Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default EVO 3 winning

He guys,

I heard on another forum that the EVO3 had its first victory in holland during the TCS race GT1.

Guess who came second? a TL01 :wierd: .

Now i would realy like a TB EVO3 but i don't have the money, well have to race my TL01 then

Greatz Whacky.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: TB3 light aluminum oneway pulley !

Originally posted by LeoChan
Dear sir :
1 March onsale
Product D # Black light aluminum oneway pulley ( long life )
YEN 2500
If you want order please E-Mail to :[email protected]
other country please E-Mail to :[email protected]

Thankyou !!
Long time no see Leo-Chan!!

Good news about the EVOIII One way stuff

-Dave

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 02-22-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

HI ! yes long time no see !
Who are you ?
Old 02-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lee82gx
GTMilenko
Hi.damn i wish i were preping for a race instead of waiting for my evo.
OK.are u running japanese stock?because Tamiya type T's are 23T and they cannot be entered in ROAR(american) stock.
and the type T's are the cheapest/lowest range of the tamiya stockers.i believe if u want cheap stockers then the Yokomo Pro stock 2 is even cheaper.
otherwise get the Type RR since it's rebuildable and tuned for more speed.at least 5-10bucks more.
basically u dont need a gauge for checking toe since u just slap on the proper toe-blocks.fine adjustment is not available(i think).
hope this helps.
Lee
hey lee, hows things?
i'm racing in New Zealand, the open stock class rules are simple
your limited to 1500 battery pack, minium weight of 1.5kg, and any stock motor!
pretty sweet rules huh, so do ya think the type-s motor would be good for this? or is the type-rr the one to get?
i want a toe gauge because i plan on put a "d"-"a" sus block set up at the front but need to adjust the toe after that back to 0 degrees.
can ya give me some idea on how to gear a stock motor? even a good roll out value for me to start with(on small track).
it sucks you guys are having such a hard time getting your evos, mine came in a month early! i didn't have the money ready even.
maybe you should try source one from new zealand or australia.
anyway this is going to be my first race(ever!) i'm racing nothing but x-rays, scary i hope my evo makes me proud
Old 02-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by LeoChan
HI ! yes long time no see !
Who are you ?
I was in HKG a while back.. and saw your Barracuda.. November time
-Dave
Old 02-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got my evo yesterday and i have been busy building today, the Tamiya TRF tools are so sweet they make building it even more enjoyable. Cannot wait to get it on the track, it shud go very well. Rick
Old 02-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys

i found a temporay fix for the one way gear problem. The other night on the track, I lost a screw out of the bottom of the front gear case which made the gear case go loose, causing the one way to slip, etc.. (lucky for me I didn't strip the gears) the plastic casing had stripped, looking in my tool box I used a long counter sunk screw with a spare alluminium collar to keep it out a bit, worked like a charm, no more porblems for the moment

and as for results, beat all the field except for a TC3, which wasn't beating me in straight line, but in cornering, plus he has 3000mah batteries vs my 1500 so a very succesfull night for the evo
Old 02-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh and for anyone interested, the store I work for has 2 more Evo3 for sale about $699 I think, its Hobbyone in Brisbane
Old 02-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GTMilenko:
any stock motor?gr8 just like one of the race series here ..experienced guys are limited to 27T while novice can use 23T.BUT those darn green machines and monster stockers are just as fast as 23T's capable of more than 27k RPM.
anyway if ur serious on racing do get the type RR.since it is open-endbell and u can cut the coms etc.type T is closed endbell and it's a headache after a while.
it is made a little faster as well.
so here's the serious list: Yokomo RST/RSR/RSL(Lay-down) , Kawada type L , Team atlas(dunno the model name) and HPI super RS , and the Tamiya type RR.
anyone of these would be great stock 23T's,rebuildable as well.just get the cheapest one here.if ur stuck to 1500's...get the RST(high torque) and gear low.tight track anyway huh?i dont have an Evo yet but i was on like 6.6(for my ex-Pro3) for a tight track here.lasted 8-10 minutes on a 2400.so 5 mins should be achievable.
dont worry about racing for the 1st time!take it easy and have fun.Just practice hard and learn to be consistent.on ur 1st few laps were ur punch is high..dont be too hasty.that's were the most accidents happen.
Oh yeah,my Evo is bound for shipping on MONDAY.tell u guys what i think of it in a week!
hi hawker:
699 for an Evo3?i bought mine for 540(ausd) including 2 one way gears and a bag of arms and shipping!but no offence to ur workplace..im very budget concious.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i know lee, i agree its fairly expensive, just lucky i'm staff i guess better prices lol, but for anyone that really wants one, we've got em there.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hawker,

you wouldn't happen to know anybody from the 2002 australian tamiya worlds team would you..?

peter
Old 02-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

hey lee, a 6.6 ratio you say? for a stocker? that would be a pinion/spur combo of 15/96 is this right? i'm very new to this stuff but i'm sure that doesn't sound rite. anyway have i got it rite?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default asphalt set please!

Can someone post a complete asphalt set up including tires.Thanks guys!
Old 02-23-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GTMilenko
hey lee, a 6.6 ratio you say? for a stocker? that would be a pinion/spur combo of 15/96 is this right? i'm very new to this stuff but i'm sure that doesn't sound rite. anyway have i got it rite?
to get the 6.6 overall ratio that you are shooting for, the closest you are going to get with out switching to antoher brand of spur gear is 35/90.

this will give you a final drive ratio of 6.685.

i think where you were getting messed up was with the internal ratio of the EVO. just FYI it's 2.6.

peter
Old 02-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: asphalt set please!

Originally posted by racenut123
Can someone post a complete asphalt set up including tires.Thanks guys!
sorry dude, i have a smoking med to high grip carpet setup for you...but not asphalt..

you might post, asking for the assistance of TRF driver Dan Garber, i know that he has been running his EVO III out side for a couple weeks now, and might be able to help you.

or you can probably PM him, his handle is "difuser".

peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.