Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey has anyone tried the front oneways from techracing? What do you think about them? And how does the car handle on a medium bit surface with the oneway?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

I use the oneway. Like all oneways in touring cars, you will need to change your driving style to take full advantage of it. If you let off of the throttle, the rear end will begin to swing around, however you can counter this with a setup change. My laptimes have increased compared to a TCS legal F201, but part of that also contributes to the elimination of the bump steer.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

How do you remove the bump steer ?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCsilly
The easy way is to purchase the bump steering linkages from FPM racing from the Formula1rc website. The more difficult way is to try and invert the steering knuckle ball end, then reattached the steering linkages without binding up the suspension, steering linkage, and bellcrank.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCsilly
There are a set of bent steering arms from www.formula1-rc.com
that will remove most of it. Not TCS legal....
Old 04-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys ,
I just finished my car , BAR / Honda , and will be racing it in a team series here in Michigan starting in May , hop ups allowed , spec brushs in a monster , spec battery , type A's , std or speed gears ,are the only requirments.
Can someone Email me a good starting setup for smooth asphalt , w/ stock shock pistons , and one with the #2 & #3 s.
thanks in advance
Bob
Old 04-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
newbie question?

Hi guys, hope you can help with me with my problem. There seems to be a "play/slop" in my front shaft. There seems to be a space where in I can move the shaft front and back. When on-power, it is also moving front and back. What can I do to stop this? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

newbie questions?

Hi guys, hope you can help with me with my problem. There seems to be a "play/slop" in my front shaft. There seems to be a space where in I can move the shaft front and back. When on-power, it is also moving front and back. What can I do to stop this? Thanks.

Also, can i use the Reinforced Lower Arms as Upper arms?

jygs

Old 04-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: newbie questions?

Originally posted by badboy

Also, can i use the Reinforced Lower Arms as Upper arms?

jygs

You can't take the slop out of the shaft unless you stuff the inside of the cup. But if you do that, you risk binding the shaft. You can try using the reinforced arms on top, I haven't tried it but there is one guy here that has. But he is a machinist, and has altered a few things to make it work.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Neil : Thanks! Would you know what parts he altered? Also, what gearing would you suggest for a Tamiya Type T motor, the Stock Gears or the Speedtuned gears?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

I'm hoping someone can help with a spring question.
I purchased the hop-up spring set with the 3 pairs of springs. Are the stock springs more or less firm than the performance set? I put #60 oil in the rear shocks, 1 hole piston and used a .3mm shim between the shaft and piston c-clip and installed the medium springs and the rear still feels soft. Any suggestions?
I run TCS.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by badboy
Neil : Thanks! Would you know what parts he altered?
His car is completely altered. He made his own chassis, used a mono front shock suspension, took out the front bump steer, altered rear toe blocks so it's mounted in front of the wheels, changed rear shock mounts to increase angle, made his own carbon stiffeners, etc. That's all that I was able to see.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by StoneMan
I'm hoping someone can help with a spring question.
I purchased the hop-up spring set with the 3 pairs of springs. Are the stock springs more or less firm than the performance set?
The stock springs are similar to the med springs.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tire Warmers

Hey guys,

Whats the story with Tyre Warmers?? Can you just use touring car tire warmers like the Speedmind Set or the Trinity Set to warm up the F201 Tyres???

I am really curious as its getting close to winter and we are already noticing that we have to go to our softest compound at race meetings.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tire Warmers

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Whats the story with Tyre Warmers?? Can you just use touring car tire warmers like the Speedmind Set or the Trinity Set to warm up the F201 Tyres???
You can use regular tire warmers. The F201 tires are smaller than touring car tires and will fit within the warmers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.