Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
The new 26mm wheels are unbelievably durable. I have yet to see one break. They are actually gas car wheels so they are made to stand up to some serious abuse.
Give a set to lonepalm4; I'll bet he breaks them

I ran Jaco tires for the last several years, and had no issues with rims cracking or breaking from normal use. Sure, I had a couple break here and there (mainly in nitro), but that is part of racing, IMO. If you stay off the boards, tires don't chunk and rims don't crack.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Jack,

Do you have any plans on making new Nitro Shoes to accommodate sedan quick change axles like those on the Team Magic car?

Right now it looks like only K-factory has wheels for the new axle system. I don't know what foam K-factory uses but I sure would like to stick your tires for next season.

Mark
Old 11-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Speaking of nitro durability I had an impact hard enough to snap a hardened steel stub axle last summer and my nitro shoes came like nother ever happened.

Mark
Old 11-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is the last thing I will say in this forum: my real issue is the total denial about the issue with the rims that has been said in the past. yes, the new ones are much better, but in the past Jack has always said there was never an issue with the rims, yet the mysteriously switch to serpent rims on gas tires, and beef up the front rim on the 1/12 when neither has ever been a problem according to Jack. This is why i'm pissed. If the problem had just been addressed back then and he had said they were working on fixing it and would make it right, I could live with that. But saying if you break a rim of theirs, then it's your driving is just stupid. enough said. i'm done in this forum.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Anyword on this new compound yellow I have heard of?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think that was what Jack said at all!!! Your first post attacked him and his product, he was defending himself and his tires.
If you would have sent the broken wheels in he would have taken care of it.

Jack, as always keep up the great work!!!

Walter
Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lonepalm4
This is the last thing I will say in this forum: my real issue is the total denial about the issue with the rims that has been said in the past. yes, the new ones are much better, but in the past Jack has always said there was never an issue with the rims, yet the mysteriously switch to serpent rims on gas tires, and beef up the front rim on the 1/12 when neither has ever been a problem according to Jack. This is why i'm pissed. If the problem had just been addressed back then and he had said they were working on fixing it and would make it right, I could live with that. But saying if you break a rim of theirs, then it's your driving is just stupid. enough said. i'm done in this forum.
There has never been any denial on the part of Jaco and Jack about breakage...they have always handled the problems in a most professional manner when approach by customers who were unsatisfied. As to the switch to the serpent wheel...well i happen to know the idea was brought about not mysteriously but simply his employees looking for an even better combination to improve the product line for the racers as the company has always done. I pwesonally have never been a racer nor will I ever be one but I do happen to know Jaqck and am quite happy and proud to call him a friend. Keep on doing things the way you always have Jack!!!

Jim
Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lonepalm4
i'm done in this forum.
Thank you, Good Bye.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I totally shattered a double pink hitting the barrier. Or is it slamming in to the bearer at warp speed more like it.

I'm a very untalented driver but I have only had the one break on me through all the wreckless driving I have done this year.

I have switched from the TRC after running a few pairs and definitely like jaco better.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I might be wrong, but I thought Trinity aka TRC switched to Jaco and not GRP's any longer. I know that there are still some of the old TRC/GRP tires on the shelves.

I must also give you credit for helping lower the cost of racing by making your tires more affordable. My lhs still sells Jaco's for $23 a set. I can get them all day for less than $13 a set online.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What is the recommended metod of prep for the new 26mm 2-stage tires?

Is a coating of CA on the outside still recommended?

What about starting tire diameter for a club race with the 26mm tires?

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

ChrisP,

I've been running these tires since they were available, most of us start them out @ 58mm for club racing. Typically you'll get between 8 to 12 runs out of a set if the car's set-up properly. I run a small line of glue in the seam where the 2 stages meet after truing.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick response...sure beats trial and error
Old 11-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hi Chris P,

Tire wear depends on the track but the 26mm tires have a lot smaller wrap and can be run down to around 53.5mm before the outter layer is gone. Ive ran mine this small at club races

Try not to take the glue off the outside edge when truing the tires. If you do then make sure you put a very small amount around the seam as TC Guys said. Also round the outter layer a little more than normal....This will take away any chance of the outter layer peeling if you get in an accident and such.

EA
Old 02-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

does anyone know where to get the new jaco wraps 2 stage with the spoke wheel. let me know thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.