Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ray

Im not sure if it has been posted anywhere yet but if oyu have seen it try my TCS setup from the worlds, i will try and write it down the car is still in same condition as the last final

I plan on getting the car mounted in a cabinet, i will post pics when it is done.

Main thing that i found with the car is that toe and camber make more changes than everything else, i always liked a fair bit of toe out in front, and very minimal toe-in on the rear. Camber set around 2-3 degrees, dont be scared of going up higher it really locks the car in. Running a stock motor the high speed gearing shoudl be fine on a medium size track, on a small one try the std ratio, also try to get oyur hands on a tamiya stock these are 23 turn, can pull a taller gear ratio and dont get affected by the heat as much. Also when running a stocker i found to use some idle up, it helps minimise the rear end coming around off power. oh and dont be scared to tighten the diffs up this will help keep the car planted.

Once you get it dialled in they are an extremely pleasurable car to drive. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Besercoe
Ray

Im not sure if it has been posted anywhere yet but if oyu have seen it try my TCS setup from the worlds, i will try and write it down the car is still in same condition as the last final

I plan on getting the car mounted in a cabinet, i will post pics when it is done.

Main thing that i found with the car is that toe and camber make more changes than everything else, i always liked a fair bit of toe out in front, and very minimal toe-in on the rear. Camber set around 2-3 degrees, dont be scared of going up higher it really locks the car in. Running a stock motor the high speed gearing shoudl be fine on a medium size track, on a small one try the std ratio, also try to get oyur hands on a tamiya stock these are 23 turn, can pull a taller gear ratio and dont get affected by the heat as much. Also when running a stocker i found to use some idle up, it helps minimise the rear end coming around off power. oh and dont be scared to tighten the diffs up this will help keep the car planted.

Once you get it dialled in they are an extremely pleasurable car to drive. Good luck.
Thanks to you!! I reduced rear toe to 2 deg and diffs are really tight thanks to a tip by Neil also!! And I also put a ton of roll in car for that exact reason I also found I had to drive on powr through turn nin and then half lift mid-corner and get right back on the power. Yeah-cars pretty cool!!

Ray
Old 01-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just a FYi to all F1 Fanatics just put my F201 4wd on the for sale thread the car is mint ran once outdoor race & once indoor race. there car is modded out with a lot of hop ups & lots of spares
Old 01-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Anyone looking to sell any type A's or B's for f201. Looking for brand new only.

[email protected]

Kevin
Old 01-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by lbckevin
Anyone looking to sell any type A's or B's for f201. Looking for brand new only.

[email protected]

Kevin
Kevin,

We got tires

Tamiya F201 tires and rims

Steve Wang
Old 01-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hello, i am slightly interested in getting one of these being a big F1 fan. and my local track has a class for them too. i have a few questions: is the car cometitive out of the box (besides tires, springs, shock oils, electronics...), is there any way to put a side-by-side battery in the car instead of a stick pack, and does it have friction shocks or oil filled? i have a TL01 and i dont want anothere car like that. is this a fast, competitve car? what kind of hopups do you guys suggest to get.

thanks guys
marshalv.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

It has oil shocks. Get the tires right away. Also the front end and gearboxes are somewhat fragile, so get the heavy duty lower arms. It is designed for sticks packs (though if you do some careful grinding, I have heard you can use side by side packs..either that or get the 3Racing chassis). The other thing to get right away are the upgraded (lightweight) diffs, the stock ones can be pretty weak. If you can spring for it, get the adjustable alloy motor mount too.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dado11g
hello, i am slightly interested in getting one of these being a big F1 fan. and my local track has a class for them too. i have a few questions: is the car cometitive out of the box (besides tires, springs, shock oils, electronics...), is there any way to put a side-by-side battery in the car instead of a stick pack, and does it have friction shocks or oil filled? i have a TL01 and i dont want anothere car like that. is this a fast, competitve car? what kind of hopups do you guys suggest to get.

thanks guys
marshalv.
Things required.

Kit
Type A tires for most tracks.
Lightweight diffs (the std one have a habit of snapping the diff screw)
shocks are plastic but oil filled.
only way ot put side by side cells is with one of the graphite chassis conversion kits

and if you are racing against other F201's then yes it is competitive. Best of all they are a ball to drive.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Things required.

Kit
only way ot put side by side cells is with one of the graphite chassis conversion kits

and if you are racing against other F201's then yes it is competitive. Best of all they are a ball to drive.
how much will of of this cost? the car, the diffs, the chassis, the tires, the arms, the adjustable motor mount...
Old 01-31-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by dado11g
how much will of of this cost? the car, the diffs, the chassis, the tires, the arms, the adjustable motor mount...
Get the "upgraded" car and ( $200 - 225 ) and the light-weight diffs ( $ 30 for 2 ).
Old 01-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Things required.

Kit

What's up champ! Looks like we are gearing up for another year of TCS. Might be the last for US for F201. How's the hot weather treating you?
Old 02-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default carpet setup

Neil: please check your PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
What's up champ! Looks like we are gearing up for another year of TCS. Might be the last for US for F201. How's the hot weather treating you?
Hi man things are going well, the F201 is sitting pretty on the shelf, it will be getting mounted in a cabinet as soon as i can spare the cash.

i have been having fun running the 415, it is such a pretty car. lol but it also handles extremely well, it just seems to make the track feel wider, it just goes wherever you want it to. I ordered a set of Acer ceramics for it, as the kit wheel bearings are failing already, im not a fan of those little 950's.

Re TCS in Australia, not too sure whats happening yet, but you can bet i will be in there giving it my all, there is more fun to be had in japan. Im eligible to run in the GT1 class this year so continued practice with the 415 is on order. There are rumours that TCS will be in estern Australia this year, which is on the other side of the country, so will have to get together the annual leave and the cash.

Disapointing thing is though i have not even had a "well done" reply from the local Tamiya importer.

re the weather we have had more than our fair share of near 40 degree days so racing has been interesting, we have seen more than a few motors and speedies go poof in the heat.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Hi man things are going well, the F201 is sitting pretty on the shelf, it will be getting mounted in a cabinet as soon as i can spare the cash.

i have been having fun running the 415, it is such a pretty car. lol but it also handles extremely well, it just seems to make the track feel wider, it just goes wherever you want it to. I ordered a set of Acer ceramics for it, as the kit wheel bearings are failing already, im not a fan of those little 950's.

Re TCS in Australia, not too sure whats happening yet, but you can bet i will be in there giving it my all, there is more fun to be had in japan. Im eligible to run in the GT1 class this year so continued practice with the 415 is on order. There are rumours that TCS will be in estern Australia this year, which is on the other side of the country, so will have to get together the annual leave and the cash.

Disapointing thing is though i have not even had a "well done" reply from the local Tamiya importer.

re the weather we have had more than our fair share of near 40 degree days so racing has been interesting, we have seen more than a few motors and speedies go poof in the heat.
I'm having some trouble with my 415. Parts keep breaking. Must be the cold weather causing the parts to become brittle. So far I've broken front C hub, rear A arm, rear hinge pin, lost lots of screws, batts keep falling out, and the rear diff feels gritty all day. I had better luck with the F201.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: carpet setup

Originally posted by minidriver
Neil: please check your PM.
Back at ya! But to be honest, the man to get the best setup is Besercoe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.