Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Rookie

looks like Monday night meeting should be very interesting. Damn A.J take it easy bro. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had alot of respect for you to till you made me feel not important you dont remeber but i do. your comments are always negative never positive why.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by davepull
lol Hookamega lol

ok are you talking about the same group of off-road guys that ran at thre last city park first coast.

you know those clowns were given another piece of property by the city on beach blvd. but the clowns turned it down.

are these the same off-road guys that have managed to run off 3 off road tracks in the jax area in the past 4 years.

off road clowns have had there chance.

Bill Fraden great post man thanks for the hard work.

and hookeboober Bill is right Alan was a huge oval racer.

davepully you sound like a clown and probably look like one as well sound like a little b on this board. dont know what you are talking about either must just be starting newbe shut up.

Last edited by Ajay; 03-16-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jim g4
Hi,
I'm not sure how you figure this is a dirty deal on the part of Hobby Oasis. Let me explain a few things and then maybe you'd like to rephrase what you wrote.
I AM the owner of Hobby Oasis (I borrowed a friends account to reply to what I heard was posted). First I do not currently sell ANY cars or trucks nor have been involved in any racing activities ever. I at one time sold entry level cars and trucks period. I am not affiliated with ANY group nor associated with any group. I MERELY passed along information as it came to me. I have no axe to grind nor anything to gain as I'm the furthest store from the shop. Hobby World by proximity stands to gain more.
I do remember the old LONE STAR track. I also remember that the track was lost because folks wanted to run races Sundays while next door to a church. I had also heard that it was requested by the city that the races go back to Saturdays. When that didn't happen there was a further offer to move the track to the Northside landfill (where I happen to fly my planes as I do not drive RC vehicles). This I heard was turned down because the group wanted space on the southside. It was only after all this posturing by the club that the city finally closed the track. I DID in fact see the petition that was brought into my shop to sign. I DID NOT sign it as it was pointless. You were outnumbered and overmatched by the church and too stubborn to concede your Sunday racing. I said then that the track would be lost but the attitude was "we were there first" and "it's not going to happen". Well it did!
Now if you intend to attend the meeting with the attitude I'm feeling in your post, you will clearly demonstrate exactly why someone would NOT want to deal with your group. Try to take some kind of positive approach.

Now what seems to have happened is that two groups (one dirt & one paved) were working separately to get tracks built. It was the city that decided on the Maxville Park area. I have received ALL my info on this proposed facilty over the last several years from customers. A copy (small version) of plans were dropped off with a request for me to pass along the info. I did this by calling Harry's Hobbies, Hobby World, and HobbyTown and faxing what I had to them to pass on to their customers.

We have TWO model flying fields on city property because folks sat down and worked it out to everyone's mutual satisfaction. If you really wanted a dirt track you could likely still work something out on the northwest corner of the New Berlin Road Landfill. Take a look at www.jaxrc.com to see what has been built on the southeast side. Bottom line is don't whine just work it out.

Meanwhile I'm going to get my planes ready to fly because that's my expertise and my interest NOT cars. Can we say shoot the messenger? You managed that quite nicely thank you.

Regards,

Dave
The info recieved is wrong so dont say anything if you dont know the facts. YOU and YOUR source dont know nothing so shut the up

Last edited by Ajay; 03-16-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ajay
You want a onroad track please yall stupid a$$ dont even know how to drive them.
Ajay
funny i seem to remember when the first coast off road track shut down all the off road guys went out and bought touring cars. lol and where BANANAS!!!!!! lol and AJ you were one of them!!!
just you a oval car AJ and we'll see how good you are.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

funny i seem to remember when the first coast off road track shut down all the off road guys went out and bought touring cars. lol and where BANANAS!!!!!! lol and AJ you were one of them!!!
just you a oval car AJ and we'll see how good you are.
I cant see me buying one of them rt now love offroad to much but i will buy one if that is all thats running,popularity wins with me and offroad rules rt now . Yes i did buy one and sold it like a week later along with everybody else . But i have to ask all of the onroad guys how many of you guys are there.

by the way all you would probaly bemy a$$ if i tried racing any onroad......... lol

Last edited by Ajay; 03-17-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Just a thought. If you are going to work with the city i.e. politics. You might start by using proper English. It just might help you a bit.
I sure hope no one from the city is reading any of this.
You guys need to get together someplace and all get on the same page and work together to make it happen for both parties-onroad and off road.
Until then you sound like a bunch of immature babies. Work together and you will get much farther with the project.
If you don't wish to do that than carry on its working well for all of you.

Greg Esser
Old 03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gesser26
Just a thought. If you are going to work with the city i.e. politics. You might start by using proper English. It just might help you a bit.
I sure hope no one from the city is reading any of this.
You guys need to get together someplace and all get on the same page and work together to make it happen for both parties-onroad and off road.
Until then you sound like a bunch of immature babies. Work together and you will get much farther with the project.
If you don't wish to do that than carry on its working well for all of you.

Greg Esser
y r u worried about the way i talk. dont let that fool you. if i was worried or cocernd i could spell check

Last edited by Ajay; 03-16-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ajay
The info recieved is wrong so dont say anything if you dont know the facts. YOU and YOUR source dont know nothing so shut the up
Actually I do know what I was talking about and can say so in a civilized fashion without name calling. Fellows have been coming in asking me to post sign up lists and info sheets for on road (there were plenty of names submited)for over three years. Folks east of downtown are running evenings in the Mall parking lots. Back when Autohaus was in business there was regular parking lot racing at Hooters and K-Mart. The reason it was in parking lots was because there was no track. The one behind Hobby World is suitable for electric and not nitro touring cars. Currently folks are driving south to places such as Kissimee and Caselberry (Superior Hobby monthly races). So there are more than enough to support on road and I suspect you would see a good growth just by having a track. If you do not think there is Drag Racing you might want to check out the local web site for northeast Florida. These fellows have all the equipment in their possession to run sanctioned races.

As far as the information not being available at some Hobby SHops I wouldn't know. I did send what I had via Fax AFTER talking with them on the phone to let them know what was in the works. When I talked to Harry (Harry's Hobbies) he had heard nothing. Pretty much the same with Hobby World I'd surmise.

Now you are a perfect example of a person who would sabotage any track just by showing up and opening their mouth. Hopefully there will be enough folks with cooler heads attending the meeting and working something out. The best bet is going to be some kind of compromise or accomadation with the plans that have been drawn up. It's a shame you have had nothing to offer other than some immature name calling. That won't get you very far.

Dave
Old 03-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Drag Racer in Jacksonville

For those interested heres the web site for North Florida Drag Racers (shows a Dunn Ave address for contact info).

http://nfrcdra.com

I've seen some of the "rails" as well as the funny cars. Some serious stuff there.

Dave
Old 03-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The few on-road guys here in Jacksonville do travel to the superior and the state series.Most of the others I've known have disappeared. As for the city everyone in my in the two neighborhoods are waiting for the city to build the passive park similar to what was built at Lonestar.As for this park I hope it gets built. I've only talked with one concil person for about 3 minutes and that was at Terry Parker.Regardless of what I say here I don't have to use disguisted letters for bad language.
As HookaMega won't post his name even thought he has moved .Its about 2 1/2 hours one way to make it back to jacksonville.So if you feel so strongly about the track situation come on up and tell the people at the meeting.
So to all those out there AJay included go to the meeting and hopefully the city will do what it says it will do. There is no need to call names.Work together and get it done.I would ask the city when they plan to have this done.As I've said its the end of March and the simple passive park has not been even touched and they are the ones telling everyone what I said.So if I sound negative I've heard it before and so have you Ajay and anyone else from the old days at First Coast.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes I have heard the same things over and over but this is a whole new year with a whole new group of people and all we want is a offroad track that has been talked about for several years now and yes the city has proposed several different places and has always back out on everthing they have offered to us and to see what we thought was going to be what we have been trying to get turn into a onroad track makes me mad and everyone else that really knows how everthing went down. I just think it is wrong for people to come here and say stuff that is not true about what we did and they was not even around when this all started. my ? was how many racers are there here in jville and you tell me what is the most popular rc racing rt now and be honest????? Thank you just like I thought..

OFF ROAD BABY RULES AJ
Old 03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

pop that was the sound of aj pullin his head out of his you know what. dude you have no clue. the most popular racing in JACKSONVILLE meaning that actually races in JACKSONVILLE meaning at a actual track in JACKSONVILLE is OVAL. consistantly for the past 4 years the track at Hobby World has 25 + racers every week.

you know what the problem with the core off road guys is nothing is ever good enough for you guys. I can name 4 places that have come and gone since I have been down here. Keeton's track/ tracks, first coast, ocala, harry's, Hobby World (never happened booo hooo "it's the wrong dirt" the list goes on and on about things you guys complain about. the track is too soft the track is to hard the track is to small the track is to big. it's never good enough for you guys. you all sit around and play arm chair quaterback. ever stepped back and taken a look at it like this. Maybe the city is sick of dealing with you guys. they have offered several locations, nope not good enough for you guys. Maybe the city see's it as just easier to pave a flat piece of asphalt and be done with it.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DHenk
For those interested heres the web site for North Florida Drag Racers (shows a Dunn Ave address for contact info).

http://nfrcdra.com

I've seen some of the "rails" as well as the funny cars. Some serious stuff there.

Dave
wow drag racing site is pretty cool. sure would be cool to have a weekly event in jacksonville
Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

pop that was the sound of aj pullin his head out of his you know what. dude you have no clue. the most popular racing in JACKSONVILLE meaning that actually races in JACKSONVILLE meaning at a actual track in JACKSONVILLE is OVAL. consistantly for the past 4 years the track at Hobby World has 25 + racers every week.

you know what the problem with the core off road guys is nothing is ever good enough for you guys. I can name 4 places that have come and gone since I have been down here. Keeton's track/ tracks, first coast, ocala, harry's, Hobby World (never happened booo hooo "it's the wrong dirt" the list goes on and on about things you guys complain about. the track is too soft the track is to hard the track is to small the track is to big. it's never good enough for you guys. you all sit around and play arm chair quaterback. ever stepped back and taken a look at it like this. Maybe the city is sick of dealing with you guys. they have offered several locations, nope not good enough for you guys. Maybe the city see's it as just easier to pave a flat piece of asphalt and be done with it.

First Ocala is not Jacksonville, so it does not count. Second Harry's was being used until it was closed in part by thr city. So you can't say it was not good enough. Hobby World??? They did not build a track, so how does it count? I realize 103 was once a dirt track many years ago, but that does not count here and now. I see all your points as nothing. Sorry forgot to comment on Kenton's track, never knew it, must have been before my time, same with First Coast, still 3 of your examples suck, and do not count towards your point.

What all has the city offered us? Really? The northside location was not even owned by the city, they would have to try and buy it, but they gave us 2 locations that and Maxville, we picked Maxville.

I still feel we can have both on-road and off-road tracks in Maxville.

Last edited by JMHZ2401; 03-17-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.