Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HookaMega
Well your fellow on road'er Bill came to our meetings at Harry's when we were organizing this stuff. I'm pretty sure Harry made attempts whether they were successful or not to contact Hobby World and get flyers over to them.

If you search this Florida Racing forum you will find threads advertising the proposed venture with the city last summer.
fyi bill is a onroad guy HW is mainly oval racers but regardless no word was ever passed on to the longest running group of racers
Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Davepull....Alot of the info that you are posting is here say.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

well it came from Charlie Brown at the time. (off road stuff) and the HW stuff came from well the HW guys
Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HookaMega
Well your fellow on road'er Bill came to our meetings at Harry's when we were organizing this stuff. I'm pretty sure Harry made attempts whether they were successful or not to contact Hobby World and get flyers over to them.

If you search this Florida Racing forum you will find threads advertising the proposed venture with the city last summer.
Originally Posted by davepull
fyi bill is a onroad guy HW is mainly oval racers but regardless no word was ever passed on to the longest running group of racers
I'll vouch for this. HW has not mentioned or passed any info to the racers in the back. I believe I was the one who posted some info on hobbytalk. That's where most of the HW regulars are at. If you guys really wanted to all Jacksonville r/c involved in a "club" why didn't someone come over during a race day and talked to the race director? It's time to move one and Jeff's post on here http://forum1.aimoo.com/rctalk/Main-...1-1018655.html sums it up.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How many dragstrip rc racers are in support of the current layout? If you take the current layout an eliminate the dragstrip and parking beyond, there would be plenty of room for both an onroad and offroad track. I am sure I am gonna make someone mad with this post. Let's consolidate our efforts and try to make this happen! Give me some design ideas and I will be happy to lay it out.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by davepull
well it came from Charlie Brown at the time. (off road stuff) and the HW stuff came from well the HW guys
I know good a well "CB" did not tell you that the city gave us a property and we turn it down.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Here we go. Problem solved, except this layout would prevent the oval guys from doing donuts in the infield grass. They like to do that for some reason.

All joking aside, I think we can make something work with the overall size of the proposed site.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I didn't know there was an expert on me out there but I guess there is.
I can tell you where I get my information from - the man that started this project- Harry. I even talked with him yesterday .He has different information than the mystery guy does.If I really wanted to pat myself on the back for racing in jacksonville I could write several pages about r/c racing in our town.
I can tell you good luck with your meeting.The city has not lived up to their word on the simple passive park across the street from my house and it's cheaper ( going on 4 years now).I've sat in the meetings when the concil lady made the big presentation and promises.November(construction to begin) has come and gone and it's still just like it was.It does not take a rocket scientist to see how much the city is crying about lost taxes and how are they going to make it up.And having seen the city do what it done in the past- they are going to spent 1.7 million on an r/c park. what about the police- fireman and oh yes the court house?Now I can think that's 2.7 million on two parks they don't have to spend that money on.
I hope it goes thru and you get your park . Build whatever you like .Maybe someone else had some infuence with the city especially about the dragstrip? That's the person you need to find out about. How long has it been since there was r/c drag racing in town?I don't care.If you have an on-road track and I'm still racing and can make the event -I'll come. Good luck on you venture .Is there a reason you won't sign your name ?
Again I'm signing my name: Bill Fraden

Last edited by BullFrog; 03-14-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hooper
I know good a well "CB" did not tell you that the city gave us a property and we turn it down.

Ok if you say so.

BTW this might help all of us why not post some names with these post

I am Dave Puliafico

RCgen = Eugene Biala

Bullfrog Bill fraden
Old 03-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Barry Bunker here. I am getting back into R/C after several years. Had too many kids and not enough money for awhile. I have owned and raced almost every class up to 1/8 on road. I would love to have an onroad course as well as offroad. I want to teach my son to drive his VXL Rustler on a track, not just through the yard and on pavement. We need to unify our efforts if we have any chance of getting this approved.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey this is GREAT. Only 10 minutes from the farm. Will try and make it on monday. Look forward to seeing those that were around in '88-'95 years. If they are still the same group.

Joe Malin
Old 03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Does everyone on this post know what the entire proposed layout looks like. I have not put the whole thing in CAD yet, just the paved area. I am working on revisions as I think the electric layout it too far out. I am also going to provide a layout that eliminates the drag strip and adjacent parking, to include a reduced onroad and offroad layout.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Here is one revision to electric layout.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

u guys just starting out in this hobby dont know the half. You want a onroad track please yall stupid a$$ dont even know how to drive them. i have been here racing since it was the first club offroad was started and seems none of yall know what yall are even talking about. I recall being at the meeting as well biilly fraken u a hole thats what you are,you talk so negative about ever thing u old fart shut f up you and your stupid little dog never like you anyway.I was at terry parker and it was offroad talk then and still is. can u even drive your old bolink. nothing but offroad for me the hell with onroad.

Ajay
Old 03-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

AJAY up until your comments I had alot of respect for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.