Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for your replies. Yep, the enzo has longer shafts in the rear and a wider hex hubs. You can find the hex hubs with any ordinary tt01 kit. It's the one you don't use. Basically, i got a 200mm hpi gt40 body and trying to mount it on a tt01 for my boss coz he's got the same car only in 1:1 scale

http://youtube.com/watch?v=01scgwRcGyk
Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so, how are you finding the 21:61 gearing? seems like too much accel for me and not enough speed. what kind of tracks are you driving on?
Well I'd like to gear it up a bit, but I don't like how Tower doesn't stock the other Spur gears. But it goes a clocked 21mph. Torque is very good, and acceleration, and 20mph is still rather fast, btw.

I am still driveway racing and drifting. In my area, there aren't many on road tracks. I wish there were though... well not that I have time for racing anyways

are the benefits of an aluminum driveshaft: rotates better, stronger for bigger engine?
The flaw with the plastic one that wouldn't be a problem with a stock motor. However, with anything faster or with more torque, the driveshaft actually expands, and balloons--looking like a plucked guitar string. Plastic also is not entirely rigid.

Aluminum will now balloon and is more rigid than aluminum. If you take your driveshaft off, holding both ends of the driveshaft you can twist it so it starts to twirl. Haha, just try that with aluminum...

I'd prefer a carbon fiber driveshaft though. It's even lighter and more rigid, but would be more expensive. I might try to make one myself, since the aluminum shaft is just a rod with pins on either end. A Carbon fiber rod can easily be obtained, and cutting it would be easy. Just getting the pin in, however... that would be the tough part

what/where are the turnbuckles??
Turnbuckles are the part that actually connect to the knuckle (thing the tires are on) and turns it. Your should be adjustable, since the middle part of the shaft are threaded. The ones I got, the person cut the plastic a bit too much and the threads were not going in straight, and it was just worn overall. I solved this by going to a LHS and finding some "Great Planes" Nylon ball link sockets. I tried a few on until one would fit fine on the ball where the socket goes on to, and took some 2-56 threaded rod, cut it to a certain size and put the other ball on.

Basically, I just made another turnbuckle that I'd have to take off the balls to adjust, but these are much sturdier than the ones I had previously. Plus, when I take them off I can make sure they're the exact same size.

heavy duty grease? I'm thinking of getting Tamiya Ceramic Grease... know of it anyone? someone recommended it in this thread I believe.
Tamiya ceramic grease is for the external part of the gears I believe. They have specific grease that is called "heavy duty diff grease"

ok so.. our TT-01's are 4-wheel drive right because they have 2 differentials? I'm still trying to learn this... reading about diffs @ howstuffworks
Right, the TT-01 has a driveshaft, which is almost a giveaway for 4wd. The easiest way to figure out if it is 4wd or not is to pick it up and pull the throttle .

The two differentials allow the right wheels to turn independent from the left, and vice versa. In a turn, the outside wheel turns more and the inside less. But you probably read about this already.

you're locking the rear differential so that the back slides out when you drift? or am I wrong.. and what is a bevel gear?
Locking the rear just makes for different handling characteristics. In smaller scale RC cars it makes the drift longer and doesn't catch back traction for a while, which can be good and bad. I am yet to see how it does on this scale, and I am rather excited to see...

Again, if you have any more questions feel free to post. I'd rather you know everything you need so your tuning makes sense to you.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I'd like to gear it up a bit, but I don't like how Tower doesn't stock the other Spur gears. But it goes a clocked 21mph. Torque is very good, and acceleration, and 20mph is still rather fast, btw.
wow you clocked it? do you have a radar gun? I wonder if my car will be as fast as that with 55T - 24/25T...

I am still driveway racing and drifting. In my area, there aren't many on road tracks. I wish there were though... well not that I have time for racing anyways
check out the attached picture of drift cars in canada! look at the back row, the light blue car with Tamiya on the wing... that's an Awesome car and body! I wonder what it is...

Tamiya ceramic grease is for the external part of the gears I believe. They have specific grease that is called "heavy duty diff grease"
hmm so... can ceramic grease replace the grease that came with the original kit..?? can I put it inside the gears and all the places it says to put grease in the manual??

thx
Old 08-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

will the tc3 shocks fit the tt01? they are on tower for about $44 and if so i will most likely be getting them if not i will just keep saving my $ for the tamya ones. thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry Pyro, I don't know about those shocks. Can you post a link? I believe the TT-01 shocks are designed to be 50mm, but some people put 55-60 adjustable shocks (designed for TA05) to raise their car and adjust ride height.

Battlecat, I have a Discovery channel store speed gun. It measures things going past it, not coming toward or going away from. The thing is very consistent, which makes me believe it is accurate. Plus, it's $50 from discovery... so hopefully it's good, haha!

Grease is grease in my opinion. To me it just depends on whether it'll slow down or not. Heavy duty grease on pinion and spur gears would slow down the gears due to friction caused by the grease. I don't know how ceramic grease is, but I think it just prevents wear. So yeah, I guess you could, but I'd wait for someone else to confirm.

Again, speed is not necessary for drifting. I don't know anyone drifting with more than a 15T motor with ABS. After that people go to hard compound rubber, I believe.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

ooops forgot to attach this image I was talking about...

i like that light blue car.... what body is it???
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-comp2.jpg   TT-01 Forum-comp.jpg  
Old 08-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tt-01 dogbones

hi just wondering if the plastic dogbones and drivecups are strong enough for the tt-01d sport tuned motor? im planning to install a smaller spur ie. 22/58 to get the 6.85 FDR.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by battlecat
hmm so... can ceramic grease replace the grease that came with the original kit..?? can I put it inside the gears and all the places it says to put grease in the manual??

thx
im using it the ceramic grease now and in my opinion, the grease is too light and low viscosity. it does not adhere to the pinion and spur. thus, it would be better if u use the grease stated by mooshu beef or get the Anti-wear grease or higher viscosity grease. have yet to try molbdenum grease though...

u can put grease in those places recommended by the manual eg end of the shaft, the dog bones etc. i also read that putting grease at those area may increase friction since dust and other stuff can stick with the grease. well, i guess its up to u. i have kinda clean those areas up and only put quite a lot of grease esp on the diff and spur and pinion gears. u can experiment yourself and see what suites u...
Old 08-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sure they do dude, I ran my TT01 using 11T and stripped some pinions and spurs. Now I'm running a Kyosho 17T old skool motor with low torque springs, and I still almost stripped my 55T spur.

I'm sure the sport tuned is not 17T? Its a 23T? Should be no problem dude.

Originally Posted by diozxlive
hi just wondering if the plastic dogbones and drivecups are strong enough for the tt-01d sport tuned motor? im planning to install a smaller spur ie. 22/58 to get the 6.85 FDR.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like a dodge stratus 2.0 or 3.0.

Right?

Originally Posted by battlecat
ooops forgot to attach this image I was talking about...

i like that light blue car.... what body is it???
Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Blueshark
Looks like a dodge stratus 2.0 or 3.0.

Right?
You are correct kind sir.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJUK8

Now if only I could paint...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

The dogbones are very very strong. I'd trust even brushless with them.

So why does Tower not sell 55T and 58T spur gears?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

good day to all
how to create discharger out of pen lights?
how many pen lights needed and voltage of each light
i want to use this to my battery pack 7.2v
thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default LED rally lights

Now, this is what I call lights!

Better back off when you see me coming. Just kidding!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cranky
good day to all
how to create discharger out of pen lights?
how many pen lights needed and voltage of each light
i want to use this to my battery pack 7.2v
thanks in advance
better if you use car light bulbs they last a lot longer,,, they are usually rated at 12 volts they draw 2amps per bulb,, so if you want a 20 amp discharger create a discharger with 10bulbs 30 amps then 15 bulbs,,, a 20 amp discharger is an all rounder,,, you can use it on stick packs with low capacity cells or side by side configuration batts with high capacity cells,,, new industry standard though is at 30-35 amps if your using high quality cells then its save to discharge at this levels but if you have stick packs with low capacity cells this discharge level might be too harsh and might cause overheating.. anyway to make a bulb discharger simply wire all the bulbs in parallel ( i used galvanized wire on mine i can shape it the way that i want and it's really easy to work on ) with the ";butts" of the bulbs representing positive and the side of the bulbs representing negative. connect 12 gauge wires on the ends of the last bulb and place crocodile clips on the other end of the wires or any other adapter you want like deans plug corally style tubes etc. ( if your using tamiya plugs they will surely melt so i really don't suggest them ) good luck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.