Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The 26mm tires are very popular since the introduction in Vegas, Since then our full team has run them in every class ( Stock, 19 and mod) with very strong finishes and major event wins.

The wheel is very very strong, and with people getting use to the changes you need to make when running the 2 stages tires, we are hearing only good things about them from racers

Hope this helps.

Korgae
Old 02-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korgae
The 26mm tires are very popular since the introduction in Vegas, Since then our full team has run them in every class ( Stock, 19 and mod) with very strong finishes and major event wins.

The wheel is very very strong, and with people getting use to the changes you need to make when running the 2 stages tires, we are hearing only good things about them from racers

Hope this helps.

Korgae
Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for pointing that out, We will get it changed asap.

You are correct, it should be JAC4160 Double Pink/Orange Front.
With the matching rear being the JAC4156 Double Pink Rear.
No problem
Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hope this helps.

Korgae
Have people found a way to prevent them from pealing after anywhere from 2-4 runs?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

IMO there are two reasons foam tires tear from the rim or from the wrap.

A. You're tapping boards and the foam tears from the rim for the obvious reason. Thsi will happen no matter what glue you use or how well set up your car is.

B. You're not hitting boards, but your wheel is rolling over too much in cornering causing the foam'rim seperation.

The solution to A is to practice and driver cleaner.

The answer to B is some combination of either more static camber and/or more negative camber gain (raising the outer camber link up)

Someone please correct me if this is incorrect. It is just based on my experience.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
Have people found a way to prevent them from pealing after anywhere from 2-4 runs?
I have changed the way I true my tires and round them and havent chunked or peeled a tire since Cleveland Indoor Champs. I true my tires down to my size and then take a file or sandpaper and knock the outside edge even with the rim so it doesnt stick out past the rim. Then I round the edges very good. Havent had to glue them and havent had one peel since doing it this way.

If you do want to glue the sidewalls in extreme traction cases then after you cutt the sideway down and before you round the edges take the wheels off the truer and glue the edges good. Then put them back on the truer (after glue has dried) and round your edges. Then you will come out with perfect CA and no peeling!!

EA
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i do the same sequence as EA.. but i actually allow the rim to stick out just a little... almost beveling the tire ever so slightly.. definately round the corners helps a lot!!

EA!! your wife was really twisting my arm to make it to VEGAS this year she said to bring my girl also..... gonna be a girls' night out or something...
(we were hanging out the last night at THE BAR playing pool with ya!!!)

arvin
Old 02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Arvin,

Yea she REALLY likes Vegas!!! Im already saving up for that trip as she likes to play roulette You should go out for that...Its an awesome race and a great time!

EA
Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

I do pretty much the same as EA, but I started doin it cuz I just didn't like the tire hangin off the rim like that, and mine seem to be stayin together pretty well. I haven't put the tire back on the truer after gluing tho. I just glue the inner wrap on the rear, and just past the wrap on the front. Again, if you need to get rid of some side bite, try going higher with the glue.

EA, why would you wanna wait for the glue to dry before putting the tire on the truer?

Vegas was good times! The girls seemed to be on a roll out there this year.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have shore rateings for jaco 2 stage 1\12th tiers? Thanks