Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tunnelhead
Has anyone experenced their two stage tyres seperating? Seperated from the inner and outter foam. Used TQ Orange addative.

CA will work, but it may cause a little push if you do the fronts on a track that does not have a lot of bite. But what really helps is a little more camber, about 1/2 degree more than you usually run. A shorter upper suspension link helps as well which will give you more camber gain when the tire is really loaded the most.

I run 1 1/2 degree camber in front with no problems at all.

Ted
Old 12-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

anyone else seem to be cracking the rims on there 2 stage stuff?i have raced foams for like 3 years...and i ran my 1st set of wraps fridaynight and me and some others are cracking them alot more than the other harder foams like my purples and plaids.....??? i busted more friday than i have in my 3 years..is it just me ?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

tunnelhead- It is more "ripping" than separating. Try Ted's suggestions because they work.
BiggAlz- I really haven't heard about rims breaking recently, although I'm sure they will if the impact is hard enough. As the weather cools down, the nylon loses moisture and the wheels become more rigid. You may try soaking the tires and wheels in a bucket of water! Believe it or not, this will make the wheels softer and less prone to breakage. Do not boil them!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

ok it was just odd to me...i have never had this problem with jacos till i bought some of these new ones...
Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Make sure the edges are rounded real good. If they are square, the tire will seperate easier. A little more camber does seem to help also.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ted Flack
CA will work, but it may cause a little push if you do the fronts on a track that does not have a lot of bite. But what really helps is a little more camber, about 1/2 degree more than you usually run. A shorter upper suspension link helps as well which will give you more camber gain when the tire is really loaded the most.

I run 1 1/2 degree camber in front with no problems at all.

Ted
These tips worked for me this past weekend pretty well. I run the shortest links front and rear with 6.75d caster and 1.0d/2.25d camber fr/rr. One set cut to 58mm lasted one practice, six qualifiers and two mains (stk/19t) without chunking, cracking, seperating, exploding or disintegrating. The final run in the 19t main had them starting at 55.6mm trued flat. I also use a file to make the outer edges of the rears a near 45d angle down to the top of the inner foam ring.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jack, please check PM
Old 01-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Jack- I wanted to stop in a says Thanks for yours and Danny's help putting on the race this weekend at Thunder Road!
It was a GREAT race! That is what Ernie needed, even though the turn out was small, the racig went off without a hitch! That kind of program will for sure get a good word out about the track. It should only grow from there.

I just wish I had paid more attention when putting my car back together for the main I wanted to get to run one race with Paul since we were in seperate heats in the quals.

It was good to see the "special guest" run so well in TC also, that dude can wheel anything! LOL

Anthony Saunders
Old 05-29-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default 1:12 tire shore rating?

Time for a silly question maybe Is the colour coding system of Jaco 1:12 tires the same as TRC's? ie are Jaco Purple's approx 40 shore rating, Pink 30 etc etc?? Is it an industry standard colour coding system?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jack Rimer ygpm question for ya,
Old 10-31-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Any new design ideas to reduce the tearing\ripping of the 2-stage tire?

Maybe rounding the inner layer at the edges and then gluing the outer layer which will seal around the rounded edge? Like rubber-capped tires for outdoor oval. This will probably add another step in the manufacturing process, but hey just charge a little more.

Last edited by Apex; 10-31-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:28 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Any new design ideas to reduce the tearing\ripping of the 2-stage tire?

Maybe rounding the inner layer at the edges and then gluing the outer layer which will seal around the rounded edge? Like rubber-capped tires for outdoor oval. This will probably add another step in the manufacturing process, but hey just charge a little more.
The best thing we have found is to either really round the outter ring with truing the tires and this will also make th car a little easier to drive on high bite tracks as it will take a little side bite away.

The other thing is to true them like normal and put them on the car. With no motor in the car take a wheel wrench and put it on one wheel and spin it by hand. Then take a bottle of good quality CA and hold it almost level with the table tip against the wheel and lightly squeeze the bottle till glue comes out. Keep spinning the wheel with the other hand and this will put a perfect bead of glue along the sidewall of the tire. You can vary how tall it is. Usually the fronts we do all the way out to the edge of the tire and the rears we just barely go past the seam. Try it on some old tires first but onces you get it perfected you'll have Zero problems!!

EA
Old 10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you are not sponsored by jaco or a millionaire, then you are a sucker for buying jaco products. thier wheels are plain garbage. they shatter or fall off if you even look at them wrong. i plan on bashing jaco tires relentlessly until i am refunded the 3-4 hundred dollars i have thrown in the trash by buying these tires. ahhh, the internet is a wonderful thing.

and btw, i am not a novice. I have been racing for 15 years, and I have never seen a worse product and flat out lies by a company. yeah, no problems with your rims my ass. garbage. garbage. garbage.

Jaco, we don't all get our tires for free, so i hope u go out of business from screwing racers year time and time again. feel free to paypal me if your cold dead heart has anything left in it.

To summarize: jaco rims are the most worthless product ever. seriously. please go out of business.

Thank you.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

i know alot of people were having problem with the wrap tearing away at the edges but after runngi them all weekend at the gat i didnt have one come apart on me and i glued just past the wrap line so after talking with ray he told me that jaco has started to use a little moe glue to hold the wrap down better so this does not happen any more .
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lonepalm4
If you are not sponsored by jaco or a millionaire, then you are a sucker for buying jaco products. thier wheels are plain garbage. they shatter or fall off if you even look at them wrong. i plan on bashing jaco tires relentlessly until i am refunded the 3-4 hundred dollars i have thrown in the trash by buying these tires. ahhh, the internet is a wonderful thing.

and btw, i am not a novice. I have been racing for 15 years, and I have never seen a worse product and flat out lies by a company. yeah, no problems with your rims my ass. garbage. garbage. garbage.

Jaco, we don't all get our tires for free, so i hope u go out of business from screwing racers year time and time again. feel free to paypal me if your cold dead heart has anything left in it.

To summarize: jaco rims are the most worthless product ever. seriously. please go out of business.

Thank you.
I detect a hint of resentment in your post. Since you have a choice in tires, please exercise that choice and crash someone elses product relentlessly into the boards. Then you can showcase your immaturity to them in a public forum. You are not a novice... you just suck at driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.