Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this is the 5mm one, works fine on my TA05

53823 Tamiya (#53823) Clamp Type Aluminum wheel hub (5mm Thick)
Old 09-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cheehtae
Smooth as in silky smooth
Kidding aside: compared to my Xray its not that smooth, on my Xray I could barely hear the diffs, don't think I Have a diff problem I just rebuilt it, well let's see------- With the Xray if I let off it just rolls and then stop slowly or smoothly BUT with the TA05 it just stop abruptly. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about---- I did interchange the speedo , and its still the same thing. anyways any input?
Like I said, it does not sound like a diff problem. The roll resistance might be a number of things. Did you use the ball bearings without changing the grease? The grease in the standard bearings is very thick and will slow the car down. Some guys clean out the original grease and put in thin lube. I am too lazy, but that's my choice. Also, you could drop down to 64 pitch gears if you are using the supplied 48 pitch. Then there are the "aramid" belts. These are specifically meant to reduce roll resistance. After that, you can look at the difference between the motors. A newer motor will probably have stronger magnets, which also slows a car down more rapidly (even without braking). And then there is the possibility of electrical leakage in neutral. Also, there is the differences in setup (camber and toe-in/toe-out, and tire choice) can add roll resistance. Also see if your wheels wobble. That is all I can think of right now.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MORE HOPHP!!!!!
http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/hsphoto/hs05-2.htm

CF steering plate.. I got TechRacing already..
CF battery stay.. I got TechRacing already..
Front spool.. GOOD!!!
Light weight carbon tub chassis.. SUPERB!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am so amazed at the decals that come with these bodies. Heres the body I just got form JayBee on the TA05. Sorry about the body posts , but I dont want to cut them tiill I try a bunch of different bodies on the car.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-nsx3.jpg  

Last edited by rayhuang; 09-21-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttso
MORE HOPHP!!!!!
http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/hsphoto/hs05-2.htm

CF steering plate.. I got TechRacing already..
CF battery stay.. I got TechRacing already..
Front spool.. GOOD!!!
Light weight carbon tub chassis.. SUPERB!!!
Thats a new chassis, see the cutouts in front of and behind the motor space.
Hopefully its stiffer, can anyone translate?
Fred
Old 09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try this link

It's kinda funny the literal translation for some of the descriptions, especially the buggies (Man Flap I) and the "Ray Brick 2005"..

The TA03 Pro coming back as Drift Spec? Hmm...

That carbon chassis should be much stiffer than the plastic.. maybe when mine breaks i'll just get one of those instead...

It's nice they're recognizing that the spool is a well-used upgrade.

As for the TRF Maezumi TA05, would the blue belts still be aramid, or another 'special' material? It looks pretty loaded...

in the second picture of upgrades, there are two CF bars with three holes in them.. where would that go?

I guess they're now selling the proper blue retainers for the Special Blue shocks, it'll nicely complete the whole 'blue' setup..
Old 09-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jam-ehz----THANKS!
Steve ---Hey STEVE, you got any on order YET?
RATS, just have to wait again.
Fred
Old 09-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

My wallet is hurting already.

When will it be for sale? Any time soon I hope?
Please?

Alwin
Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Talking TRF MS TA05

Was that blue belts for TA05 or was the picture or were they white and with all the blue bling on the TRFMS-TA05 the belts looked blue.

I can't believe they came out with a spool for the TA05 so soon.
It took years to come out with a spool to begin with. Not that I'm complaining.
So the new TA05 will be out soon I imagine? By Christmas?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

I forgot to ask.
The spool. What is it for? Why use it instead of a diff or one-way? Or in what cases?

Sorry if it is clear to most of you.

Alwin.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Talking spool vs. diff?

There is obviously less mass in a spool than a diff.,so less weight. Direct drive in a spool and a diff has several moving parts which create friction which will result in a loss of power compared to a spool. It's like having the best of a one-way and a diff. with fewer parts. Down side on a spool especially with a delrin outdrives they will break if you hit something hard and shock the drive train.The outdrives will break. Good drivers can race all season and never break an outdrive others break them a lot. I myself have only broken one set. But it was the other driver that caused the breakage. I just hope they come out with replacement outdrives for the spool without having to buy the whole kit!
Just my 2!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Are there certain circuit caracteristics that suit a spool best? Technical and twisty or high speed?

Alwin.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Talking RE: Spool vs. Diff.

Originally Posted by F1mechanic
Are there certain circuit caracteristics that suit a spool best? Technical and twisty or high speed?

Alwin.
I would think a spool is better on high speed asphalt tracks. Ball diffs would work better on carpet tracks and one-way would be best on short technical tracks!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

YES.

Thank you for the info.

I just love this site.

Alwin
Old 09-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Max that is backwards for the spool. There is more friction on the drivetrain as parts(axles) are not able to move independently. This is good and bad though. With the friction comes weight transfer and this is what most feel as a tuning aid. The bind aids weight transfer to the front axle and aids turn-in due to the increased load on the front tire. Where is starts to fail though is mid-turn, with the axle locked the outer tire has turn at the same rate as the inner tire not at the increased speed it needs to from the larger radius of the turn. After you get thru mid-corner it all gets better though as now coming on power it aids rotation of the car(again the locked axle and smaller turning rate) it also add stability as both tires are pulling forward and not "diffing"out (unloaded tire spinning up).

For the high speed and how it relates. With long sweepers again you have the inner tire spinning at a slower rate than the outer tire and you get a slight bind in the drivetrain(efficiency). On low speed the grip and traction off the turn is to your advantage along with the braking ability.

What has been interesting is the Pro scene and the switch to a spool preference for most of the big races regardless of the no 1-way rule.

Hope all that makes sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.