Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree488Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Toby- just use Rods set up. So what that's a different car. Tamiya cars all handle very similar. When I went to Japan. My car was really good right from the beginning. I used Tamiya whites up front and yellows in the rear. Medium sway bar up front and light sway bar in rear. 40wt all around. Use the same set of tires for all the entire race. Find some old B2's without sauce and dial your car in
Old 10-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Dang. You guys a making this car sound like it's a wet noodle with wheels on it going around the track. I haven't gotten mine out of the box yet, but it cant possibly be that flexable. But even if you are convince it is, there are parts out there to stiffen it up.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Dang. You guys a making this car sound like it's a wet noodle with wheels on it going around the track. I haven't gotten mine out of the box yet, but it cant possibly be that flexable. But even if you are convince it is, there are parts out there to stiffen it up.
the car is good from the box. Depends on how yow set it up.
run mine in 17.5 on asphalt over the summer and was awesome and
on black carpet USGT to die for!
Old 10-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What I see about the TA07 after running it is that everyone that talks about weight and it being heavy is over doing it. After my run this weekend I smoked guys with 419X's and other carbon chassis vehicles, the TA07 is very easy to drive. What i would say to someone that is going to buy this car is to just run it then add options.

Yes you will have to lighten the car but don't over think it, add the current options and learn the car and how to set it up for your driving skill.

The big plus for this car is the ease of driving very smooth and just fun and I love the single belt, check out TOP's new car looks like the same drive train with the single belt.

Add the 419 carbon arms and 4 deg C hubs and spool.

What I would like to see is the chassis stiffener like from Active Hobby to sweet go mine on order. As for TCS it's perfect replacement for the TA05 what a great car.

Guys just drive it then find out what your needs are for this car, Thanks Tamiya!
Old 10-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Toby- just use Rods set up. So what that's a different car. Tamiya cars all handle very similar. When I went to Japan. My car was really good right from the beginning. I used Tamiya whites up front and yellows in the rear. Medium sway bar up front and light sway bar in rear. 40wt all around. Use the same set of tires for all the entire race. Find some old B2's without sauce and dial your car in
That's the set up I went back to this weekend. It's also the exact same setup I ran on my TA05v2 (which is a peach to drive). It's back to good again now but still needs work to be great.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Yes it does have flex, but I don't see that as a bad thing on anything but the highest of grip situations.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gijoe64
What I see about the TA07 after running it is that everyone that talks about weight and it being heavy is over doing it. After my run this weekend I smoked guys with 419X's and other carbon chassis vehicles, the TA07 is very easy to drive. What i would say to someone that is going to buy this car is to just run it then add options.

Yes you will have to lighten the car but don't over think it, add the current options and learn the car and how to set it up for your driving skill.

The big plus for this car is the ease of driving very smooth and just fun and I love the single belt, check out TOP's new car looks like the same drive train with the single belt.

Add the 419 carbon arms and 4 deg C hubs and spool.

What I would like to see is the chassis stiffener like from Active Hobby to sweet go mine on order. As for TCS it's perfect replacement for the TA05 what a great car.

Guys just drive it then find out what your needs are for this car, Thanks Tamiya!
You speak a lot of sense there Sir.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

What I see about the TA07 after running it is that everyone that talks about weight and it being heavy is over doing it. After my run this weekend I smoked guys with 419X's and other carbon chassis vehicles, the TA07 is very easy to drive.
Mrs. Raymon,

Would you please kindly tell me your best set up so I can smoke Wendra with his 419X.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What I see about the TA07 after running it is that everyone that talks about weight and it being heavy is over doing it. After my run this weekend I smoked guys with 419X's and other carbon chassis vehicles, the TA07 is very easy to drive.
I think its just the driver....

too Fast Ray... too Fast....
Old 10-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unwritten
I think its just the driver....

too Fast Ray... too Fast....

I think he uses set up from his drone
Old 10-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The car forgives for sure, I also felt very comfortable driving it, and was able to finish ahead of many top-end chassis. Actually, I was slower than a friend who has 419x, but with TA07, we were exactly on the same pace last week. TA07 definitely worked for me so far.

But it is 80% driver, and 20% car I believe..
Old 10-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Karatayk
The car forgives for sure, I also felt very comfortable driving it, and was able to finish ahead of many top-end chassis. Actually, I was slower than a friend who has 419x, but with TA07, we were exactly on the same pace last week. TA07 definitely worked for me so far.

But it is 80% driver, and 20% car I believe..
It's my favorite tamiya tub chassis. The TA 07 fits my driving style. Using tamiya B3 tires the TA 07 is more stable than my 419 (This is with my set up). I like the motor sitting in the middle.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Are any of you guys running USGT with this chassis with the Gravity Ride tires?
Old 10-20-2016, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
Are any of you guys running USGT with this chassis with the Gravity Ride tires?
I tried that a few weeks ago, but I feel it is just too heavy without loading up on option parts. I decided to switch it to a VTA car with pretty good results so far.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:36 AM
Tech Adept

Those of you who have switched to TRF418/9 suspension parts: have you noticed an improvement in lap times or is it a psychological thing? I've got the parts, just not sure whether to put them on my 07 or whether they'd be better spent upgrading my TB04 Pro to Pro 2/R spec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.