Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I got some real big new for you- the on-road guys which would have be me did not join your group because you we going to have an off-road first and then race on-road in the parking lot-period.
So what did you expect 20 or so off road guys to do? ask for an asphalt track?

Everyone in town was invited to join the local R/C club and have a voice in the matter. This is how we where instructed to operate by the members of the city council in order to facilitate this project. You chose not to join and thats your option. Every since we reunited on this project and formed a club you have done nothing productive towards it. You have a reputation going back many years of pissing off city council members and bitching and complaining about Jacksonville city council issues.

This latest effort to get the city to follow through with this project has nothing to do with issues you may have had years ago in dealing with the city council and R/C tracks. Your disgruntled rhetoric at this point is doing nothing but showing everyone what a Jackass you are. Now it is clear why you have had so many problems in dealing with the city of Jax...

Regardless of what Alan did years ago Harry submitted new plans for an off road track to the city per their request back in the fall. So it is possible that the city made a mistake but not as likely as you may want to think. Do you know for a fact that there has been no influence from people outside the off road club to get asphalt rather than clay? I have a pretty reliable source that says that someone else has been working with the city to get an on road track built in place.

Last edited by HookaMega; 03-13-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XACDesigns
I'm confused...you guys did this 4 years ago and it lay dead in the water since due to lack of demand? Or are you saying you have been waiting for the previous 6 months from now?
A few years back there was an off road track in Jax on city property and it got closed and turned into a park. One of the guys that raced there was working with the city to get another track built on city property. After making some head way on the project and getting it approved, surveyed and some designs drawn up by city engineers the guy was murdered during a robbery.

No one picked it up and followed through with it and it just sat there on the shelf so to speak until last summer. We had a private track going for a couple years and it closed down so we jumped back on this city funded project last summer.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For your information I was at the meeting at Terry Parker High School when Lake Ray told everyone what he was going to do. I have not been in touch with anyone with the city for many years much less talk to them. I was at all the meeting with Alan at Harry's Hobby shop. I was not involved with the lastest project as it was not going to have any on-road except if we raced in the parking lot. As for the city saying an on-road track the way the city works it has been in there plans for quite awhile.Is there a reason you won't put who you are? I've got nothing to hide.I've got news for you if it wasn't for me and Eric G. there never would have been the first r/c park in town.And because of me there was Bob and Gary they got the second one going. Oh yes if it wasn't for me there would not have been a paved Hobbyworld track either.So what have you done for the racing community?I almost forgot all the state races- region races and national races were here because of me.Anyway I'm sure you'll make a bigger Bozo of yourself in the coming posts.The only thing you spent on any of this is the club membership for this track that is never going to be built.It was all Harrys money and time spent to do 99% of the work.

Last edited by BullFrog; 03-13-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We need to get along. Does not matter On or Off... a track is a good thing, so we will get more done, working togther then tossing daggers...
Old 03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think a combination track would be best. Like what is down in Daytona, off-road on one side of the driver stand, on-road on the other. Would be pretty nice to see it big enough to accommodate 1/8th scale on-road though.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, I did not realize all this was going on. I would obviously love to have this large scale on road track, however I would also like to see an off road track as well. I really want to present some of my track layouts at the meeting, does anyone have any input. Thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

lol Hookamega lol

ok are you talking about the same group of off-road guys that ran at thre last city park first coast.

you know those clowns were given another piece of property by the city on beach blvd. but the clowns turned it down.

are these the same off-road guys that have managed to run off 3 off road tracks in the jax area in the past 4 years.

off road clowns have had there chance.

Bill Fraden great post man thanks for the hard work.

and hookeboober Bill is right Alan was a huge oval racer.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Bill.... What have I done for the racing community? I'm part of it! If it were not for the racers you would not have any reason to be breaking your arm to pat yourself on the back because you helped start up some tracks. With out the racers buying products and attending the events you would have no racing community. I am part of a motivated, positive thinking group of people that want to help this sport grow and prosper, I refuse to sit around and belly ache about issues with the local government in years past.

How does what you did several years ago matter now? Ok so you were heavily involved in R/C ventures a few years back... I got that! This is the hear and now and the majority of your input here has been bashing the city officials about what they did or what they might do next. It's obvious that you have a sore spot for them. You should put that behind you and move on.

The premise of my rant is that this project, ( regardless of who started it and when, or who attended meetings 4 years ago or who said what to whom) was just sitting there doing nothing. not one person off road or other gave a shit about it until we formed an organization and restarted this venture. As the new year rolled around and budgets were being considered and the city had this project in front of them again, a group outside of ours with their own agenda decided to take advantage of the situation.

So unless you are working to make this project happen, whether it be for the organization that re-kindled this venture or for the few that are trying to run away with it you should close your hole for now and go find something more productive to do with your time.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BullFrog
For your information I was at the meeting at Terry Parker High School when Lake Ray told everyone what he was going to do. I have not been in touch with anyone with the city for many years much less talk to them. I was at all the meeting with Alan at Harry's Hobby shop. I was not involved with the lastest project as it was not going to have any on-road except if we raced in the parking lot. As for the city saying an on-road track the way the city works it has been in there plans for quite awhile.Is there a reason you won't put who you are? I've got nothing to hide.I've got news for you if it wasn't for me and Eric G. there never would have been the first r/c park in town.And because of me there was Bob and Gary they got the second one going. Oh yes if it wasn't for me there would not have been a paved Hobbyworld track either.So what have you done for the racing community?I almost forgot all the state races- region races and national races were here because of me.Anyway I'm sure you'll make a bigger Bozo of yourself in the coming posts.The only thing you spent on any of this is the club membership for this track that is never going to be built.It was all Harrys money and time spent to do 99% of the work.

Full of yourself aren't you. I do think you need to be a little more up on some facts before stating a few things. You do not have all your facts straight. Truly none of that matters. We should all work together. No reason we can't have space for all. Who cares if it is in a parking lot, or half the size.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Come on guys, City of Jacksonville is back on track on building, supporting and providing a r/c park. The First Coast track was taken away from us and now we (r/c racers) have an oppourtunity to have another one built. It don't matter if its off-road, on road, or oval, heck even helo and airplanes LOL...This land is being provided for us, so we can play with our toy cars. We all must be together on this and move on to show the city that its a viable park at tax payers expense.

So if you live locally, Jacksonville, Orange Park, Middleburg, Fernandina, heck I'll even include the towns in GA, its close even, go to the meeting, listen what has to be presented and voice your opinion.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know that I don't live in your area or have a dog in this hunt, but, after reading all of this, all I can say is WOW!!! All of you guys should be glad that the city is even considering building something for you. Most municipalities in most areas I have been in and currently live (Dallas/Fort Worth), will not even touch a track proposal of any kind. They are so afraid of liability issues if someone get seriously hurt (someone suing the city). If you guys were smart, the off-road and on-road guys should work together and re-propose the idea as a dual track and see what the city council tells you. Sniping like this will only work against you and if you are not careful, both sides will lose out on a perfect opportunity because of your end-fighting.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgen
We all must be together on this and move on to show the city that its a viable park at tax payers expense.
We tried that already... every body was invited to join in and form one large club. On road, off road it did not matter. We figured the bigger the group the better are chances that we all get what we want. Not one person can say we did not try to include every one as we sent flyer's to every hobby shop in town.

BUT as you can tell from the initial post on this thread that there is no mention of an off road track in that guys plan. The ones that where not interested last summer have no issues with blowing all the available money for this project on what they want.... That is the basis of my rant here.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bbunker
Man, I did not realize all this was going on. I would obviously love to have this large scale on road track, however I would also like to see an off road track as well. I really want to present some of my track layouts at the meeting, does anyone have any input. Thanks
Originally Posted by davepull
lol Hookamega lol

ok are you talking about the same group of off-road guys that ran at thre last city park first coast.

you know those clowns were given another piece of property by the city on beach blvd. but the clowns turned it down.

are these the same off-road guys that have managed to run off 3 off road tracks in the jax area in the past 4 years.

off road clowns have had there chance.

Bill Fraden great post man thanks for the hard work.

and hookeboober Bill is right Alan was a huge oval racer.
Dude... Where did you get your info from? And Bill Fraden you Too? I know you "Bill" you have been around for a long time, And I started racing at the lone star offroad track when Charlie Brown started it back up. I also was vp of the club at one time and was involved in trying to get an offroad track back. And for you Bill, Alan was for Offroad and Onroad, he had plans on offroad and onroad with a driver stand in the middle similiar to Daytona. There are alot of people on here that don't know the FACTS.

James Hooper
Old 03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HookaMega
This is a dirty deal on your part (Hobby Oasis) and don't be surprised if their is not some off road racers at that meeting on the 17th to remind the city that that we started this project and that they need to lay some clay before they do any asphalt other than a parking lot.

Hi,
I'm not sure how you figure this is a dirty deal on the part of Hobby Oasis. Let me explain a few things and then maybe you'd like to rephrase what you wrote.
I AM the owner of Hobby Oasis (I borrowed a friends account to reply to what I heard was posted). First I do not currently sell ANY cars or trucks nor have been involved in any racing activities ever. I at one time sold entry level cars and trucks period. I am not affiliated with ANY group nor associated with any group. I MERELY passed along information as it came to me. I have no axe to grind nor anything to gain as I'm the furthest store from the shop. Hobby World by proximity stands to gain more.
I do remember the old LONE STAR track. I also remember that the track was lost because folks wanted to run races Sundays while next door to a church. I had also heard that it was requested by the city that the races go back to Saturdays. When that didn't happen there was a further offer to move the track to the Northside landfill (where I happen to fly my planes as I do not drive RC vehicles). This I heard was turned down because the group wanted space on the southside. It was only after all this posturing by the club that the city finally closed the track. I DID in fact see the petition that was brought into my shop to sign. I DID NOT sign it as it was pointless. You were outnumbered and overmatched by the church and too stubborn to concede your Sunday racing. I said then that the track would be lost but the attitude was "we were there first" and "it's not going to happen". Well it did!
Now if you intend to attend the meeting with the attitude I'm feeling in your post, you will clearly demonstrate exactly why someone would NOT want to deal with your group. Try to take some kind of positive approach.

Now what seems to have happened is that two groups (one dirt & one paved) were working separately to get tracks built. It was the city that decided on the Maxville Park area. I have received ALL my info on this proposed facilty over the last several years from customers. A copy (small version) of plans were dropped off with a request for me to pass along the info. I did this by calling Harry's Hobbies, Hobby World, and HobbyTown and faxing what I had to them to pass on to their customers.

We have TWO model flying fields on city property because folks sat down and worked it out to everyone's mutual satisfaction. If you really wanted a dirt track you could likely still work something out on the northwest corner of the New Berlin Road Landfill. Take a look at www.jaxrc.com to see what has been built on the southeast side. Bottom line is don't whine just work it out.

Meanwhile I'm going to get my planes ready to fly because that's my expertise and my interest NOT cars. Can we say shoot the messenger? You managed that quite nicely thank you.

Regards,

Dave
Old 03-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well said Dave. Thanks for the info you have provided.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.