Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Looks like the pulleys are on the same side of the spur gear just the opposite of the TC5
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheYankee0806
From RH on Facebook:
"The differential is new. The front pulley is centered and the rear is offset but offset a different amount than the 7.1. Therefore the diff is not interchangeable with the 7.1."
"New = chassis, top deck, foam bumper, battery retaining system, servo mount, motor mount, bearing caps, and shock towers. It will likely be too many items to make converting a 7.1 economically feasible."
"I forgot to add that the anti roll bar mount will be different."
If that is the case where the rear Diff is offset and the Front spool is centered there will probably not be a front Diff option,
Old 05-31-2018, 12:07 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Looks like the pulleys are on the same side of the spur gear just the opposite of the TC5
The drivetrain layout and narrowed diff reminds me of the MI6evo. Also Schumacher's ease of setting belt tensions through moving the diff/spool position as well as the removal of diff/spool out of the car is something the other manufacturer's should look at incorporating too. It makes wrenching on those portions of the car super quick.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

so when is this new car supose to come out?
Old 05-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by riceball777
so when is this new car supose to come out?
As far as Ive heard it hasn't even been announced yet.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:55 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
The drivetrain layout and narrowed diff reminds me of the MI6evo. Also Schumacher's ease of setting belt tensions through moving the diff/spool position as well as the removal of diff/spool out of the car is something the other manufacturer's should look at incorporating too. It makes wrenching on those portions of the car super quick.
Are you joking it's a nightmare to remove the diff on the MI6Evo it's it's worst feature, it's best feature is the vertical top deck.

Last edited by Bar; 06-01-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:42 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bar
Are you joking it's a nightmare to remove the diff on the MI6Evo it's it's worst feature, it's best feature is the vertical top deck.
Let me clarify - the drivetrain reminds me of the Mi6 evo........and the simplicity of removing the diffs and setting belt tension on the Mi5 evo is a breeze. It's even easier on the Mi5. How's that, better? Didn't mean to cause you any confusion.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ASM
Let me clarify - the drivetrain reminds me of the Mi6 evo........and the simplicity of removing the diffs and setting belt tension on the Mi5 evo is a breeze. It's even easier on the Mi5. How's that, better? Didn't mean to cause you any confusion.
There is no confusion, you stated that the Mi6Evo has an easy diff to remove and it hasn't, it's one of the worst on any car, I'm sure this will be rectified on their next car. The belt tension adjustement on the Mi6Evo is a nice feature, but I would rather have quick access to changing my diff than belt tension which doesn't really change once set.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:04 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Ah, no that wasn't exactly what I said or meant. I've never owned the 6 or the 6 evo. I said "Schumacher" and it was a generalization. Again, sorry for the lack of clarity but then again I didn't realize it would get to this point.

Bottom line, it would be nice to see someone incorporate easy to remove diffs or easy to install pinions, maybe something like on the older Schumacher cars. Lol.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:09 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
Ah, no that wasn't exactly what I said or meant. I've never owned the 6 or the 6 evo. I said "Schumacher" and it was a generalization. Again, sorry for the lack of clarity but then again I didn't realize it would get to this point.

Bottom line, it would be nice to see someone incorporate easy to remove diffs or easy to install pinions, maybe something like on the older Schumacher cars. Lol.
Kinda like this? (starts at 2:02)
Old 06-02-2018, 04:55 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ASM

Ah yes unfortunately Schumacher ditched the easy access part with their latest car.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Our track is switching from a low/medium grey carpet to crc black carpet. I'm curious to get thoughts on what is the way to update my 7.1. I will be running USGT and 17.5. I have both AE aluminum and fenix chassis. I have seen people running standard read ends, 1up DTC, and seen people talking about BD8 rear hubs helping. I'm not planning in switching to new 7.2 (or 8) when released or go to another car. Just looking to make a smart choice in what will help the car the most.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Rookie

The changes mentioned on the 7.2 sound very similiar to the changes Yokomo made on the BD8 which has not worked out very for Yokomo .Anyone hear anything else on the new car? Release date,
etc
Old 06-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ctennispro225
Our track is switching from a low/medium grey carpet to crc black carpet. I'm curious to get thoughts on what is the way to update my 7.1. I will be running USGT and 17.5. I have both AE aluminum and fenix chassis. I have seen people running standard read ends, 1up DTC, and seen people talking about BD8 rear hubs helping. I'm not planning in switching to new 7.2 (or 8) when released or go to another car. Just looking to make a smart choice in what will help the car the most.

Thanks in advance
I've been running the 7.1 on Black CRC for over a year now. the solid Aluminum AE chassis has worked well. Most set-ups for black carpet, have been using the standard rear end (No DTC) mounted servo stands (1Up racing)
JC3 likes this.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
I've been running the 7.1 on Black CRC for over a year now. the solid Aluminum AE chassis has worked well. Most set-ups for black carpet, have been using the standard rear end (No DTC) mounted servo stands (1Up racing)
thanks for the response. That is what I was looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.