Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, well i though id post a shot of my beast, brushless of course. Ill post more shots soon aswell

Its a pure drift machine, she drifts like a dream. Ive got her loaded with a few goodies that ill also post later on, with a Spektrum DX2.0 on the way. More to come...
Old 08-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

nice car you have!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hi guys,
i just bought 25/55 pinion and spur gears. however, i have used my all the anti-wear grease supplied in the kit.

so my question is can i use normal grease for those gears? any specific grease to use?? stick to AW grease?

can i use normal grease for car/automotive applications? pls advise... i cant wait to test out the new gear ratio...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by doriftu
hi guys,
i just bought 25/55 pinion and spur gears. however, i have used my all the anti-wear grease supplied in the kit.

so my question is can i use normal grease for those gears? any specific grease to use?? stick to AW grease?

can i use normal grease for car/automotive applications? pls advise... i cant wait to test out the new gear ratio...
hi doriftu,
what normal grease do you have?
is it liquid or paste like grease?
but for me, the best thing you can do is to go to the nearest LHS and buy "Tamiya Ceramic Grease" rather than to wait for an answer to your question.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by squad car
hi doriftu,
what normal grease do you have?
is it liquid or paste like grease?
but for me, the best thing you can do is to go to the nearest LHS and buy "Tamiya Ceramic Grease" rather than to wait for an answer to your question.
just the regular tamiya grease. the paste type. just a lil' bit left in the tube. whats the difference between Ceramic, molybdenum etc grease. im kinda new to the hobby... looks like i have to wait for a new tube of grease b4 changing my gears....

thanks!!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by doriftu
just the regular tamiya grease. the paste type. just a lil' bit left in the tube. whats the difference between Ceramic, molybdenum etc grease. im kinda new to the hobby... looks like i have to wait for a new tube of grease b4 changing my gears....

thanks!!
the ceramic grease use for gears, plastic & metal bearings.
if you cant wait for your next tube of grease, cut the grease tube in two 2 and use everything you can get. that will be enuf for a while, you can add grease if you get a new 1.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 AM

it's the ceramic grease for gears.. put a little on the pinion and give it a couple of turns..it's OK.. moblydenum grease is somewhat sticky then ceramic I think.. I work in a automotive service and normal grease is too much sticky for our cars

Asil
Old 08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

its written in the tube
Old 08-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys!! will get a tube of ceramic grease then

wanna see how much difference does a lower ratio makes to a Tamiya sports tune motor... hehehe... has yet to get my hands on a 23T motor...
Old 08-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

happy racing,
Old 08-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

i tried a set of tamiya drift tires w/ a stock kit; the thing bounces and jumps like a kangaroo on crack. is there something to tame it down, or is that the nature of drifting??? it has stock friction dampers; r oil dampers w/ thin oil necessary?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tamiya Drift tires are rubber right? Even hard rubber compounds I think are reserved for high speed drifting. I have stock springs a Co 27 Pro stock motor and BB's and this thing is drifting wonderfully with ABS. Of course, I need practice, but the setup I have is real nice.

So no, stock springs and dampers are fine. But getting oil dampers will help you adjust the dampening speed, and springs would adjust how much your body rolls.

Give some more details about your setup, and we'll be able to help you out.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, the tamiya drift tires are hard rubber not ABS, so they have some grip at lower speeds. Maybe the parking lot is just too rough because the car just jumps and chatters. A smoother surface would probably be the ticket. The set up is bone stock TT-01 right now. The only upgrade is a full bearings packet. Maybe drifting just ain't my thing, but I was curious to see what it was like. I don't have anyplace smoother to try unfortunately; bummer.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

By the way, any tips for repairing cracked bodies? My best friend drove my beautiful new ferrari straight into a secret curb at full throttle. He panicked and tried to e-brake, but just pulled the throttle harder. LOL. He felt really bad, but we've all done the same thing at least once, I'm sure. I'm hoping there is some way to minimize the damage, or at least keep it from getting worse.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by swannco
Yes, the tamiya drift tires are hard rubber not ABS, so they have some grip at lower speeds. Maybe the parking lot is just too rough because the car just jumps and chatters. A smoother surface would probably be the ticket. The set up is bone stock TT-01 right now. The only upgrade is a full bearings packet. Maybe drifting just ain't my thing, but I was curious to see what it was like. I don't have anyplace smoother to try unfortunately; bummer.
tamiya tires are difficult to drift with unless u are on a really smooth surface such as tiles etc. you can start off my DIY-ing ABS tires with 2" ABS pipes. that will make your car skating on ice

if u are getting serious on drifting, the best drifting tires would b ethe yokomo single rings it has great combination of speed and can initiate drifts easily.

btw, its ok to have a stock TT01 for drifting... u can hop up it as u move along...

cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.