Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhackett
I was just wondering, made the jump from LRP to Novak b/c the word was that the neo was having major issues. Well, Put the GTB 6.5 in and nothing! The fan came on and that was it! wouldn't even go into programming! Then my brother ran his new this weekend, forgive me I know this is the on-road section but the Novak thread was here. Every time he ran it it went into theremal protection. He used the lowest pinon recommended for off road and it over heated after about 4 min. Dropped the pinion another tooth and it would go into thermal protection as soon as the car stopped at the end of the main. The worst part it was SLOW! Ten double equivelent, not even close! Both of use are think refund on a piece of S*&T right now! Anyone have anything to help? By the way if any one is wondering between the two of us we have almost forty years of racing experience and both have trained electronics experience! Everything was done Right!
Brian, I bought a GTB and out of the box it was bad. The motor would not run at times. I had to turn the motor by hand to get it to spin. This was a brandnew 5800 motor also. The mottor was fine. Novak said it was a bad transistor.

I went with Novak because I heard of a couple propblems with LRP. Next time I will go with my gut. Should have got LRP.

So now after $16.88 in shipping to get it to Cali in a decent time. And 2 weeks later. I am still waiting on the ESC and motor to come back. Nice way to spend $250 bucks
Old 12-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

brianhackett,
i sent you a PM
Old 12-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Hey Guys, If you like, you can email me directly to get updates on the status of your Order. I can let you know when it's received, and how long before it's back out to you.

[email protected]

the [email protected] email was not working, but it's now fixed, so you can use either. I get them both.

Thanks Guys.

Charlie
Old 12-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi Charlie,

Where can i purchase a replacement fan for my GTB? First race of the night it was running fine, the next battery pack installed, switched on, and the fan doesnt rotate anymore. Took it off to see if anything was wrong, but nothing i could see. Is there any warranty on the GTB system? (Im stuck at work so not able to have a look for any warranty etc). I absolutely love the system. I have the 5.5R and couldnt be happier. Also the GTB hasnt thermalled yet now that the fan has stopped, but id rather fix it before it thermals. Many thanks Charlie.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

OK now I have my GTB back and 5800 motor. When I hit the throttle the motor studers. Once it is up to speed it no longer does this. It seems it does it under load. Has any one had this problem?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

GDay Guzs.
Been reading thru the thread here . Just wanted to post my experiences with the brushless motors( After reading so many variables with comparison to the brushed motors) The son and i have been running brushless for some time now The old faithful 5800 now where near the speed of the 8's and lower except on tight tracks where it seemed to be equal to these thru short corner sections. It keeps up with the 9s and above. At our recent titles here we had the chance to run a borrowed 6.5 with a lrp esc The setup was absolutley AWESOME The track we used was a purpose built Gp track The 6.5 was well on the pace with the 6 n 7 turn brushed motors used the son actually came in 2nd place in modified ABSOLUTELY BALISTIC performance out of this unit .I was SOOOOOOOO impressed i have just taken possesion of a 5.5 system and hopefully will be trying this out in the next couple of days. If it is better than the 6.5 these units will be absolutely pace setters and will OPEN the eyes of a lot of brushed motor only guyz.
Well Done NOVAk
Old 12-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted
GDay Guzs.
Been reading thru the thread here . Just wanted to post my experiences with the brushless motors( After reading so many variables with comparison to the brushed motors) The son and i have been running brushless for some time now The old faithful 5800 now where near the speed of the 8's and lower except on tight tracks where it seemed to be equal to these thru short corner sections. It keeps up with the 9s and above. At our recent titles here we had the chance to run a borrowed 6.5 with a lrp esc The setup was absolutley AWESOME The track we used was a purpose built Gp track The 6.5 was well on the pace with the 6 n 7 turn brushed motors used the son actually came in 2nd place in modified ABSOLUTELY BALISTIC performance out of this unit .I was SOOOOOOOO impressed i have just taken possesion of a 5.5 system and hopefully will be trying this out in the next couple of days. If it is better than the 6.5 these units will be absolutely pace setters and will OPEN the eyes of a lot of brushed motor only guyz.
Well Done NOVAk

Addicted:
What set up are you using at the moment in terms of charger and cells?
What kind of track and gearing do you run on?

I have had the ss5800(original not ss) and i loved it.
Liked it so much i bought a GTB 5.5!! but i bash around in a wide open area. Fast but like anything else, you get used to it. Without a venom speed meter i can't tell the top speed.
Have no idea how it compares to a 7-8t in race tune.

Running old 3300's atm.. would love to try some ib3800's for voltage.

i have NEVER had a problem with my systems and have e-mailed charlie at novak so many times with great prompt replies. Great customer service from those guys.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Addicted:
What set up are you using at the moment in terms of charger and cells?
What kind of track and gearing do you run on?

I have had the ss5800(original not ss) and i loved it.
Liked it so much i bought a GTB 5.5!! but i bash around in a wide open area. Fast but like anything else, you get used to it. Without a venom speed meter i can't tell the top speed.
Have no idea how it compares to a 7-8t in race tune.

Running old 3300's atm.. would love to try some ib3800's for voltage.

i have NEVER had a problem with my systems and have e-mailed charlie at novak so many times with great prompt replies. Great customer service from those guys.
Hey Angry
We are running Harris cells IB3800's Top packs( give scot a holla and tell him i sent u if u r after batts) With a CDC Ver6.0 charger.
Running in a well used and reliable tc3 ,69spur , 27 pin was darn close to thermal. just scrapped thru with 400ma left in packs.
I havent (as mentioned) had a chance to run the 5.5 as yet so setup is a bit unknown ..
I have read a fair bit of the thread Charlie seems a top bloke No doubt i will mail him some stage ,hopefully not with a problem though.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Novak SuperSport Brushless Motor Upgrade Kit

Has anyone here tried the Novak SuperSport Brushless Motor Upgrade Kit found here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLHC4&P=7

Is it worth it? Will I get 5.5 speeds with it? Reports and reviews on this product welcome. Thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I have a gtb for sale with a 5.5 turn and i am asking 200 dollars.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aries326
Has anyone here tried the Novak SuperSport Brushless Motor Upgrade Kit found here:

Is it worth it? Will I get 5.5 speeds with it? Reports and reviews on this product welcome. Thanks!!!
Well since you havent changed the wind of the motor I dont see much of a performance (speed) change. I think the magnet is made of a better material and that MIGHT make a small difference and the bigger bearing will give you longer bearing life but it wont make it a 5.5
Old 01-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Addicted:
Fast but like anything else, you get used to it. Without a venom speed meter i can't tell the top speed.
I thought I had a problem with my gtb and found out after racing against someone that it was just me getting used to it.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LMAO!!!

mate... i was wondering how you were getting on with your GTB.
Good to hear things have worked out!

incidentally, HOW DOES your gtb compare to the other guys? what are they running? can you keep up? pass? speeds?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aries326

You won't gain anything besides strength. That upgraded rotor looks a lot more heavy duty then the regular ones.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMAO!!!

mate... i was wondering how you were getting on with your GTB.
Good to hear things have worked out!

incidentally, HOW DOES your gtb compare to the other guys? what are they running? can you keep up? pass? speeds?
I'll find out this weekend, I was racing an other brushed motor which I was slightly faster than in top end and around the middle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.