Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys, I was looking at information about this car online got the past few days. It seems pretty nice. I have never had a 1/10 electric car only a tg10r and how a serpent 710 (nitro).

How do you guys like this cars? are they are tunable as a touring car?

thanks! any info would be apreciated
Old 04-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Profoxcg
hi guys, I was looking at information about this car online got the past few days. It seems pretty nice. I have never had a 1/10 electric car only a tg10r and how a serpent 710 (nitro).

They are total sh**! Believe me, i'm a 11 year Tamiya challenge veteran. If you have the option to go for a touring do that!
The biggest mistake Tamiya ever made was go from a very good car (F103) to this heap of bolts. Sure they look more realistic then the F103's, but thats the only good thing about them.

Regards
Old 04-18-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

I like the car heaps its so much fun to drive. the f201 is just as tunable as any touring car, you can adjust ride height by adjusting the push rod, camber, toe. a serpent 710 handles better and is easier to drive though but for a tamiya its pretty good
Old 04-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
They are total sh**! Believe me, i'm a 11 year Tamiya challenge veteran. If you have the option to go for a touring do that!
The biggest mistake Tamiya ever made was go from a very good car (F103) to this heap of bolts. Sure they look more realistic then the F103's, but thats the only good thing about them.

Regards
Opinions are like assholes and some are bigger than other - like this one. Do you have an F201? Do you have an F103?
Comparing them is like comparing nitro to electric, 2 totally different cars. After racing the F201 almost 2 years this is the second time I have ever heard that some one likes the F103 better then the F201....
Old 04-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
Opinions are like assholes and some are bigger than other - like this one. Do you have an F201? Do you have an F103?
Comparing them is like comparing nitro to electric, 2 totally different cars. After racing the F201 almost 2 years this is the second time I have ever heard that some one likes the F103 better then the F201....
Yes i do own both. And if this is only the second time you heard anyone say that the F103 is better leaves me to believe you need to get to the track more. But i can see where you are comming from, you probebly can't drive direct drive cars.

If a person can't boast his oppinion we might aswell go back to the dark ages where no one was allowed to speak their mind.

Regards
Old 04-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Yes i do own both. And if this is only the second time you heard anyone say that the F103 is better leaves me to believe you need to get to the track more. But i can see where you are comming from, you probebly can't drive direct drive cars.

If a person can't boast his oppinion we might aswell go back to the dark ages where no one was allowed to speak their mind.

Regards
OK, reading is fun-de-mental Try it sometime...
1. I race everyweekend ( including TCS races )
2. Yes, you are only the second person ( out of 200-300 people)
3. Boasting an opinion dunno what that is dude.
4. Do they even make direct drive any more?
5. To quote "They are total sh**! Believe me, i'm a 11 year Tamiya challenge veteran." What other cars do you have?
Have you tried other cars?

And yes, you are allowed to speak.. Hell everyone is allowed to speak.. Just try and make your point or any point with facts/etc like I did.

Now I have to go work on my RC steam engine... I hear they are coming out with gas soon...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

I race in our national TCS races in both F1 and GT classes. After 3 races this year i'm first in both classes. Check it at our national Tamiya site.
If you realy want a list of the cars i own here goes;

Asso Factory team TC3 x2
Asso RC12L3
Tamiya TA04TRF + a spare TA04Rtuned
Tamiya TB02
Tamiya F201
Tamiya F103 x2 (1 in F1 trim, the other with GT body)

These are the cars i use for racing. I have more but i no longer race them.

"Boasting an oppinion" is speaking your mind.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

so in other words... I should not waste my money on this car??? and concentrate on my 710?
Old 04-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

so in other words... I should not waste my money on this car??? and concentrate on my 710?
I never said you shouldn't "waste money" on this car. I just pointed out that there are other "better" options out there. If you are used to a good car like your 710, you need an electric car that is up to par with that. The F201 just isn't. Now if you like Tamiya then go for a "415" or an "TBevo3".

Regards
Old 04-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

I race in our national TCS races in both F1 and GT classes. After 3 races this year i'm first in both classes. Check it at our national Tamiya site.
If you realy want a list of the cars i own here goes;

Asso Factory team TC3 x2
Asso RC12L3
Tamiya TA04TRF + a spare TA04Rtuned
Tamiya TB02
Tamiya F201
Tamiya F103 x2 (1 in F1 trim, the other with GT body)

These are the cars i use for racing. I have more but i no longer race them.

"Boasting an oppinion" is speaking your mind.
Oh... It's a Belgium thing then..

I have: Electric: 2 F201, Tamiya Road wizard, 2 TC3, Traxxas 4-tec to go along with my nitro cars 4-tec and Trinity Reflex.
BTW read up on RCaction, RCdriver, X-treme Max amounst others who put the F201 as one of the top electric cars to come out of Tamiya and a improvement on the F1 series from Tamiya.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Depends if you want a F1 car or not...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Wink

I see what you are saying. well thanks for the advice. I'll keep following this thread though, as i like F1. I thought it this car would be a cool "coreless" project to take out to my 1/10 track and 'play' with while the electric 1/10 touring guys are practicing.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

I see what you are saying. well thanks for the advice. I'll keep following this thread though, as i like F1. I thought it this car would be a cool "coreless" project to take out to my 1/10 track and 'play' with while the electric 1/10 touring guys are practicing.
It really depends on what you want to run with your friends.
Just to play then I would not recommend the F201, a sedan would be a better choice and easier to learn how to drive/fix/tune...
Old 04-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Well, if you did your research and decided on a F201, then your money won't be wasted. There is a large following of F201 drivers out there with full support of the car. Don't let a few who don't like it change your personal views.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I'll second Neil!

As a long-time F1 fanatic, and former F103 racer (1st R/C car was the "Road Wizard F1, for the old-timers)......

I race both the F201 and TRF 414M2 (Touring) and love both. There are direct-drive cars still running at some tracks (SoCal and Revelation here in Southern CA), but running Assoc. 10L2s, Yokomo, and Corraly (sp?) pan-type cars. I have also been involved in this class, but currently focusing more on F1 and Touring. I really have nothing negative to say about the F201; it's not really comparable to anything else, and it is this chassis that brought me back to R/C after about an 8-year hiatus! If you have a group who has/races them nearby, I don't think you can go wrong. Build the kit and try it out; people often point out that few of the hop-ups (which can get expensive) are really "required" to race successfully; some are more important than others in terms of overall performance and tuning. Start with Dave Jun's setup and go from there----these things are a blast!

To each his own, of course.....I just like both!

Terry V.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.