The Drift Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

the movie should be typical FF. maybe get more people rc drifting at least. we did a demo at the Herbie movie screening and people loved it. we were carpet drifting. hey nothing wrong with mainstream. just ask all the guys that are sponsored how good it is just to not have to buy 8+ tires for a day of drifting.

my 240 car had a lot of bolt in reinforcements just short of a cage. i don't like the safety issues on the street w/ a cage or even roll bar like my other car had. try cracking your helmet on your rollbar @ about 50mph AFTER braking/sliding sideways. ruins a $400 helmet fast.

hachis are weak structurally and always need reinforcements. the first thing is to get a new bolt in seat belt and make new anchor points. etc.. etc. don't ask my what kind of car i have sitting at a friends house. i know the hachis too. i think i barely got more rc cars set for drift/rally than real cars and i got 6 rc drift/rally cars.

Projekt: i passed on the BV stuff and went w/ c-tune stuff. never an issue. the suspension tech sway bars are good and affordable but just be ready to last minute find a spacer because my set was missing one.

b
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

thats good

the trinity p2k6 is a brushed motor

dont really have to worry though as its for drifting

you can do rebuilds like 2 to 3 runs later compared to actually grip racing

the esc would be a novak of any choice as long as you have money for what you want and make sure the esc can handle the motor
Old 05-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

me and my 2 friends just finished cutting the hatch off a free shell we got form another friend. we now have a cut back 240 or a 240camino

i will look into the trinity motors in a few weeks after i get used to the car.(i have a traxxas electric rustler right now and it should eb quite different)
Old 05-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol

hope all goes well with the tc4
Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

why the smiley thing?

is the tc4 a good idea or should i look at somethign else?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

huh

o no

i really ment it coz since your new i hope that you become good

thats good thing isnt
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by anthony390
huh

o no

i really ment it coz since your new i hope that you become good

thats good thing isnt
ok i was just making sure....once i get it ill take it for a few break in sessions and get some video
Old 05-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

no worries
Old 05-10-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Projekt
me and my 2 friends just finished cutting the hatch off a free shell we got form another friend. we now have a cut back 240 or a 240camino

i will look into the trinity motors in a few weeks after i get used to the car.(i have a traxxas electric rustler right now and it should eb quite different)
YAY YAY! im not the only stupid person to buy one of those...
Old 05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah, that's cool that those famous Japanese drifters come out to rc drift with you guys - and even drift with you guys in your 1:1!!!! AWESOME! Too bad your 1:1 drift track closed down. Lack of interested spectators or not enough interested drivers?

You must be pretty good at rc drifting if they've moved you to permanently judge.

Good luck with your Tokyo Drift event. You guys should PM airborneranger and see if he can get you in contact with Yokomo and get sponsored. Or PM that guy from Touge Knights who seems to have hookups with HPI.

Originally Posted by bdrift
yeah. our only track closed (on oahu) so now there is no drifting.......well. you know what i mean. anyways, that event you listed was fun. one of my cars is the pink evo. i let kawasaki drive it during the comps because his motor froze up. eric and i were the judges. i have been moved to judge alll the events nowadays, but couldn't resist competing at the maui even where i won both comps. hopefully we'll get a guest judge at the car show in august so i can compete again.

it is awesome when we get peeps from japan visit like ken maeda and bomber. bomber even came to autoX the next day and rode with me and put my real car in option2. i think april 06? issue in the hawaii blurb.

we are supposed to also be doing a demo at a mid size mall for 3 fast 3 furious tokyo drift later on. that should be fun. they said we can make the event as big as we want within reason. any sponsor wanna sponsor me and i'll run the car? we don't get the hookups like the GD'ers. or if any sponsors want to donate prizes for it, please contact drift session (dave shimokawa) as he is organizing it.

real drifting is fun. but with no track i am selling my drift car. 240 w/ sr, power fc, V-mount intercooler setup, 550 injectors, turbo(up in the air), quaife lsd, spot welded, full, full suspension and more crap than my rc cars.

b
Old 05-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

hey everybody...
i just got a Tamiya TA05, its still not completely built, missing electronics and motor.... but will this car make a good drifting car? or should i just stick to racing... i kinda want to stick to both because drifting will be more of a hobby since i dont think there are any drifters out here in Miami.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, the real track closed because of land issues that were put off for as long as possible and of course your everyday corruptness of the people involved and lack of info on the state side.

i became a judge not just because of winning a lot of comps but mostly experience. plus it is good to have the same judge so people get consistent feedback and scoring. (assuming i know what i am looking for and judging on)

sponsorships would be nice. we have local shops giving us some stuff for the comps and streetcar showoff events.

andresmirt: ta05 sounds nice. just make sure you use your spare lexan pieces to shield your pulleys from rocks jamming them is they are not already protected. also, isn't projekt from FL?

b
Old 05-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

yea i am but from tampa...miami would be a 3-4 hour drive depending on where
Old 05-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

whats a good set for a ta-05???and how can you cover the belt with the spare lexan???
Old 05-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

WHEW: 19 entrants into last nights RC Drift round 1.

results are posted in rcdori > hawaii forum.

i finally remembered to bring my vid cam....but i forgot to get it out as i was signing everyone up, so i got footage after the comp but many people left at that point. doh!

highest qualifying score was a 95/100 and that was a very good flawless run, but he wasn't close enough to the clipping points and the angles just weren't perfect. (yes, i am a hard azz judge) btw: we opt for technical tracks rather than big tracks.

i'm trying to make another website to load all this crap up. b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.