Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is a racing car. The purpose is to build a faster car than last time. And a faster car than the opposition. What do you expect?
This is a hobby, not many of us winning huge money, even the big races pay less than the money in your pocket. I don't mind spending a little but I don't see the benefit of trading cars every year. If they are seeing huge differences within one year they obviously didn't do their engineering last year.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did not make the pre-order list for speedtechrc so I am still looking for a t2
Old 01-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Horsham will have some you can preorder. Click on the link in my signature.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hey, guys. I don't want to rattle any cages this early in the new year, but you all need to know. While in the hobby shop at the track last night, I was told that they haven't been able to get the normal supply of parts for the '05 and they weren't sure, if Xray was still going to produce the '05 and it's spare / optional parts. I thought we, here on r/c tech, were told different. Am I wrong? Normally, I would've dismissed that mere speculation but this was coming from someone working in a hobby shop / racetrack, that, has specialized in Xray / Hudy products since it's (the hobby shop) inception. Do we really know what's going on? I don't know about you, but I'm concerned. I was in the mist of buying the hard suspension arms (front and rear) and the black screw pack when I was told this. I was really tempted to put them back on the counter and walk away. That's thirty - some odd dollars I could save. If, I need to stop putting money into the '05 and unload the thing, I need to know now.
This was adressed by both Xray and RCAmerica.

In preparing for the launch of the T2, many of the company's manufacturing resources were diverted for the new product production. The spare parts for the T1 cars are being produced and will continue to be produced for quite some time.

RCAmerica has a LARGE parts shipment due to arrive very shortly(if it's not there yet) which should take care of parts shortage issues.

A few pages back on this thread Mario Hudy's respnse to T1 parts concerns was posted...the T1 WILL still be supported.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Heck I got my pre order e mail maybe I should sell to the highest bidder...
Old 01-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Any takers I really dont need it that bad till after the Birds...
Old 01-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cammer
This is a hobby, not many of us winning huge money, even the big races pay less than the money in your pocket. I don't mind spending a little but I don't see the benefit of trading cars every year. If they are seeing huge differences within one year they obviously didn't do their engineering last year.
I agree, Cammer. Now here's the thing - The r/c car companies don't have to see HUGE differences, just enough to produce, package and sell a car they can simply label - better. Change a few items in the overall design and tout it as "the next evolution in design". I see it as just taking advantage of a market full of people, who have to get what's perceived as the very best there is to offer from an industry ripe with inovations. I don't see anything wrong with the advancement of technology in r/c cars, in fact I welcome it. I just don't think I need to shell out $400+ every 9 months to take advantage of it. A lot of us don't even race every weekend and have the time to really get to know these cars. So, for many of us, it doesn't make since to keep spending A LOT of money on a new car along with spare & option parts, in less than a year, when we haven't gotten everything out of the current car we have already spent a ton of money on and will get less than half of what was spent on it when we sell it to someone else. I would only get rid of a car for maybe, three reasons:

1. The car and parts are no longer being produced.
2. I can't go any faster with the car.
3. I needed to unload it to get into another class.
and
4. If, the newer car is easier to work on.

That's definitely a HIGH selling point for me.

Yeah, those few tenths will make you faster until the faster guys at the track go buy the same kit. Then you realize the car's not the problem. It's the driver. The faster guys will continue to be the "Fast Guys" and you'll continue to be where you are - not the "fast guy". What to do? Oh, well... Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by kewdawg; 01-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Hey, guys. I don't want to rattle any cages this early in the new year, but you all need to know. While in the hobby shop at the track last night, I was told that they haven't been able to get the normal supply of parts for the '05 and they weren't sure, if Xray was still going to produce the '05 and it's spare / optional parts. I thought we, here on r/c tech, were told different. Am I wrong? Normally, I would've dismissed that mere speculation but this was coming from someone working in a hobby shop / racetrack, that, has specialized in Xray / Hudy products since it's (the hobby shop) inception. Do we really know what's going on? I don't know about you, but I'm concerned. I was in the mist of buying the hard suspension arms (front and rear) and the black screw pack when I was told this. I was really tempted to put them back on the counter and walk away. That's thirty - some odd dollars I could save. If, I need to stop putting money into the '05 and unload the thing, I need to know now.
As ChrisP stated, this was addressed by Mario and was addressed earlier in this thread as well, FK05 parts will be available, heck, hobby shops can still get T1 PIVOT BALL parts!

Cammer: As far as buying a new car every year goes.. Lets say you have to pay $400 for a kit and $150 on options/other parts so you're in $550 on a kit. You race it for a year, then you hear about a new car kit, that will be around the same price but won't need as many options... I sold my FK05 a week after the T2 CRAZE and still had numerous offers on it and ended up selling it for $300 for a full carpet setup. So lets just say you sell yours for even $250, now you're only down about $200 for a brand new car with a couple option parts. $200 is not a great amount of money, you already raced your FK05 all year and got what you could out of it... This is the way I see it...
Old 01-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Amen!! Corally still rules
With all that practice I bet you've gotten pretty fast at changing out broken arms, huh? haha
Old 01-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
. I don't mind spending a little but I don't see the benefit of trading cars every year.
Well if YOU don't see the benefit of trading cars every year....then don't! Who says YOU have to buy a new car every year?

But if I want to then I should have that right!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
As ChrisP stated, this was addressed by Mario and was addressed earlier in this thread as well, FK05 parts will be available, heck, hobby shops can still get T1 PIVOT BALL parts!
I eluded to this in my post. The questions is - has something changed since then?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With all that practice I bet you've gotten pretty fast at changing out broken arms, huh? haha
Old 01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

I eluded to this in my post. The questions is - has something changed since then?
Yes, I am aware of your allusion, but you were not sure (judging by your post...) and my post was merely addressing a general question that was brought up in your post, and many others, and it was aimed more toward people with the same worries that happen to be reading this thread, not just your post. But as far as 'the question' goes they will continue to make parts for the car, it is just up to your local hobby shop to stock them.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, I am aware of your allusion, but you were not sure (judging by your post...) and my post was merely addressing a general question that was brought up in your post, and many others, and it was aimed more toward people with the same worries that happen to be reading this thread, not just your post. But as far as 'the question' goes they will continue to make parts for the car, it is just up to your local hobby shop to stock them.
Thanks for understanding - oh, and for spell check, too.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

T2 looks nice!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.