit them consistently to get through them. Again though, it's not like I'm "not gonna race" because there are dots there.

- Regarding the layouts, I do like the last one....it's an interesting mix of turns....it would be perfect if we could get rid of the dots!!!

Thanks for putting the time in on the track to keep it updated.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Dusty for doing this. I personally like option B with the overpass because, like Barry said, it has equal left and right turns. There also seems to be enough space for extra marshals around the overpass area, and there is enough run up where it shouldn't be any harder for a novice to square up and clear as any other double. It also looks like a fairly easy change from the current layout (unfortunately won't slow lap times to much). Option C isn't bad either but its a 6-3 turn ratio. A positive is it should slow lap times. Option C looks like the most work from the current layout. Oh and keep the dots since everyone hates them; it will just make them better drivers.
Just my $.02
Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Option C is good. 1) Keep the moguls on a short stretch like that. It works the suspension and will require drivers to really push and decide on the limit of speed and risk. 2) The corner jump on the lower left into a flowing jump area is also very good, but could be risky. It will be a bit tricky to hit but will be a good learning experience. However, that could be nasty with cars over jumping onto the straight (thinking SCT/e-buggy), so suggest a wall/stop there to ensure we aren't destroying vehicles.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a fan of option "C". No crossovers with moguls. I dig having crossovers but there seems to be a lack of athletic type folks that drive and marshal. That being said there could potentially be an issue with crossing over. Whatever you and Carl will be great for sure. Do you plan on including any outdoor style berms with the new layout?
Old 01-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLoden531
They are definitely dirt moguls...here is an option without the cross over.
Option C for the win! you could put a nice off camber turn at the top bend around the pole.

I have enclosed a sketch to illustrate this another section that can be done. I named three sections of the track...
Attached Thumbnails ***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Jmuck69; 01-19-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

I like all of the designs so far! Without a cross over you are limited on design foot prints! I personally like big jumps, corner tables tops, wall rides, cross overs, moguls and Rhythm jump sections. Equal amount of jumps from left to right and right to lefts, as well as jumps coming to and away from you.

but If the is no cross over, I really like this style layout! These video examples are from rc excitment, the CRCRCR mid west champs, and Taps 2012/13 layout that I helped make. Its the same basic layout for all of them but with different jump locations, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9e0wOA-QQ
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF2R3PXiXC4
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7V-...Gjez0pWsGgBlyQ
+ YouTube Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9onC0vKSn6k
+ YouTube Video
Old 01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Shawn I need to see you first thing Saturday Sir.
I have looked at all of the videos very good stuff. I like all the layouts No crossover NO dirt dots. I still have not seen a track with round dirt hills? With a track that can somewhat (light) blue groove round dirt hills that WILL crumble will not be good......My @ pennies
Old 01-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys glad to see all the interest in the track layout, lots of good ideas.
Watch for post in a few weeks asking all racers to come out an try out the changes, I will not post any pic's of what will be happening, but will invite you to bring your car and see for yourself. I learned a long time ago what you see on print is just the idea an that's good, again I'm glad for all the ideas it helps me put all the ideas together, but I prefer to show you the real thing in person, oh yeah bring your entry fee's, $$LOL!$$
This week I will be patching up some holes, leveling a few jumps and landings, fixing some of the crappy 4inch pipe, which reminds me to ask all you guys to find out what pipe they use at the race track in Nashville, Shon was going to but have not heard from him. The pipe will be changed with the new layout, that is if the price is not crazy.

We had a great race last Sat the 17th, special thanks to Gene Samuels, who did his thing, Jam up!,
Tylor Weaver showed up to announce for Gene while Gene was racing, one word to describe Tylor's announcing INSANE! Tylor how the hell do you expect us to drive while laughing our ass off, I had tears streaming down my face( not from Tylor's jokes but my bad driving) LOL!

We had 50 driver even thought Savannah was going on, thanks to all the guys who came out and raced I had a blast!

See ya Weds 21st Shon should be announcing he does a great job as well!!

Carl Knight
Old 01-20-2015, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

LOL @ Carl!! I had fun announcing! Our new timing and scoring system, LiveRC's LiveTime, makes it so easy!

Carl, your dedication to the track and our fellow racers, is phenomenal! If I lived as close as you, I'd be there every other day with you, helping to improve the track and facilities! I love HotShots!!

I hope you all have a blast at our First Annual, New Years Raceolution!!! See everyone next weekend! ��
Old 01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

What if you put the straight furthest from the driver stand, which is the hardest part of the track to see?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.