Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TT-01 spinning heavily

Hi,

I am a newbie and just bought TT01. I have gone through most of the posts but could not find solution to my problem I have the following hop ups on the car:

m-chassis damper - blue front, yellow rear, using 400 silicone oil
alu steering
alu racing steering set
alu propeller joint shaft
metal motor mount
turn buckle tie rod
ball diff front and rear
universal shaft front and rear
full ball bearing

I am running Tamiya Brushles 18T, 55/25 and Celica GT Radial tire, 26mm - stock for Tamiya racing.

On straight lane, my car is running great. The problem is when it comes to a turn/hairpin, when I just passed the turn and hit the throttle, the car starts to spin heavily. I am not too sure is this due to my driving style or car setup. I suspect it is a combination of both.

Looking for your expertise and thanks a lot.

JT
Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MaNiSe
Hi,

I am a newbie and just bought TT01. I have gone through most of the posts but could not find solution to my problem I have the following hop ups on the car:

m-chassis damper - blue front, yellow rear, using 400 silicone oil
alu steering
alu racing steering set
alu propeller joint shaft
metal motor mount
turn buckle tie rod
ball diff front and rear
universal shaft front and rear
full ball bearing

I am running Tamiya Brushles 18T, 55/25 and Celica GT Radial tire, 26mm - stock for Tamiya racing.

On straight lane, my car is running great. The problem is when it comes to a turn/hairpin, when I just passed the turn and hit the throttle, the car starts to spin heavily. I am not too sure is this due to my driving style or car setup. I suspect it is a combination of both.

Looking for your expertise and thanks a lot.

JT
Here's the bad news - It's a little bit you but it's mostly the car.

Putting a spool on the front will make the car a hell of a lot easier / more predictable. to drive.

If the Ball Diffs are slipping that will cause problems as well.

Get someone to hold the front wheels while you turn the rear wheels. All wheels should emit even pressure / force (You don't want one wheel turning on its own). If not the car can be very unpredicatable under hard acceleration.

Some decent tires will make a big difference as well.

600 Oil in the front dampers might help you as it will produce understeer.

Red springs on the rear will also induce some understeer - although the car might also bottom out so be careful.

Overall though I think a spool will make things a lot better for you.

Last edited by tdunster; 02-23-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks. I will try that and will post result.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

I just bought a new TT01 Type E kit.

What are some first upgrades? I plan on using this car as a beater car, just running in the street, maybe some drifting.

I was thinking about getting a bearing set and an aluminum drive shaft. Any other suggestions?

Also, what electronic setup should I go with? can this chassis handle a brushless system, something like a VXL or a CC 4600kv?

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Any of the hop ups on this page would be good, although I'd start with bearings, aluminum shaft, metal motor mount. The speed tuned gears with the 28 tooth HPI gear on that page will give you maximum gearing (without going to that elusive 52t spur)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello
I decided to get in the rc world and i bought a Tamiya TT01E yesterday to start with it.However i will have it in 20days so now i must find some parts.
The only thing i would like to ask is what size/dimensions a battery,a servo and an esc should have to fit the chassis properly? Also what connector/plug the battery should have?
Thank you for your answers

Last edited by cygamer; 03-10-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Rookie

For TT01,E chassis can go rc mall and I have heard they will have some brand new design items for TT01 series as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all. I used to run R/C cars way back in my teenage years and decided to get back into a little bit.

I bought a TT-01E RTR and have been having a blast with it across the street in the dirt. I've done the rally modifications (trim front and rear skid plates to allow suspension travel, CVA shocks, etc). I've also made my own metal skid plates to mount under the tub and a dust cover.

My questions is this: I recently bought the Yeah Racing hop-up kit and got it all installed. I'm having some problems with the rubber o-rings that go in the drive cups. With them in, the car does not like it. It'll go and everything, but steering sticks and the rear vibrates. I removed the outer ones and it works much better, but I was curious if it was something I was doing wrong. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

you only need to put o rings inside the inner cups.If you add o rings in each one,it will bind up the drive train.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Question for all you tt 01 guys.

Are any of you using this car for parking lot racing? If so, what shocks are you using? What pisoton plates and weight of oil? What springs? Tires even.I am curious to know what your set ups are?
I am experimenting with my TT01r type E with the sway bars / springs etc.We are all running 5700kv/7.2v nimh,so the speeds are fair for this platform.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 240Z
Anybody been able to get more power on steering out of a TT-01? I am getting too much push out of the corner and through the sweepers. In off power tight turns the back drifts a bit, just enough to get good rotation, but I just can't accelerate out or hold a tight line in the wide turns. Any ideas on what to tweak?
Hello!
I have had this issue before with a bone stock tt01. I added the upper camber arms, and things got a bit better. I added trf shocks using 2 hole plates 30wt oil with yellow springs in the front and blue in the rear. Using tamiya x pattern tires.it got a bit better. Then I added the 3 racing steering,and it got better still.

Now I have recently purchased the all hopped up tt01r type e. I followed the additional instructions to mount the front and rear sway bars to the lower control arms as per the manual, and run the yellow bar in the back and the red in the front. You have to buy extra ball studs and the stab kit for a ta05 to make it all work.I transferred the 3 racing steering and trf shocks switched to hpi x pattern d compound radials, gone to 25wt oil w/2 hole plates and yellow springs in the rear and 35 wt 2 hole with red springs in the front and the car is really stuck( for the kind of car we are working with) I slowed down the steering rate and it seems to be ok cornering with a 5700kv brushless pushing it around.I run a mamba max with the drag brake set to 20% and it holds corners well and with gentle throttle can accelerate very nice out on to the straight.
Shane

Last edited by shanedc; 04-26-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The TT01 ES semi-assembly chassis kit still doesn't come with ball bearings, they should have just installed the bearings while putting the chassis kit together.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey guys I have two cars up for sale TT-01E-R and a Brand new TT-01 If anyone is interested check out this link thanks http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...escs-cars.html
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
The TT01 ES semi-assembly chassis kit still doesn't come with ball bearings, they should have just installed the bearings while putting the chassis kit together.
The TT-01R kit is a better buy.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Steering problems

Hey guys, I just bought a new tt-01e, and when I turn to the right with full
Lock, when I rerun it to neutral, the steering centered slightly to the right. Is there anything I can buy or do to fix this problem? Please provide a link if I need to buy something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.