Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those that are buying Troys spools pick up some of the Tamiya 10mm shim sets. The spools are designed to have a little bit of room for adjustment to make it fit absolutely the best.

The parts are absolutely first rate I have the lt wt steel version and it has by far the most runs of any of the spools and you cannot see any wear at the outdrive. Troy will sell himself out of a job as the parts will not need to be replaced unless you run it over with a tank and even then it will probably run true.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I gotta give props to the Evo 3, saw it in action for the first time yesterday with a few Tamiya factory drivers, and it was amazing on the track. Tamiya did a great job when designing the car.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Randman, good to meet you yesterday. Too bad about your Yoke. As you probably saw, Taka's Surikarn car provides that much more setup options with it's inner camberlink positions and suspension geometry which translates into a car that carries way more corner speed than almost any out there last night. My evo had too much side bite and would scrub too much mid corner and on exit. Taka's EvoS setup did not slow down anywhere and when I drove it, it had no weaknesses track...The harder you drove it, the faster it went, easy to drive and very forgiving. Who says that if your car feels easy to drive and slow, it probably is...Taka's was easy to drive, felt slow because it was so easy, AND was hella fast.

Last edited by rtypec; 06-25-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Taka`s setup sounds too good to be true, can you post it if you have it rctypec?
Old 06-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, if you have it please provide because that guy was insanely fast last night. I thought you were fast last night Rod but Taka...Damn. What are you doing to your stock motors to get them to run so damn fast? I need to know because I had 0 motor compared to you.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

I have Taka's setup but it requires the aluminum upper deck braces and a WCR style sway bar setup that needs to be sorta fabricated. Before I post it, I want to make sure that this setup transfers well from car to car.

As for motor, check this out: I bought a non pro monster, took off the stickers, took off the brushes it came with, put on 4499's (no mod), centered the arm in the magnetic center of the can (add/remove shims) cut the comm, reassembled, broke in the brushes, cut the comm again, reassembled, install in car and maintain as necessary. That's all there is to it
Old 06-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, sounds pretty easy because your car was blazing fast down the straights. By the way, what sort of setup did you yourself run last night? My car was slow in the corners and was scrubbing off a lot of speed due to an on power push.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Rod I heard Taka has to go back over to Japan. Personal or business?

Do you know if he is coming back?

If you have his set-up from last night I'll echo in also post it if you can. I hope to be running the S this weekend with Peter.

How's your B2 set-up coming.....
Old 06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Here's the setup for a technical layout. For a highspeed layout, Taka went to yellow all around. Taka also used the Evo3's standard shock towers so the front inner camber link is correct on this sheet. If you have the aluminum upper deck parts, the upper-inner camber link spacing would be as follows: F 7.5mm R 3.5mm (I will have to verifiy this when I get home) I think that covers it.

I don't know if or when he'll be back.

B2 setup? Still lost and not found...but getting closer.

Thank you Takanori Aoki for the setup:
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-evo3setuptaka.gif  
Old 06-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Rod
What kind of setup were you running last night? You too were pretty fast with your Evo?

I just want to see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Intel unless you chain smoke like Mr. C you have no hope
Old 06-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Shhh..atleast you didn't mention the Dedrich's White Chocalate Mocha, a super big gulp coffee, and the four pack of Redbull that I drank every day that weekend I remotely powered my car with caffeine to get those extra tenths haha.

Oh yeah about my setup, I've already posted it, but I'll update it and repost it tomorrow.

Last edited by rtypec; 06-25-2003 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Difuser
What the hell are you talking about? I really hope that you are not trying to come foul at me!

I don't care if this is a forum or not, you do not disrespect me or anybody else here!
Old 06-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

For all those interested over here in Sydney Australia we have a big race on this weekend, called the Winter Nationals, a couple of guys will be debuting their Evo III Surikarn editions, a large fleet of Corally Assassin's will also be debuting. But more importantly we actually have Surikarn Chaidejsuriya himself turning up to race.

Should be a fantastic event!

Link to Winter Nats talk on the Aussie thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=14678

Link to the host track and club: http://www.sormcc.org/

I'll be sure to get some pics of Surikarns ride this weekend, i'll post here on Sunday/Monday
Old 06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by black-knight
For all those interested over here in Sydney Australia we have a big race on this weekend, called the Winter Nationals, a couple of guys will be debuting their Evo III Surikarn editions, a large fleet of Corally Assassin's will also be debuting. But more importantly we actually have Surikarn Chaidejsuriya himself turning up to race.

Should be a fantastic event!

Link to Winter Nats talk on the Aussie thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=14678

Link to the host track and club: http://www.sormcc.org/

I'll be sure to get some pics of Surikarns ride this weekend, i'll post here on Sunday/Monday
You will have to let us know how the EVOs fare.

Looks like this weekend will be the TCS Maryland race and TCS Streetsville/Toronto race. Will the EVOs break the m2 podium stranglehold?

Coop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.