R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   JACO tire news (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/79289-jaco-tire-news.html)

Jack Rimer 07-28-2005 11:12 AM

JACO tire news

Effective September 1, 2005 JACO will implement a significant price reduction on the most popular items in our line. Namely, all the "exotic" compounds for 1/12, 1/10, and sedan. In addition we have redesigned our 1/12 rim to be stronger and are molding all our wheels in a tougher plastic. We feel it is our responsibility to the racer to be the leader not only in performance, but also in quality. We are not compelled to be the cheapest tire on the market. We just want consumers to feel that when they purchase our products that they are getting what they paid for.
By lowering the prices on our normal line, this makes room for our new "patent pending" 2- stage tires that are finally being released to the masses. The list price on these tires is slightly higher than our current pricing, but the performance justifies the cost. We are introducing 1/12 and nitro sedan tires immediately with other tires in our line to follow. For those that don't know, these tires won both the ROAR 1/12 mod title and the 1/10 ROAR gas sedan title in the last few months.

timmay70 07-28-2005 12:47 PM

are these two stage tires only meant for asphalt, or are they intended for both?

crimson eagle 07-28-2005 01:02 PM

Jack,

Can you give us some info on how these new tires are better than existing (12th scale)? I'd also like to know if these new tires will have a shorter or longer lifespan than the existing tires. Basically anything you can tell us will be most appreciated.

I like Jaco rubber a lot, the only problem I have is with the wheels, particularly the fronts.

Thanks,

Chris

6g72tt 07-28-2005 02:07 PM

just picked up three piars of Jaco's last night..

Jack Rimer 07-28-2005 03:03 PM

The new tires work on carpet and asphalt. Our testing has shown that they wear better than standard foam. With these tires you will run a slightly firmer tire on the rear. They are lighter and have much more bite than regular foams. On asphalt they will plant the car more. On carpet you will carry more corner speed and have greater acceleration.

TimPotter 07-28-2005 03:15 PM

JAck, when can we get the new 2 stage foams, and can you list the types ( ratings) that you have ?

ALBERTO 07-28-2005 03:21 PM

this is good new!!!!!! I'm tired of giving Trinity my hard earned cash, they dont desurve it at all.... cant wait please keep us informed :nod: :nod:

6g72tt 07-28-2005 03:23 PM

does jaco have a website, to read up on the tires? both new and old...

psbarger 07-28-2005 03:27 PM

Are part numbers released yet? If somebody could list them I'd like to get a few sets on order.....

Korgae 07-28-2005 04:11 PM

Jaco's web page is www.jacoracing.net

All the compounds and details of our regular Nitro Shoes are online. The new tires have just launched, pics must be taken and a new flast area created to reflect the recent race results.

Expect to see a update with in the next few weeks.

Hyperform Racing 07-28-2005 04:42 PM

Very cool Jack! With the current tires out now, we can pretty much run them down to the rim in 12th with lowered rear pods and the such. With two stage, how thick is the inner layer and how far can you run the outer layer down before performance is compromised? Best of luck with the new line...

Jack Rimer 07-28-2005 06:15 PM

I will get Korgae a list to post on our site of all the new part numbers. The tires are available immediately, but give it a few weeks to get into the system (especially for 1/12 scale). I will have to check on the base OD. I don't know it off hand. I should, but I've forgotten. We are offering double pink 1/12 rears and double pink or purple fronts. One of these combinations works about everywhere. You will always run harder rears with these tires as they get so much bite it is a necessity.

teamgp 07-29-2005 05:34 AM

When will the nitro shoes prices go down at places like stormer hobbies?

Josh Cyrul 07-29-2005 07:07 AM

Hyper:

TC tires can be run down to 57.5-58mm - normal minimum size for nitro TC's.

1/12 can be run as low as 1.64 (41.75mm).

Chris08527 07-29-2005 07:13 AM

josh

is 57.5/58 your first cut or do you cut them a little bigger and then run them down to 57/58???

chris08527