Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Matt Francis used JACO 2-stage tires to win 19t as well. As far as them peeling up, if you run more static camber, -1.5 to -2 in the front and -2 in the rear, this will not be a problem. Also as Jack stated earlier make sure you round them a bit more than you would a normal tire. If you do this you can run them all the way down with no problem. All of the Losi guys started their tires right around 57mm, and as the weekend went on we found that new tires were the way to go, with no glue on the sidewalls.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dayger
What also helps the two-staged tires not to tear up is changing the link setting in the rear....making the car not role over on the outer edge of the rear tire. I can get run after run without tearing up the tires just by shortening, and running the link at more of an angle
Found out the same exact thing last week. I'm running shorter links with about a 3d angle and 2d of rear camber. I haven't had to CA the outer sidewalls since.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Double pink or pink/orange

Question about double pink/ pink or pink/orangle pink. Basically I understand these to be cyan/magenta.

What is the mayor difference between the double pink fronts and pink/orange fronts. Would like to try these out for 19T. Would like warps but cost more and hard to get.

So trying to find out what the preference or wear is on the double pink or pink/orange tires.

Thanks...
Old 12-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

I'm really loving these two stage tires!

It took me a little time to dial in the right setup for stock, to keep the rear end rotation just free enough and also keep the rears from chunking without CA. But I'm now able to just cut them down and run them all the way to the minimum allowed diameter of 55.5, without any loss of traction. As a matter of fact, the closer they are to 55.5, the better the car handles. They're only wearing 2 to 3 tenths a mm per run as well.

Great R&D work on the tires boys!

Last edited by teamgp; 12-14-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
I'm really loving these two stage tires!

It took me a little time to dial in the right setup for stock, to keep the rear end rotation just free enough and also keep the rears from chunking without CA. But I'm now able to just cut them down and run them all the way to the minimum allowed diameter of 55.5, without any loss of traction. As a matter of fact, the closer they are to 55.5, the better the car handles. They're only wearing 2 to 3 tenths a mm per run as well.

Great R&D work on the tires boys!

I agree, i ran the 2 stage tires for the first time, on the weekend, there GREAT, they wear slower then the regular tires!

I trued them down to 60mm and rounded the edges more then usual, the car felt way more stable then with the regular JACO tires, i really happy with these!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alex_kipper
I agree, i ran the 2 stage tires for the first time, on the weekend, there GREAT, they wear slower then the regular tires!

I trued them down to 60mm and rounded the edges more then usual, the car felt way more stable then with the regular JACO tires, i really happy with these!
I'm trueing mine down to 58.5mm and rounding the rear outer edges almost to a 45d angle down to the inner foam layer, which pretty much eliminates chunking without loss of rear end grip. I'm getting approximately ten runs out of them this way, with only two changes in ride height where I start at 4.5mm fr/rr (@ 58.5, 57.5 and 56.5mm) and reset the ride height after the last run where I'm clearing 4mm ride height. This way the cars handling stays pretty consistent throughout the life of the tires.

I'm also using the new Paragon odorless traction compound. With this combination, I've found that they really need to be sauced before every run. I can skip a run, but the traction doesn't really come in for a couple laps if I do.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ten runs. Thats it. I can get atleast 20 runs out of my regular foams and I usually start at 58mm.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Ive ran these tires for 5 weeks now. I get about 8-10 runs from them when I start at 58mm. The best thing I've noticed is that they have a very consistent feel between 58mm and 56mm whereas with the regular foam I could always tell when running a taller (58mm) tire.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Maybe a dumb question, but here it goes. Why don't tire manufactures sell tires at 60mm instead of 64/65 (whatever)? Wouldn't it save them money on material, and save us money since we're not throwing away 4 mm of foam right out of the box? Anyone?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Maybe a dumb question, but here it goes. Why don't tire manufactures sell tires at 60mm instead of 64/65 (whatever)? Wouldn't it save them money on material, and save us money since we're not throwing away 4 mm of foam right out of the box? Anyone?
team crc has the same idea as you. check out their pro cut tires.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I love these foams...But they do wear very fast. I trued mine down to 58mm and only got 8 runs out of them.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Start them a little higher and they should run just as well, but wear better.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Jack. I'm gonna be honest. Those foams at 59mm dont handle all that great. Well for my FK'05 they didn't. I had tried them at 59mm.

Its all good though. I will continue to use them. Its the price you gotta pay to make your car handle awesome. These foams at 57mm are insane.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anyone experenced their two stage tyres seperating? Seperated from the inner and outter foam. Used TQ Orange addative.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tunnelhead
Has anyone experenced their two stage tyres seperating? Seperated from the inner and outter foam. Used TQ Orange addative.
i ran them this past weekend for the first time at the NWCC in stockton. I had heard about them peeling so I CA'd them. On the front outside the full sidewall and on the rear and insides i only CA'd the inner most edge. Ran them at 57.5 and raced at 57 and had no peeling problems. oh i also ran a significant amount of chamber and adjusted for tire wearing closer to level or even. hope this helps some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.