Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

my point about ocala was there was a off road track pretty nice one indoors but the guys complained so muck about things that the owners said see yah.

fyi Hobby world offered there land and even had dirt some brought in. but guess what all they got was flack about the dirt was the wrong kind so they pulled the plug. when harry's first opened i remeber hearing all kinds of talk about it being to small or too rough or too smooth.

and yes the off road crowd was offered a beach blvd location right after the first coast track closed but gues what that wasn't good enough either.

i love how you guys that have only been around for a couple of years come on here and try to tell people who have been around for many years "how it is" and our facts aren't straight.

simple fact nothing Nothing is ever good enough for you guys and i'd be willing to bet that the city saw so many issues with a off road track that the asphalt deal purposed just made sense to them.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
my point about ocala was there was a off road track pretty nice one indoors but the guys complained so muck about things that the owners said see yah.

fyi Hobby world offered there land and even had dirt some brought in. but guess what all they got was flack about the dirt was the wrong kind so they pulled the plug. when harry's first opened i remeber hearing all kinds of talk about it being to small or too rough or too smooth.

and yes the off road crowd was offered a beach blvd location right after the first coast track closed but gues what that wasn't good enough either.

i love how you guys that have only been around for a couple of years come on here and try to tell people who have been around for many years "how it is" and our facts aren't straight.

simple fact nothing Nothing is ever good enough for you guys and i'd be willing to bet that the city saw so many issues with a off road track that the asphalt deal purposed just made sense to them.
you are right about them offering us beach and they didnt go through with because they would have to pay the owner more then they were willing to pay. There were so many different issues as to why they wouldnt do what they said but you dont because you were not around I was. like i said you dont know s$$4. So just shut up. you soubd so stupid to the peoplle that really know the truth. and the indoor track is still there in ocala fyi. pleas hobby world did nothing for offraod so get your info rt b.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if it is so popular at hobby world let that crap stay at hobby world and leave our track along.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ajay
you are right about them offering us beach and they didnt go through with because they would have to pay the owner more then they were willing to pay. There were so many different issues as to why they wouldnt do what they said but you dont because you were not around I was. like i said you dont know s$$4. So just shut up. you soubd so stupid to the peoplle that really know the truth. and the indoor track is still there in ocala fyi. pleas hobby world did nothing for offraod so get your info rt b.

lol once again I was around back then. and yes Ocala is still there, running dirt oval and there offroad is gone.

SO HW did nothing huuuuuuuuummm I must have just imagined them big mounds of dirt that were at the 103rd location.

whatever dude and before you call people stupid you should look at your own posts. lol

You want a onroad track please yall stupid a$$ dont even know how to drive them.lol

by the way all you would probaly be my a$$ if i tried racing any onroad......... lol
that's the pot calling the kettle black call people hacks then admit your one too.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Look AJ I can do this all day. few post back I mentioned the Beach BLVD thing and was told to shut up it never happened. now you verify that it did. you say you have all these facts. Well spell them out for us. wait, don't do that, you and spelling that's a bad combo. let us know all the facts then
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

u guys just starting out in this hobby dont know the half. You want a onroad track please yall stupid a$$ dont even know how to drive them. i have been here racing since it was the first club offroad was started and seems none of yall know what yall are even talking about. I recall being at the meeting as well biilly fraken u a hole thats what you are,you talk so negative about ever thing u old fart shut f up you and your stupid little dog never like you anyway.I was at terry parker and it was offroad talk then and still is. can u even drive your old bolink. nothing but offroad for me the hell with onroad.

Ajay

LMFAO!!!! Huked un fonix werked fer me!!!!!!

Seriously that was one of if not the most unproductive useless posts I have ever read.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

your clown shoes!!!! your paaaaaaaaatheeeeeetic!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
your clown shoes!!!! your paaaaaaaaatheeeeeetic!!!
LOL!! I'm not so sure....this might be better!! LOL!!!

Did anyone think the off possibility that maybe one of the council persons might get on this thread either through a friend or out of their own interest? Maybe part of the pitch to the city was "Yeah, check out the forums hundreds of people posting all the locals gather to share ideas and just talk about the fun weekend"

Then they read.." u newbe's are all ediets so shut eh h3ll up u dont no nuthin"

I can see the council DYING to give away a piece of land for that.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have written Council a few times. I hope I used spell check!!!

I had to miss the meeting this evening, as I had a very important work project to complete. I need funds to play, I guess. I really wanted to be there to hear everyone's opinion, and to express my own. I have created a layout that accommodates both on and off road tracks, although this would create a nightmare for maintenance of the onroad track. I am not convinced that there is a single offroad racer out there that gives a damn about sharing, so I will not post it.

All of us began this hobby with the same enthusiasm to have fun and to be competitive with one another, or at least that is how naive I am. I cannot believe how hateful some have become. I would race on asphalt, dirt, sand, ice, you name it! Do I really want to bring my child into this BS, not really! I guess Soccer and Baseball will prevail.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

So did anyone attend the meeting today? I was planning to but I ended up staying and watching my son's track meet at Bishop Synder High School. Hopefully we (r/c racers: on road, oval, off road, dragsters) were well represented to show City of Jacksonville there is a viable interest for this r/c park. And just because it's located on the westside of Jacksonville, its not alot of yee haws that do r/c racing LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bbunker
I have written Council a few times. I hope I used spell check!!!

I had to miss the meeting this evening, as I had a very important work project to complete. I need funds to play, I guess. I really wanted to be there to hear everyone's opinion, and to express my own. I have created a layout that accommodates both on and off road tracks, although this would create a nightmare for maintenance of the onroad track. I am not convinced that there is a single offroad racer out there that gives a damn about sharing, so I will not post it.

All of us began this hobby with the same enthusiasm to have fun and to be competitive with one another, or at least that is how naive I am. I cannot believe how hateful some have become. I would race on asphalt, dirt, sand, ice, you name it! Do I really want to bring my child into this BS, not really! I guess Soccer and Baseball will prevail.

I really hope the Maxville project works out. If it does not you and your child are always welcome to race oval and touring with us at the 103rd St Hobby World. I have 11 old boy who races and we've had more kids coming out to race with their parents. We have a great group of racers out there and willing to help out.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgen
I really hope the Maxville project works out. If it does not you and your child are always welcome to race oval and touring with us at the 103rd St Hobby World. I have 11 old boy who races and we've had more kids coming out to race with their parents. We have a great group of racers out there and willing to help out.
Will do Thanks. I just wanna bring the DM-One out there and see if i can make it around, that will be fun to watch!! If they will even let me try!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

I am thinking of getting him into oval or touring so that would be great!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgen

ditto I'm going to start my 7 year old son out running oval this summer
Old 03-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

My son has Tony Stewart tendancies so look out!!! He will take your son out and blame it on him!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.