Like Tree488Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:59 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PIIHB!
The car should be pretty good for that with the kit settings. I'd keep the motor all the way back and either run a spool or gear diff with 500k+ oil
Thank you!
Old 10-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

As promised, below is my setup that i used for the amazing race.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Currently practicing for Tamiya Worlds with TA07 at TQ rc. So far the car feels pretty good. Without using tire sauce, tire pick up is a huge issue. I think heat from tire spin melts the rubble on the carpet and makes them stick.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Is there a part number for the motor plate with the cutouts that is pictured on the first page of the manual and in some pics floating around? Or are we going to have to wait on that part?
Old 10-16-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Addicted: Interesting setup! I think your carpet has much more grip than what I drive on.

Toby: Are those the spec tires? If they are, they do like a cooler heat range. Are there any carpet on concrete tracks nearby?
Old 10-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vapourtrail
Addicted: Interesting setup! I think your carpet has much more grip than what I drive on.

Toby: Are those the spec tires? If they are, they do like a cooler heat range. Are there any carpet on concrete tracks nearby?
Those are the Type C tire we will be using for the Worlds. The tire will have no pick up if I use sauce but japan rule does not allow sauce. The carpet in Japan is not RC specific and also has very low grip. I'm switching to Tamiya vinyl tires to simulate the low traction condition.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Man I wish there was a parking lot track near me so I could pick up one of these. As flexible as it seems I'm Leary to buy one for the black carpet
Old 10-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm... very challenging.... i saw the spec 2400mah nimh batts too. The blue worlds carpet looks very slow. Almost as if it's residential carpet. High rolling resistance too.

If you're open to a suggestion: consider rubbing dry graphite on the outer edges of the tire. Maybe the contact patch can be reduced while also reducing rolling resistance and heat. Shot in the dark...
Old 10-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Public service announcement, if you are planning on getting the carbon rear tower, keep two of part A8.

Anyone happen to have two of part A8 they would be willing to part with? I threw mine out and didn't realize it's needed for the carbon rear tower.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Toby, just sauce the tires. Build up will occur when the track is dirty or if no sauce is used. I know that's not what you want to hear but if you want to practice for more than two minutes without using half a can of cleaner to get the gunk off, that's what you may have to resort to.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rtypec
Toby, just sauce the tires. Build up will occur when the track is dirty or if no sauce is used. I know that's not what you want to hear but if you want to practice for more than two minutes without using half a can of cleaner to get the gunk off, that's what you may have to resort to.
Thanks for the advice. I found I can use sauced tamiya vinyl tires and have low enough traction to simulate Japan somewhat. There is still pickup that way but not as bad. Right now I'm trying to do anything to make the car drive like a steaming pile actually to make sure I can hang onto a twitchy car.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Perhaps you need to use a balldiff instead of a geardiff.
When I won the worlds in 2002 (F201), the car became competitive after I grinded the tyres on a tyre truer. I would give it a try!
Old 10-17-2016, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Those are the Type C tire we will be using for the Worlds. The tire will have no pick up if I use sauce but japan rule does not allow sauce. The carpet in Japan is not RC specific and also has very low grip. I'm switching to Tamiya vinyl tires to simulate the low traction condition.
Toby, will they not allow you to clean the tires at all? There HAS to be something you can do to minimize all the clag pickup...
Old 10-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just redo the rear body mount holes. I forgot those parts too! I put the tower on and was like what the heck!?!

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Public service announcement, if you are planning on getting the carbon rear tower, keep two of part A8.

Anyone happen to have two of part A8 they would be willing to part with? I threw mine out and didn't realize it's needed for the carbon rear tower.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Decided to try the car in VTA this past Friday because I feel it is just to heavy without a bunch of option parts to run it in USGT. I ended up trying a bunch of different spring combinations throughout the night and the car was actually working pretty good by the end of the A-main. My fastest laps increased about .2 seconds in each round and the fastest drivers cars best laps were a mere .1 seconds faster than mine in the main. I was running the settings as per the manual with the following differences. I ran 50 wt. oil in the rear diff and 30,000 oil in the front diff. I ended up running the xtra stiff white Tamiya spring in the front with 40 wt. oil and the kit white spring with 30 wt. oil in the rear. I will say that it can be hard to tell if you are lifting a wheel because the springs are too soft or if it is due to the chassis flex or a combination of both, but I was fairly happy with my first time racing this car on what I would call medium bite gray ozite carpet. I know there is more left in the car because the motor I was using was not the best and it still needs a few minor tweaks to the chassis settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.