Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: advice

Originally posted by KenSmith
I currently run TA-04-R. I sold my TA-04-Pro and my XrayEvo2...and had intended to get an Evo3. Do you think the 414M2 would be a better choice? Of these 2, which car (evo3 or 414) shares more parts with the ta04? It would be nice to have common spares.
I have run alot of different cars, and tended to prefer xray over my ft-tc3. Not sure if I prefer belt cars...or just dislike TC3s...LOL.

any input is appreciated.
Ken
KenS, The only thing that it shares with the TA04-pro is the suspension area on both the TB EVO 3 and 414M2. The 414M2 is likely the closest to the TA04 pro but the parts are not exactly the same, some may be interchangeable.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

this may sound silly but can you guys brake in a straight line with the one way and keep it straight?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no.it's more than very difficult to do so even with my old pro 3.
im guessing u mean full brake at full speed right?

Originally posted by GTMilenko
this may sound silly but can you guys brake in a straight line with the one way and keep it straight?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Chassis rubbing

Ray, can you elaborate when you say your chassis drag on the left side?
Our track has a 90' + straight that ends in a flat out 90 degree turn. Its a blast of a turn, but that is where I think my chassis is touching the carpet. So its rubbing while turning only. Going in I am sure. Sounds to me like I need to change the roll center so the chassis has less roll, but plants the tires more instead. Or I need to go with a heavier sway bar.

Ray
Old 03-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default hey ray

I noticed that you said you ran the three hole pistons in your shocks. I went with the two hole pistons and the stiffest sway bar on the front and with 70 weight oil in the shocks and my car doesn't roll that much anymore. Check with steve at speedtech about the pistons, because I know that the kit only came with three hole pistons. Until then try 80 weight. I run that on my 414m and I like it alot.

Just a thought.

mark.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Our track has a 90' + straight that ends in a flat out 90 degree turn.
Must have some spectacular crashes in that corner from time to time... Must get expensive on spares.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey rodney, would that work on a bumpy asphalt track?

going 80wt all around with yellow springs? what swaybars? the blue front and yellow rear?
Old 03-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Default shock pistons

I already bought two sets of 2-hole pistons, but havent changed yet as I want to change one thing at a time. You know how it goes!!!

I will play with roll changes (maybe today at lunch again!!! ) and then do a sway bar adjustement and finally a shock oil change.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: shock pistons

Originally posted by rayhuang
I already bought two sets of 2-hole pistons, but havent changed yet as I want to change one thing at a time. You know how it goes!!!

I will play with roll changes (maybe today at lunch again!!! ) and then do a sway bar adjustement and finally a shock oil change.
RayH, changing the sways will probably your first best step to control chassis roll. It will also stiffen up your suspension so make sure you make the appropriate adjustments. Make sure your setup is also balance from left to right. If your taking that 90° turn really fast you might want to consider bringing your ride height up a little.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Default Our Track

Actually-most people break in the super fast sweeper right in front of the driver's stand. Its super fast, and left, left around two square corners that make up a big island. Clip the either one one and you go stright ahead into the board-usually breaking a c-hub or arm. The 90 degree turn is flat out in my 19 turn, and stock sedans, 12th scale. I need to do a big lift in MOdified though. I also have to lift in stock with my Tamiya-which tells me its needs more highspeed steering too!!!

izzy-thanks!!

Aluma-I dont think any of this set-up would work on asphalt.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default ashpalt setups

hey aluma

For ashphalt I would try a lighter oil with the medium sway bars and little higher ride height. You want your suspension to work more like a suspension is supposed to work, meaning you want a little more wieght transfer, Also give your car a little more droop in the suspension. I would probably stick with the two hole pistons to start with and see what the car does, then decide if I wanted to go to three hole or not.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

alright! I guess I was thinking right...

I went with 50wt, yellow springs/sways, gave it more droop, took out the battery holder to use tape, used the 2mm offset spacers all around, left the wheelbase alone as well as the shock positions. Of course this was the day after running it full stock settings with a front diff. I'll see how it does next time...

oh yeah, if I shorten the wheelbase a bit more by moving the rear arms full forward, will that give me more on power steering?
Old 03-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Default My track

I just got back from testing. Toasted a front gear on a hard hit-DOH!!! But it lasted to complete my testing-if not a bit crunchy sounding!!! Heres some pics of the track I and two buddies own and run. This shot shows the dreaded sweeper and if you look top right-you'll see the fast 90 degree turn that ny EVO3 is not co-operating in!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-middle0303.jpg  
Old 03-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Boy-this really helps to show what my cars doing and where!!!

ON this shot of the left side of our track are the three 180's. My car pushes through the first right handed one on exit-BADLY!!! Makes it hard to carry the speed to the next leftt hander.This section of track is probably the make or break portion. Car has to work through the first two and the one onto the straight is mickey mouse-so no time gained or lost there.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-left0303.jpg  

Last edited by rayhuang; 03-05-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

can any one list me the parts needed to build a spool?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.