Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

1. thanks for the info on the servo saver ,i'll see iff i can get one of them.

2. my radio gear and ESC suck, there from a RTR kyosho, i'm just running stock, no braking adjustment, and it reverses, i know i should have better gear but money is tight at the moment.i can't even brake in a sraight line! i can't brake under any conditions with out the car spining out!
i have a race coming up and i need a cheap fix , i fear my wife may leave me if spend much more of her money on this car
anyway i figure i need to do all these things but can only afford maybe one for now so which would be best?
front diff or a
new ESC with no reverse and adj braking ( a cheap one, for stock)
or what do you guys think? please keep helping me. i'm not having fun yet
Old 03-04-2003, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default hey ray

Another thing to try if the car is still twitchy is to take out a little caster, by adding on of the .07 shims underneath the rear front suspension block helps. The only problem is that the block tends to rub the screw in the steering linkage. I just filed a bevel on the end of the block so that the screw cleared it.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by GTMilenko
1maybe one for now so which would be best?
front diff or a
new ESC with no reverse and adj braking ( a cheap one, for stock)
or what do you guys think? please keep helping me. i'm not having fun yet
dont get a half way esc...so get the diffs.
i suggest running a solid front axle ...u will get less steering during braking and MAYBE u wont oversteer to much.for me i dont brake,running stock.

rtypec :
what kinda tape do u guys recommend?are they special RC types?
i ran my car today n i nearly destroyed all batt's.they just keep flying out.
Is there some kinda battery strap i can use?
even my pro3 never has this problem.
my TB evo is being the laughing stock of the day and i also aint having fun yet.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GTMilenko
i have a race coming up and i need a cheap fix...

...front diff or a new ESC with no reverse and adj braking ( a cheap one, for stock) or what do you guys think? please keep helping me. i'm not having fun yet
Hard choises....

One-ways do require a lot of practise. If you're experienced, I would say get a new ESC. If you're not THAT experienced, get the diff first.

Usually, reverse ESC's aint allowed at races. So check out what's the rules at your upcoming race, it might turn out, that you have to choose a new ESC.

If I should suggest an ESC with good value for money, it would be the KO Propo KSC-1000FR. It have adjustable brakes and punch, a good BEC (mean faster servo / steering) and reverse, which can be disabled. Turns: 16+. Here in Denmark, it's priced nicely.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:08 AM
SAT
Tech Rookie

HI Guys,
can anyone of you tell me, whats better at the TB EV0 3 than the TRF 414 M ??

whats better, easier,.........

i´am superior whether running my TRF 414 M or buying a TB Evo 3 !!

thanks
SAT

sorry for my bad english, I´am from germany, but I´am learning
Old 03-04-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by SAT
HI Guys,
can anyone of you tell me, whats better at the TB EV0 3 than the TRF 414 M ??

whats better, easier,.........

i´am superior whether running my TRF 414 M or buying a TB Evo 3 !!

thanks
SAT

sorry for my bad english, I´am from germany, but I´am learning
Sat,
I think your english is very good! Anyway's
I have both cars. Although they are both excellent cars. I lean towards my EVO3. I think it reacts better than the 414M2. They both have different characteristics as far as acceleration and the aggressive factor, that would depend on your driving style. I feel I can push the EVO 3 more than my M2. Tamiya Factory Drivers jumped on the EVO 3 and have been winning a lot of races lately. If you are just starting, I would actually suggest a TA04-R, but if you only care for the two, get an EVO 3.
I'm sure you will get other excellent advices here too! so, wait for there response before you buy.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

SAT,

remember the EVO III was designed with the world champion 414 suspension, and a new shaft drive train.

so no matter which car you get you are going to have the same suspension.

however there is a great advantage to the shaft drive train since it will be much more efficient and provide you with better acceleration since there is no flex lost in a belt.

peter
Old 03-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

lee, just go to wal-mart and buy 1/4 inch strapping tape. Thats the one with the little rope fibers along the tape. Cut a length twice as long as the battery pack, and run it through the holes at each end of the chassis. put the pack in, pull the tape over the pack and then do the other end...they should overlap. Trust me, them batteries aint comin out!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

ok.
strapping tape with fibre...1/4 in.
actually i was just lazy to tape them everytime ...but now i guess there aint much choice
Old 03-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with Izzy if you are just beginning get the TA04R or the 04S depending on budget you can grow alot with the car.

I am leaning to the EVO over the 414 I like it's pull off the turns and reacts to any change in suspension where the 414 was a little vague on changes somtimes.

GT get the diff for now

Mrodney I have done the same for the front Rear toe block also. originally to try the raised roll center

Dan
Old 03-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Oh Pete wait til you see the spool tonight it looks awesome.
Hopefully Troy will kick more out soon
Old 03-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Battery Tape

Hey Lee82gx, I use Tamiya's glass reinforced battery tape. Sorry I don't have the part number but it comes in a variety of colors and is probably one of the most durable battery tapes out there (if there's such a thing) I can reuse the tape all day long for practice (never ejected a pack, knocking on wood) and I typically replace it before my qualifiers for that extra bit of peace of mind. Also, if you don't have access to Tamiya tape or if your lhs can't order it, any "high quality" strapping tape will work. The emphasis is "hiqh quality." You want a tape that is thick and flexible as well sticky. Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

thanx guys , i'll get that diff! do i have to order all the parts or is there a diff kit or something?

lee- i don't think i'll get the solid axle. the only problem i have with oversteer is when braking, the car 180's i think the back wheels just go straight to reverse and the front spins round to castor behind the back.
with the same radio gear in my rtr kyosho i can stop in a staight line fine (kyosho has front and rear diffs)
Old 03-04-2003, 11:40 AM
SAT
Tech Rookie

Thank´s for the replys !!!

I heared, that the EV0 3 is easier to drive than a TRF, is it true ?
Old 03-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Mod and stock

Hey guys,

I jusr ran three packs through my EVO. I first went out and ran stock mostly to settle carpet in and make a small groove. Car was good. A little darty going in and could have carried a little more speed in the middle of the corner. So I took Marks advice and stood up a the rear shocks and that did help rotation a bit by freeing up the rear. I next tried a 10x2 geared 28/90 and I knew I was in for trouble as I could barely get enough gear mesh!!!

I went back out and car was rippin fast, pretty neutral for a mod car, but needed more overall grip. I had narrow tires on car (26mm front, 28mm rear TRC's) so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I next went out with my XXXS G+ and it was planted and faster. I need to make more mechanical grip and more stability in the EVO. I think thats called a front DIFF!!!!!!

Peter-wheres my Diff kit

Last-I tried a few different driving styles to see if it made driving the one-way any better and it was inconclusive. Just mad me have to concentrate way too hard!!

I think when Peter Robinson gets back from thr Nats-we'll all have a better understanding of a set-up for foams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.