Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally, the front end.
Attached Thumbnails F201-f1-5.jpg  
Old 01-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)
Default stick battery care

Hey guys,
Gotta question that may have been addressed receintly, but havn't seen.. What have you found out to be the best way to cycle, discharge and store your custom stik packs. IS anyone dead shorting them and storing them that way? The peak voltage seams to climb each charge (not good) and the resistance increases (also not good) and the run time seams to suffer also. I'm using a Comp ElectronicsTurbo 35 and charging at 6 amps..any info or tips
Old 01-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Like my cooling?!?
where did you get that motor fan?? looks good!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by over gear
where did you get that motor fan?? looks good!
It's a TC3 cooling fan that you can get from Tower hobby...

I have on myself.....
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I found it:

cooling fan

Question is does it fit on the stock chassis and stock motor guard?

It looks really squeezed in on the 3R chassis.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's actually a Much More Racing Motor Fan. If you have a look at Mr Vercoe's car (F1 World Champion) on Tamiya's website, he had a piece of plastic or something like that screwed in on top of the motor guard with overhang, and he had 2 motor fans taped onto the plastic part. Now that was obviously with the std chassis so yeh, its possible.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is this it?

much more cooling fan
Old 01-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yes thats it, i got two of these, made up a mount using material from an old blue fibreglass 12th scale t-bar, i made the mount a few layers thick so that the fans were directing their airflow directly to the motor, it was all held together by superglue, and mounted to the alloy chassis brace by the 2 screw holes. I wired the power through to the pos and neg battery wires of the speedo, this made the little buggers work hard but it moved a lot of air. I will try and find a pic and learn how to post them
Old 01-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default F1 decals - what's the update

Hey Mark,

Was there an updated info on the decals that you were planning to produce? I was away and without access to internet for about a month and did seem to find anything after I came back.

Let me know thanks,
roy
Old 01-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default handling and gear ratio

Hey all,

I finally got to run my F201 today. I ran n a med grip Carpet track on type A's. Just three runs, but chnaged springs and ride heights. I think the bump steer leads to some odd handling, but it was cool to see how the tires need to warm-up and then hear them squeel.

ANyways-my first question is-how are you gus adjusting ride height inittially.? With kit springs in front-car was about 5mm. I put the stiff olives up front and front ride height jumped to 7mm!! I lowered it by adjusting the length of the pushrod. Is this right? I dont see any other way as I already had no clips. Ditto on the back. I started with soft springs and the thick and thin clip-then went to medium (gold) sorings and took the thick clip out.

Next-I ran the kit gearing with a ROAR STock. I had decent top speed, but very little bottom end. Motor was whicked hot too. Seeing as how tire size and pinion are fixed-what can I do about being overgeared?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 01-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, nice. First I've seen or heard of this... I had seen this suspension type in off-road glow vehicles and knew it was the same thing as in real F-1 cars... for the rest of the chassis, I'd have to agree with the author of that news post way up on the first page. I'd rather have a 1-1/2 or 2-deck CF chassis for more flexibility in placing components. Looks like the shaft is pretty well-protected, but doesn't come out real easily if you want to switch between 4WD and RWD.

...Real rollbar! no more seriously crushing the shell... As if I've ever flipped my 103 without trying.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: handling and gear ratio

Originally posted by rayhuang
ANyways-my first question is-how are you gus adjusting ride height inittially.? With kit springs in front-car was about 5mm. I put the stiff olives up front and front ride height jumped to 7mm!! I lowered it by adjusting the length of the pushrod. Is this right? I dont see any other way as I already had no clips. Ditto on the back. I started with soft springs and the thick and thin clip-then went to medium (gold) sorings and took the thick clip out.

Next-I ran the kit gearing with a ROAR STock. I had decent top speed, but very little bottom end. Motor was whicked hot too. Seeing as how tire size and pinion are fixed-what can I do about being overgeared?

Thanks,
Ray
You can adjust ride height with with the con-rods. But don't confuse that with droop. With the TCS rules, you are very limited on choices for springs, and gearing. You just have to make due with what you have.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks-it was fun to drive Neil. if you got even a tire out of the groove-car came around. Also-driving style is critical-as I can already feel a fine line between push and loose on this car. IN other words-to make car steer-it feels like the cars very loose off power. Running th car n carpet at 4mm seemed good too.

No problem on droop-I am controlling that with the o-rings in the shocks. 3-front 2-rear, but I think thats gonna chnage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.