Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

I believe the photos are "officially" from TEAM XRAY.
They do the same style and photo angle when released FK'05. .

MSX marrying Cyclone, then gave birth T1 EVO2.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
As far as the photos, I'm quite sure that this was an "engineered leak" to build up buzz. Totally intentional. You simply don't pay a photographer thousands to make such a nice set for your new product and then "accidentally" post in in a public website.
I sincerely hope that there's no professional photographer out there being paid thousands to do product photography with a consumer (Sony Cybershot) digital camera, shooting in JPG. No offense, I know a bit about this, and I'm confident this isn't the case. A professional would quite possibly use a tilt/shift lens to cut down on perspective distortion, and get the right depth of field. Plus, they'd shoot it in RAW (or film, though less likely) on a professional or even prosumer body.

If you're interested, there are tutorials on how to do nice product photography in your home using a cheaply built light box, which will give you about 90% of what you can get from a professional. It's a popular choice for small companies and online retailers that don't want to retain a professional photographer.

The Flash on their site appears to be rushed, with many sections unfinished, and one still containing information from the 1/18th nitro car, presumably because it was used as a template.

That said, I agree, it's the most beautiful car I've seen yet. I don't plan to abandon my lovely RDX, but I'll certainly admire the T2 from afar.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Would the US kits come with a front diff like the 05?
From the T2 Specs on the website it says Multi diff not included in US Kits...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Just to clear up the "leak" intended rumors...

The photos were "found" in a directory/sub-directory on the Xray site. This included several shots without a rendered backgound. Although the /t2 directory was not too dificult a guess it was, none the less, found by "accident".

I work as a professional designer and it is quite common for companies to put up an easy to "tell it to a dummy over the phone or via email" directory to allow your distributors and magazine editors to get copies of the images prior to a new product release. As these are 300DPI high-res and larger images, it would seem that was exactly what was going on. Merely a production staging area that was "discovered".

Judging by the "incomplete" update to Xray's website I can with all certainty assure those that thought this was intentional that it was not.

If it was, the site would have been complete. If you notice, even a few of the links in the Flash file are incorrect.

Xray rushed to get the site updated to recover from this "unfortunate" event that allowed us all to get a look at this wonderful new car. Those that have all the hi-res images can relish an up close view before some of the press even had one for a change....

My .02

P.S. Kudos to my buddy that found them. You are officially "Hacker of the Year"
Old 11-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I sincerely hope that there's no professional photographer out there being paid thousands to do product photography with a consumer (Sony Cybershot) digital camera, shooting in JPG. No offense, I know a bit about this, and I'm confident this isn't the case. A professional would quite possibly use a tilt/shift lens to cut down on perspective distortion, and get the right depth of field. Plus, they'd shoot it in RAW (or film, though less likely) on a professional or even prosumer body.

If you're interested, there are tutorials on how to do nice product photography in your home using a cheaply built light box, which will give you about 90% of what you can get from a professional. It's a popular choice for small companies and online retailers that don't want to retain a professional photographer.

The Flash on their site appears to be rushed, with many sections unfinished, and one still containing information from the 1/18th nitro car, presumably because it was used as a template.

That said, I agree, it's the most beautiful car I've seen yet. I don't plan to abandon my lovely RDX, but I'll certainly admire the T2 from afar.

You don't need a Nikon D1S to shoot a model car in a controlled lighting situation. Any REAL photographer uses the right tool for the job. Only pretending amatures think they need a $5,000 camera for all occasions.

And yes, I'd be willing to bet that if the photos were shot by a professional photographer that the shoot cost about $2,000. Remember; you're not paying for an expensive camera to shoot the photos, rather you're paying for the photographers experience.

Look at the lighting and clarity. Just becasue it was a Sony Cybershot doesn't mean that it wasn't professionally done.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
Feel that Soviet....

it's the dark side trying to draw you back in....

(Admiral Ackbar voice with floppy hands waving about...)

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Dum Dum Dum, Dum Dee Dumm, Dum Dee Dummm.....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

MSX or
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have the internal ratio of the T2
Old 11-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Soviet,

Just so you know, I contacted Hudy last year about working for them. They produce ALL their art and photos in-house. No outside designers or photographers. Supposedly one of the Hudy relatives has the B.A. in Graphic Design and does most of the work with a small staff. This would explain the Cybershot.

Also, after working with numerous photog's over the years, they wouldn't be caught digitally dead with anything but a Nikon or Canon...

Again, my .02

P.S. I hope it really does come with polished bulkheads!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by x-ray=speed
Anyone have the internal ratio of the T2
Old 11-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FreqETag
Soviet,

Just so you know, I contacted Hudy last year about working for them. They produce ALL their art and photos in-house. No outside designers or photographers. Supposedly one of the Hudy relatives has the B.A. in Graphic Design and does most of the work with a small staff. This would explain the Cybershot.

Also, after working with numerous photog's over the years, they wouldn't be caught digitally dead with anything but a Nikon or Canon...

Again, my .02

P.S. I hope it really does come with polished bulkheads!
Cool....Some companies farm out photo work though. Anyhow...I've known certain photographers that use the strangest and "cheapest" cameras to get a certain desired effect.

Myself though...I'm a Nikon man...
Old 11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The number of used Xrays showing up for sale all the sudden is quite comical. Can you say buyers market?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
The number of used Xrays showing up for sale all the sudden is quite comical. Can you say buyers market?
yeah I just checked the for sale forums and noticed the same thing!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Cool....Some companies farm out photo work though. Anyhow...I've known certain photographers that use the strangest and "cheapest" cameras to get a certain desired effect.
Strapping a $100 Lensbaby (plastic, terrible quality) on my 10D is my favorite "creative" lens which takes terrible (but interesting) pictures. Seems ironic to spend thousands on a body only to obscure the pictures with something that's trying to imitate an old Holga. I believe they make them with a Nikon mount too. It's great fun.

Anyway, regardless of how things went down, it looks like XRay is going to send a lot of car designers scrambling for something new tomorrow morning.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ike
yes anyone selling their olf fk05 thats not worth having now lol im offering $50 each

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.