Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by doriftu
dude, on those gears make sure that they are the same pitch so that they will mesh properly. to be sure, ensure they are for TT01.

well if u got extra cash, splash on a nice set of rims... u can go bling! hehe...

which BMW body u using? the newest one? E90? im looking for a E30 (the squarish 3 series) if u know which beemer im referring to...

oh u can get the steering linkages too... aluminum. or the CF upper deck... the list goes on as long as u have a deep pocket...

happy sliding sideways!!!
yep it's E30.. schnitzer bmw m3 sport evo

I love it! I miss my car and this brings back memories... plus never got to drift in my car and now I can!!!

hmm I'll get rims, but probably nothing fancy . I was thinking these orange rims... lol do you think they'll match the orange stripe on my car?

here it is attached but without the side mirrors on yet
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-tt-01-.jpg  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by battlecat
yep it's E30.. schnitzer bmw m3 sport evo

I love it! I miss my car and this brings back memories... plus never got to drift in my car and now I can!!!

hmm I'll get rims, but probably nothing fancy . I was thinking these orange rims... lol do you think they'll match the orange stripe on my car?

here it is attached but without the side mirrors on yet
darnnnn... u really got that E30!! yea same here, that car is nostalgic to me too! is the shell pre-painted? if not, those stripes are stickers right? i am trying to ask my LHS whether do they still carry this e30.

well orange rims?? errmmm... im more conventional. perhaps will stick to white, silver rims... orange seems to bright...
Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

darnnnn... u really got that E30!! yea same here, that car is nostalgic to me too! is the shell pre-painted? if not, those stripes are stickers right? i am trying to ask my LHS whether do they still carry this e30.

well orange rims?? errmmm... im more conventional. perhaps will stick to white, silver rims... orange seems to bright...
ohhhhhh yeah

not pre-painted, I had to paint the inside body white, the side mirror red, and the grill painted black, but the rest are stickers

I got this one on ebay from stellamodels...

yes I guess orange is kind of weird.. but when they're on people will KNOW I'm gonna be driftin'! lol errrrr... naw, white are perfect.

PS: URGENT!!
Just ordered a charger and 4200mah batt from Tower but forgot to add rims!! Hope I can add them to my order!! Can someone tell me what size rims (specs) exactlyI need? Is it variable? I'm putting the Sushi Drifts on these rims and the Sushi's are:

27+mm wide (extra width to protect rims)
52mm inner diameter

So.. I think I can get these rims from HPI?... they are 52mm diameter, 26mm wide. will they fit though on Tamiya?? how flexible are sushis ABS also...

thx!

Last edited by battlecat; 08-09-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Too late!! Tower already processed my order

What are some nice rims though... any suggestions?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

HI you guys. i was just wondering if there's anyway to push the width out frm 185mm (as stated on tamiya's website) to 200mm? Would TG10 lower/upper arms and universals fit? If so, frm which TG10?

And besides batt n motor location, wads the real diff btwn a TT01 and TB02 anyway?

Thanks y'all.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys, am also trying to widen my tt01.

I know the enzo had longer shafts for the rear than the traditional tt01. Where can i get them? Do you guys know the part number?

*They are longer and you could use the thicker hex hubs that came with the kit which makes the rear track wider.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow no one answers questions here...

Battlecat: I HPI has some good rims. But I am actually looking at some tamiya and proline rims right now. Basically, I look for price, but these are decent looking rims for a good price.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEN9&P=0

But your LHS should have some rims. You want 26mm rims, they're the standard touring car rims, and basically anything 1/10 and touring will fit.

Tomoyuki: You are going to want some offset rims like these

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXPFC1&P=

See how they say offset? That is the length wider it'll make your car on either side. Although, you might be better off with 6mm offsets, but the rims might stick out of the body a bit.

I don't know about those universal upper arms though, sorry

mailboxck: I didn't actually hear about that... I am surprised that they didn't just give you offsets. Maybe it's a thicker hex drive, but the shaft should have enough threading to let you have a thicker hex drive already. Again, look for those offset rims.

Hope I helped out, I don't like how this forum is so hard to get questions answered as people overlook topics.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

battlecat, yokomo and speedway pal make great looking rims...

all rims are standard sizes. only rims offsets are different. tires will be able to fit into rims.. if they are too fit, u can soak them in warm/hot water to expand them b4 inserting into the rim...
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

No, offset rims should take the normal tires. It's just that the hex drive is set closer to the outside of the rim so overall the stance is wider.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Wow no one answers questions here...

Battlecat: I HPI has some good rims. But I am actually looking at some tamiya and proline rims right now. Basically, I look for price, but these are decent looking rims for a good price.

But your LHS should have some rims. You want 26mm rims, they're the standard touring car rims, and basically anything 1/10 and touring will fit.

Tomoyuki: You are going to want some offset rims like these

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXPFC1&P=

See how they say offset? That is the length wider it'll make your car on either side. Although, you might be better off with 6mm offsets, but the rims might stick out of the body a bit.

I don't know about those universal upper arms though, sorry

mailboxck: I didn't actually hear about that... I am surprised that they didn't just give you offsets. Maybe it's a thicker hex drive, but the shaft should have enough threading to let you have a thicker hex drive already. Again, look for those offset rims.

Hope I helped out, I don't like how this forum is so hard to get questions answered as people overlook topics.
Hey mooshu, I've said this before but I appreciate your dedication to answering questions and I'm sure most people do... shows you care about the hobby... yeah that probably sounded corny but oh well

btw where do you get this knowledge from? I'm at work so can't surf the forums too much.. half the time I don't know what people are talking about (btw that thread in the Rookie section on batteries where you told me info was really good, maybe I'll repost it under a different heading)

those rims look nice... I also phoned my LHS and they have multiple rims for the TT-01 so...

mooshu I was looking at a YouTube video (can't access it now cause of work) of a stock TT-01 drifting and it was going fast in the straight aways then doing nice fast drifts... that's what I want to do.. sometimes I see videos of guys just drifting in circles not fast and that seems boring.. so my question is... with ABS tires (sushi) do you think I can still go fast and drift?... I'll find out in 9 days though when I'm back home from work

battlecat, yokomo and speedway pal make great looking rims...

all rims are standard sizes. only rims offsets are different. tires will be able to fit into rims.. if they are too fit, u can soak them in warm/hot water to expand them b4 inserting into the rim...
cool thanks for the tips... we'll see what my LHS has!

one more question.. does anyone know of a place to buy just the body of a TT-01? I'm looking for an NSX body
Old 08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Haha Battlecat, it's my pleasure. As I've said before I do a lot of reading, and I intelectualize most of the info I read, so it makes sense to me. Just the physics of cars and their smaller counterparts seem to click with me.

ABS can go as fast too, but you need to start slowly. You can't just pull the throttle and expect it to catch the ground and speed off. But with the weight of these cars the ABS does have decent traction on lower RPM's, it's just when the momentum of the car that will make it loose traction. Trust me, when you get those tires on you'll understand. And again, it's all about practice. I'd advise you start with that power over technique I described in the other thread.

Another note too: Try to remember what you're doing with the throttle to adjust your angle. For example, if you think "Well, I think that I can adjust my angle by the steering wheel during the turn." Go and practice that turn a few times and seeing how well the steering affects your angle, and it if affects how you want it. If it works perfectly, then great (not likely). If it doesn't work, try something else.

The key is to find your own style, and what you're comfortable with. It's all about practice. I have found out my style is very throttle controlled, and not so much steering. Also, I find that it's better to ease the steering slowly and just gas the car to get the back to spin around the turn than trying to do it with the steering. The only time I use fast steering moves is if I am doing a hairpin turn.

Those kids who drift in circles are happy with that. The fact that their car is sideways makes them happy. But notice, they're all in parking lots, no? You should get two jump ropes and make your own turn with invisible walls. I find that it is less damage to your car than real walls () and you can shape the turn any way you want.

Don't worry so much about not knowing much. It will all come with time and practice.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Phew that's a relief. can't wait to get home to try them out!

I'll be sure to give them a thourough review! (the sushi's, the 3600, 4200 mah batts too [lifetime])

what's your exact setup again?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Tomoyuki,

I don't know how wide u can get the TT01, but I like to run +3 or +4 offsets on mine. It seems to add a bid of stability, and fills out the wheel wells nicely. That should make the width around 193mm if it is 185 to start with. If the 190mm body fits normally on a 185mm chassis, that's only 5mm difference, so with the +4 offsets, u would get a difference of only 7mm with a 200mm body. Just a thought. Tamiya makes +4 offset wheels, and I find all kinds of +3 from HPI too. Hope that helps.

Battlecat,

I think I've seen that Raybrig body for sale at Tower hobbies. If I remember right u can get it painted for around $50 or as a body set for under $30. Good luck.

Does anyone know where to order aluminum shocks from? I see the TRF shocks for sale, but they cost $79 bucks + s/h. Holy snikees, the whole car kit can be had for $79 plus s/h. For that much dosh, those shocks better make the car handle a lot better; like make it go faster, avoid curbs, clean up and put itself away after I'm done with it.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

IT's not really a drifting setup, since I just make do with what I have.

Right Now I am using a 21:61 gearing, which now you know about
-BB's
-Aluminum Driveshaft
-custom turnbuckles that are sturdier than the worn down ones I got (I got my chassis used)
-I put some heavy duty grease in the rear and front diffs, but more in the back. I am going to lock the diff in the back (basically all it should take is some small pieces of paper put between the bevel gears) and that will be easy to take out later.
- Stock ESC with Cobalt 27T pro stock motor (wonderful motor, btw)
-And I use a spray motor cleaner that cleans the can and commutator of dust and buildup. I also use Trinity bushing oil, but I hear that any light oil will do. I just like the needle like applicator tip

Everything else is stock. Like I said, it's more about practice. This chassis is very well balanced and very beginner friendly in my opinion. My next mods will be (in order of most importance)

1. Upper adjustable arms
2. better ESC/motor (Maybe)
(eventually) oil dampers
Right now, that's what I am looking for. I want to be able to play with Toe and camber with my car. Just for a little Info, Toe is how your wheels angle on a horizontal axis. Toe out in the front will make the wheels look like they're angling out a bit, and toe in in the front is the opposite. Toe out in the back however, will make the tires look like they're pointing out from a front view. Toe in in the back will make them seem like they're pointing outward.

Camber is how the tires meet the ground on a vertical axis. You've probably seen cars where the tires look like this (front view)

/ \

and they're leaning in. That is negative camber, I believe. Positive is just the opposite.

These adjustments alters how the car handles. The only problem with adjusting these is that with a bad setup, you could have excessive tire wear and just bad handling... but that's where the experiments come in, no?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by swannco
Tomoyuki,

Battlecat,

I think I've seen that Raybrig body for sale at Tower hobbies. If I remember right u can get it painted for around $50 or as a body set for under $30. Good luck.

Does anyone know where to order aluminum shocks from? I see the TRF shocks for sale, but they cost $79 bucks + s/h. Holy snikees, the whole car kit can be had for $79 plus s/h. For that much dosh, those shocks better make the car handle a lot better; like make it go faster, avoid curbs, clean up and put itself away after I'm done with it.
hey thanks! I found it there but not gonna get it... I'm gonna put some use into my body.. err that sounded weird

sorry don't know where to buy TRF shocks, but $79 does sound like alot... lol very wishful features

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
IT's not really a drifting setup, since I just make do with what I have.

Right Now I am using a 21:61 gearing, which now you know about
-BB's
-Aluminum Driveshaft
-custom turnbuckles that are sturdier than the worn down ones I got (I got my chassis used)
-I put some heavy duty grease in the rear and front diffs, but more in the back. I am going to lock the diff in the back (basically all it should take is some small pieces of paper put between the bevel gears) and that will be easy to take out later.
so, how are you finding the 21:61 gearing? seems like too much accel for me and not enough speed. what kind of tracks are you driving on?

are the benefits of an aluminum driveshaft: rotates better, stronger for bigger engine?

what/where are the turnbuckles??

heavy duty grease? I'm thinking of getting Tamiya Ceramic Grease... know of it anyone? someone recommended it in this thread I believe.

ok so.. our TT-01's are 4-wheel drive right because they have 2 differentials? I'm still trying to learn this... reading about diffs @ howstuffworks

you're locking the rear differential so that the back slides out when you drift? or am I wrong.. and what is a bevel gear?

one more question sry, do you need to glue/cement your tires? what's the purpose? I can't see them falling off... but maybe..

won't worry about toe/camber at ALL right now

Last edited by battlecat; 08-12-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.