Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

FYI? umm i'm very confused as how to work all this out.
if i use use the stand 34t pinion and 90t spur
i'll get a final drive of around 7.3? good enought starting point?
please help i feel like a dummy.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default evo 3 setup

If you're really set on using a Tamiya stock motor, then the RR is great. But If you go up agains X-Rays and stuff, I went the way of either the MVP and Revenge of the Monster. Great torque, and as much rpm as you can get for a stock motor. I used the stock gearing that came in the box. 96 spur, then played around w/ 30 to 38 pinion. it really depends on the layout of the track, wether it be high speed or technical. Tires, I'd go w/ Take-Off CS 27, or Sorex 32-r.. If you want to stay Tamiya, everyone at TCS runs B2 compounds. It sticks really well. 1500mah batts!? wow.. heheh.. that was back when I used to race my FF01 and TL01. lol. I didn't know they still used those. lol.. I wouldn't know about batts, I never use anything under 2400. usually 3300's

On race day, competition is fierce, people get hard, and racing gets intense. But nothing is better than a qiuck smile, which just changes the mood=).. heheh.. It's an intense sport.. but HAVE FUN!
Old 02-23-2003, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by GTMilenko
FYI? umm i'm very confused as how to work all this out.
if i use use the stand 34t pinion and 90t spur
i'll get a final drive of around 7.3? good enought starting point?
please help i feel like a dummy.
FYI= for your info.
final drive ratio(fdr) = spur/pinion x internal ratio.
as peter says , tb ev0's internal ratio is 2.6
meaning 90/34 x 2.6 = 6.88
which is close to 6.6 that i mentioned.
i belive this is the stock/box gearing that came with the kit.
u can easily change the gear's by buying other brands...but im not sure yet.
u can of cos try 6.88 and see how it goes on ur track.and change/adjust from there.
HOWEVER,to be competitive it's always wise to have a wide selection of ratios so u can change for fine tuning.i would say 6.88 is a little too short.my base is under 6.6.seomtimes i go for 5.8 just for speed but it's dangerous if ur not careful abt overheating ur motors.
dont be shy to ask more if ur confused..i was just like u sometime ago.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

thanx Lee, i understand now, i'm gonna start out with the std 6.88, and go from there, i think they sell spurs at the track so i should be alright. i'll let ya know how i get on when i get my motor
thanks again your've been a big help
Old 02-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Peter Robinson,
can you please post the "smoking carpet setup"?
I`ve trouble with car on carpet with Sorex 32 tires.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tech Racing Diff Gear Plate back in stock

The Tech-Racing one way gear plate (EV0001) is now back in stock at RainbowTen. I received my gear plate today along with some nice Tech-Racing grey al. body posts (EV0002) for the front bumper to replace the plastic posts which seem to bend and break.

Will try the plate this weekend and report back. It looks well made and comes with extra long screws to mount it onto the diff gear and one way. About US$3 each and if they do work will be the best "hop-up" for the Evo3 yet

I will also be spending some time shimming the spur gear holder to minimise slop in the drivetrain.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's that "smoking" carpet setup.

Also, working on an "owning" asphault setup at this time.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-evo3novaksetup.gif  
Old 02-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

anyone know where/how to get the setup wheels?
which should i get 1st ?setup wheels or setup system?or both(tho i cant afford both)
thanks
Old 02-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Default 8th Yama Yama Cup

1-2-3 finish for Tamiya TB EVO3
Surikarn survived the frosty weather to finish an inspiring 2nd behind team mate Satoshi Maezumi, who has now won four times at this winter meetings. Masayuki Oyaizu completed the top three line up. The TRF Team managed to put three of their drivers in the A-Main and a total of 5 TB EVO3s in the A Main.

Surikarn and his Dad arrived in Japan on Thursday morning and headed straight to the Miwa Hobby track, accompanied by TRF Team members. Unfortunately, the day was ruined by the rain, forcing everyone to move and practiced at the indoor track instead of the event venue outdoor track. Surikarn seemed to adapt to the new track quickly and was the fastest man on the track. This was his first major event with his new ride, TB EVO3. While he admitted that he was still to find the best setup, he had already shown the superiority of this new chasis to the competitions back home in Thailand. All of TRF members now run the TB EVO3.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

i wish i knew what the factory drivers are doing with there 1 way gear. plase keep us updated on the new one way rings and greas thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by peter_robinson
yes, that has just come about, and i feel greatly honored to represent a team and a company that i have admired for so many years!

by the way, who is this?

peter
nobody...just another Tamiya fan who have had too much time on his hand reading too many RC Car Action on his spare time. I followed your domination on TCS for the last years or so. It is nice to see that you can finally show the world what you are capable of with a Tamiya (read: skill).

The way I'm making money with my new job, I can smell the EVO III getting closer in the air guys *big grin*.

Btw, Mr. Robinson, what kind of ESC are you using with your EVO III? I have LRP Quantum Comp brand new in box that I've been saving for a special car but I'm afraid of using it ever since I blew two Quantum Sports in successions with different cars that I have in it. I might use the Keyence A1Z that I got on my EVO II or I might ended up getting one of those Msonic ESCs from hobbypeople. What is your suggestion?
Old 02-24-2003, 04:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by fabolousRC
Btw, Mr. Robinson, what kind of ESC are you using with your EVO III? I have LRP Quantum Comp brand new in box that I've been saving for a special car but I'm afraid of using it ever since I blew two Quantum Sports in successions with different cars that I have in it. I might use the Keyence A1Z that I got on my EVO II or I might ended up getting one of those Msonic ESCs from hobbypeople. What is your suggestion?
I'm not Mr. Robinson (as you can see), but I'd like to comment on this question..

I drive with the Icelandic LRP racing team, and I'm using the LRP Quantum Competition in my TB EvoIII. There shouldn't be any problems with any kind of Quantum. The only thing you have to watch out for is that you put a little tape on the edges where the battery touches your chassis. Also watch out that you don't have one wire plugged in and let the other one touch the chassis. This will couse the speedo to burn over!

I'm in no doubt that the LRP Quatnum Competition is one of the best speedos out there!

Go ahead and use it in your new car! You won't regred it!

Regrads,
Andri Orn [ICELAND]
LRP - Tamiya - Team Orion
Old 02-24-2003, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Servo Saver

I just raced my TB Evolution III for the first time this weekend at a very strong indoor carpet race up here in Iceland. All of the Icelandic top drivers were there and I finished up 4th, wich is the first time for a long time that I'm not on podium!!

Anyway, I find the Servo Saver that comes with the TB Evolution III very crappy! What servo saver are you guys using??

Can you point out any good servo savers from somone else?

Thanks!
Andri Orn - Iceland
Old 02-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Carpet setup

Holmenkollen,

here is the setup that you have asked for.

FRONT

Shocks: Oil- 50wt
spring- associated gold
piston- 2 hole
one oring in the bladder

camber- 1.5 degree neg.
one 0.7 shim under front block for kick up
droop- 24.6mm (measured from the top of the axle)
arm spacing- normal
camber link- normal
Shock mount on tower- middle
shock mount on arm- outer
ride height- 5mm

REAR

Shocks: Oil- 40wt
spring- associated gold
piston- 2 hole
one red sponge in the bladder

camber- 2 deg. neg.
1.5mm shim under both front and rear hinge pin blocks
droop-24.5mm (measured from the top of the axle)
arm spacing- normal
camber link- normal
Shock mount on tower- all the way out
Shock mount on arm- outside
ride height- 5mm

MISC

motor- Trinty 19 turn (gearing 35/96)
Orion 10x1 (gearing 27/96)

battery- orion Gp 3300

this started as David Jun's setup from the Novak Touring Car Championships, but for carpet tracks here at home, the setup was not ideal, so this is what i have done to post record lap times at my home track.

peter
Old 02-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by fabolousRC
nobody...just another Tamiya fan who have had too much time on his hand reading too many RC Car Action on his spare time. I followed your domination on TCS for the last years or so. It is nice to see that you can finally show the world what you are capable of with a Tamiya (read: skill).

The way I'm making money with my new job, I can smell the EVO III getting closer in the air guys *big grin*.

i am currently running he LRP Quantum Competition, mainly beacuase my KO PROPO VFS 2000 is out of commision at the moment. But both speed controls are great, the LRP leaves a little more room on the chassis, but i feel that that the KO is better throttle response.

peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.