ooo nice! i wanna get some of those...i'll check R10
Old 07-09-2003, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by davioh
ooo nice! i wanna get some of those...i'll check R10
they are very very pretty!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

they better hav blue in my LHS's! i wouldn't get red if there was it...would totally look bad!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Look what rainbowten has in stock
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-tamiya.jpg  
Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by sportracer
Look what rainbowten has in stock
thats what i've got! they also have the new diff outdrives and the 3mm lower chassis.
thanks for the pic
Old 07-09-2003, 01:09 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What do you have to pay for shipping some parts @ rainbowten?
Old 07-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by V12
What do you have to pay for shipping some parts @ rainbowten?
for me (in New Zealand) its much cheaper than shipping from the US, i got the parts i was speaking of and much more(small parts) for 1860 yen, the parts always get to me in 3-4 days and they send you the tracking number aswell.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey everyone,

I just ordered my Surikarn Evo 3!!!! Is there any thing I should know about the car? I can probably get tuning tips from Difuser or Peter because I race with them all the time . I'm more worred about the durability of the front one way gear. Is there any way to make it any better? Thanks.

-Sushi Boy
Old 07-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sushi Boy
Hey everyone,

I just ordered my Surikarn Evo 3!!!! Is there any thing I should know about the car? I can probably get tuning tips from Difuser or Peter because I race with them all the time . I'm more worred about the durability of the front one way gear. Is there any way to make it any better? Thanks.

-Sushi Boy
someone(sorry forgot his name) posted a good little gear mod a couple of pages back. anyway i copied and pasted it for my own use. so here it is again. i haven't tried it yet but he says it works great.
------------------------------------
Ok I'll try to keep this short and striaght forward

All you'll need is two of the standard Assoc Bevel Gears for there box. You do need to change both because of final drive ratio. Which after the modification chg's from 2.6 to 2.667.

On a diff the assoc gear and balls are slightly narrower. so what you'll want to do is . . . . On the diff half that holds the second inter bearing use a dremel (?) and carefully make the current bearing hold just slightly deeper - not very much. If you don't do this enough you'll not be able to tighten the diff correctly.

On the front one way - all that is needed is to enlarge the hole to just fit on the one way unit. The current ball holes on the assoc gear line up perfectly to screw the gear on. I had made a graphite backing plate and am still using it.

The pinion you'll use is the standard tamiya one.

The last thing is the assoc gear messes better with the pinion and results in excess for and aft play on the drive shaft. I would suggest a spacer that is placed between the bearing on the rear box and the spur gear. This will tend to push the shaft forward to increase the "flat" spot surface area used in the pinion.

Hope this helps

The Assoc gears are $7 US each - the white material ones are stronger than the black material gears. Either work however.
----------------------------
Old 07-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

it was rocketron, give him the credit if you use that mod.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by GTMilenko
someone(sorry forgot his name) posted a good little gear mod a couple of pages back. anyway i copied and pasted it for my own use. so here it is again. i haven't tried it yet but he says it works great.
------------------------------------
Ok I'll try to keep this short and striaght forward

All you'll need is two of the standard Assoc Bevel Gears for there box. You do need to change both because of final drive ratio. Which after the modification chg's from 2.6 to 2.667.

On a diff the assoc gear and balls are slightly narrower. so what you'll want to do is . . . . On the diff half that holds the second inter bearing use a dremel (?) and carefully make the current bearing hold just slightly deeper - not very much. If you don't do this enough you'll not be able to tighten the diff correctly.

On the front one way - all that is needed is to enlarge the hole to just fit on the one way unit. The current ball holes on the assoc gear line up perfectly to screw the gear on. I had made a graphite backing plate and am still using it.

The pinion you'll use is the standard tamiya one.

The last thing is the assoc gear messes better with the pinion and results in excess for and aft play on the drive shaft. I would suggest a spacer that is placed between the bearing on the rear box and the spur gear. This will tend to push the shaft forward to increase the "flat" spot surface area used in the pinion.

Hope this helps

The Assoc gears are $7 US each - the white material ones are stronger than the black material gears. Either work however.
----------------------------
Thanks a ton man! This will probably do the trick. I think I'll see how it does without the mod first then change it if needed.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

AE gears are not TCS legal though, you can run those for now, but remeber to change back to tamiya gears before TCS or you run the risk of being disqualified.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah I know, I was thinking more for indoor racing since I tend to hit a few more things at rain city. Thanks for looking out for me though.

-Sushi Boy
Old 07-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Just found the electronic version of the blank setup sheets for the EVO 3 Surikarn Edition.

EVO 3 S Blank Setup sheet

Tony
Old 07-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FAT EVO III

Fat evo III, by KAI although i dont think looks so good preety curious how it will handle

KAI EVO III FAT VERSION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.