Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey fellow TT01 owners, new here so i though id say hey! and post a few pics of my cars. Let me know what you think!

The one that is mosly red is going have a brushless in it soon and both cars will have matching lambo bodys, one green w/ black rims the other red with gold rims.....ill have pictures up once they are both done.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Finished the second TT-01 yesterday. I wish they had not precut the window decals because it is much easier to apply them with the paper still on the back. The small ones were a lot easier pre-cut. After getting ugly creases on the rear window decal I manually cut the front windshield decal so that I could align it with the backing paper still on. The front windshield came out a lot better. The rear window has numerous bubbles and creases.

Hopup options::
Ball bearings.
Carbon upper frame.
Motor heat sink.
Aluminum propeller shaft.
Reinforced Type B tires.
TRF Damper set.

I love the Z4 M coupe racing body! It looks awesome! Drove the car today with my son and the body held up pretty well. The mirrors got scratched alot from the roll over accidents. The front airdam is the weakest part of the body. It has not cracked but it will soon. The front bumper is within 1/4" from the foam bumper and it's a good thing. The front end of Ferrari 360 body is very durable as well for the same reason. .
This new car is very quiet like my F103GT. But my son's TT-01 is very noisy... noisier than my M03 Cooper. I think it's the diff and the cup joints that make the noise. I cleaned and oiled the motor but it didn't help. The aluminum shaft is straight as well as the dogbones... I think two years of abuse by my son is taking a toll on the car. Sure, my son is jealous of my new TT-01 but he will have to prove to me that he can drive with patience and avoid stupid crashes before I will buy him a new car. Until then, my neighbors will have to live with the noise. LOL.

Last edited by edhchoe; 09-25-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Finished the second TT-01 yesterday. I wish they had not precut the window decals because it is much easier to apply them with the paper still on the back. The small ones were a lot easier pre-cut. After getting ugly creases on the rear window decal I manually cut the front windshield decal so that I could align it with the backing paper still on. The front windshield came out a lot better. The rear window has numerous bubbles and creases.

Hopup options::
Ball bearings.
Carbon upper frame.
Motor heat sink.
Aluminum propeller shaft.
Reinforced Type B tires.
TRF Damper set.

I love the Z4 M coupe racing body! It looks awesome! Drove the car today with my son and the body held up pretty well. The mirrors got scratched alot from the roll over accidents. The front airdam is the weakest part of the body. It has not cracked but it will soon. The front bumper is within 1/4" from the foam bumper and it's a good thing. The front end of Ferrari 360 body is very durable as well for the same reason. .
This new car is very quiet like my F103GT. But my son's TT-01 is very noisy... noisier than my M03 Cooper. I think it's the diff and the cup joints that make the noise. I cleaned and oiled the motor but it didn't help. The aluminum shaft is straight as well as the dogbones... I think two years of abuse by my son is taking a toll on the car. Sure, my son is jealous of my new TT-01 but he will have to prove to me that he can drive with patience and avoid stupid crashes before I will buy him a new car. Until then, my neighbors will have to live with the noise. LOL.
Try a bit of windex when applying decals. You can slide the decals around when it is still wet and you can also squeegee out the bubbles while its still wet. After it is all dried it holds in place.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Now you tell me.... LOL.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Understeer

Hey guys! just want your opinion on this, i have a TT-01 converted to TT-01E, just finished it this morning, when i tested it in a smooth asphalt parking lot, there was indeed an improvement on the steering response, but had problems of understeer, I used tamiya shock oils 400 in front and 300 rear, both yellow springs, here is the rest of my setup:

F Toe out= 2deg
F camber= -3deg
R toe in= 1deg
R camber= -2deg
GT tuned motor with FDR 6.28
Aluminum steering
Medium narrow stock wheels

Thanks a lot!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Stiffening up the rear a little with a harder spring will give the car more steering as well as giving a little toe in at the front, right?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Post some pictures.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Stiffening up the rear a little with a harder spring will give the car more steering as well as giving a little toe in at the front, right?
Toe out, which he already has. I'd also try putting the 400 in the rear shocks as well.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

I thought toe in gave more steering.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default OIC

Oh i see, that is why i saw some one in the track who has a stiffer spring at the back. ill try your suggestions. Thanks a lot! I am just anticipating i may encounter whiplash or a spin out, what can i do if this happens so? thanks again guys!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

If the car whips around, put stickier tires in the back or soften the back a little.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (67%+)
Default hey

hey guys i have a full graphite tt01d with castle creations brushless kit and a whole lot of other things for sale, im looking to get only $300 shipped fro everything, i have alot more then that in it but im going to bootcamp and have to pay some bills off before i go so if anyone is interested pm me your email and ill send you guys some pics, or you can look up my thread i started in the fs section so please let me know i need it gone guys thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kitoy22
Hey guys! just want your opinion on this, i have a TT-01 converted to TT-01E, just finished it this morning, when i tested it in a smooth asphalt parking lot, there was indeed an improvement on the steering response, but had problems of understeer, I used tamiya shock oils 400 in front and 300 rear, both yellow springs, here is the rest of my setup:

F Toe out= 2deg
F camber= -3deg
R toe in= 1deg
R camber= -2deg
GT tuned motor with FDR 6.28
Aluminum steering
Medium narrow stock wheels

Thanks a lot!
Where did you get 1deg rear uprights at?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Do you all put grease on the bevel gears on the outside of the differential gear and the bevel gear one of the main shaft?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you all put grease on the bevel gears on the outside of the differential gear and the bevel gear one of the main shaft?
I only grease the diff gears, ring/pinion, and a little on the spur/pinoin. Anywhere else it get nasty with stickey diry. Dont put any in side of the diff, if its not sealed dont do it. IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.