Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default TRF 49355 Shock parts

I am having a bad day. I set out the parts to build the shocks yesterday. When I started on my 2nd shock today, I accidentallly spilled the metal parts bag and everything scattered everywhere. I think I found everything, and I finished the shocks. But looking at the extra parts, I found 4 extra E-clips. The problem is that I am not sure if I put away all the TA05 parts before I opened up the shock kit. Did these parts come from the shock kit or did I have some parts out from the TA05? This worries me. If I had extra parts from the TA05 out, I have no idea whether I have actually lost parts or not.

Did anyone else who built these shocks have extra E-clips left over?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mobile as long as you put an e-clip on either side of the shock piston you built them correct. Generally with any kit (at least Tamiya) you end up with a screw or 2 extra and a few others.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I had one or two extra e-clips if I remember correctly. So nothing to worry about. Just check the car if everything is attached correctly. Other than that you should be fine.

Alwin.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

How many of you guys drive the TA05 on unpaved roads? Like ones where there are sticks and stones around? And how many have had to replaced diffs or belts because of sticks and stones chopping it up?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seatbelt
How many of you guys drive the TA05 on unpaved roads? Like ones where there are sticks and stones around? And how many have had to replaced diffs or belts because of sticks and stones chopping it up?
i run on an unmaintained asphalt parking lot track (lots of fine dirt, loose asphalt, other gritty stuff) and the drivetrain seems to hold up against them. its a good thing the diff & center pulleys are light colored because you can easily spot if something got lodged in there. the spur gear shield also does a good job of protecting the spur. in 6 battery packs (5-10 min of running per pack), i only had 1 small pebble jump into my 64p gear. its just a matter of picking it out with an xacto. if youre using 48p, it will last longer than 64p, just in case it picks up loose stuff.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

one good idea for the spur is to put something over the hole on the bottom of the chassis, directly under the spur... mine kept sucking up small pebbles in the 64p spur in a parking lot.

in fact, i used a TRF sticker!

Wes
Old 09-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

you guys know if tamiya will release a carbon upper deck? im thinking of getting one from tech racing but i prefer to get tamiya only hopups (in the hope of someday joining our local tcs ) however, if the tamiya upper deck is months away, ill get an aftermarket one thanks for any info
Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Suspension Hop-up options marked as "HARD" what does it actually do? Does resist flexing more; therefore is it good for carpet? if it is then, is there a HARD suspension arm and front C-hub?

TNX for all the help
Old 09-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, they're made of the same material as the TA05 chassis, the "Fibre-reinforced" Polyamide, as opposed to the regular plastic. They're stiffer, and more resistant to breaking. They have arms, front and rear uprights made like that. The 2-degree rear uprights I bought (not the ones that came with the car) actually came in the hard material, although it doesn't say in the package.

You can tell by the greyish fibres strewn throughout the plastic (just look the chassis or the shock towers), unlike the solid black plastic of regular ones.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Yup, they're made of the same material as the TA05 chassis, the "Fibre-reinforced" Polyamide, as opposed to the regular plastic. They're stiffer, and more resistant to breaking. They have arms, front and rear uprights made like that. The 2-degree rear uprights I bought (not the ones that came with the car) actually came in the hard material, although it doesn't say in the package.

You can tell by the greyish fibres strewn throughout the plastic (just look the chassis or the shock towers), unlike the solid black plastic of regular ones.
I bought the rear uprights, both the 2- degrees and the 0- deg but both are hard ones, what I need to know is the part number for the Hard front c-hubs - 50985 is part # of reular plastic one, I need the the stiffer ones, anybody HELP.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone checked the price of a spare/replacement TA05 tub chassis ?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cheehtae
I bought the rear uprights, both the 2- degrees and the 0- deg but both are hard ones, what I need to know is the part number for the Hard front c-hubs - 50985 is part # of reular plastic one, I need the the stiffer ones, anybody HELP.
I do not think that Tamiya makes them. I looked before and never found them. You might check around for aluminum versions. Check for TA04 or Evo III or TRF-415 (but not MS) parts, possibly from Square.

Be careful about the caster. The old standard part of TA04 had more caster. As far as I know, we have 4 degree caster parts. If you see anything with less caster, let us know. I would like 2 - 3 degrees.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F1mechanic
I had one or two extra e-clips if I remember correctly. So nothing to worry about. Just check the car if everything is attached correctly. Other than that you should be fine.

Alwin.
Thanks for the replies. I made no progress today because I was busy with other matters, but I feel a bit more confident. I was worried that I might have lost some shock parts and accidentally used TA05 parts that might be needed later. I think I put all the TA05 parts away before I opened the shock kit. Anyway, we have pretty good supply of Tamiya parts around here so even if I am wrong I should not lose too much time.

I found out that the speed controller I was going to use will not fit in speed controller bay. The bay is only big enough for speed controllers up to about 3 cm * 4 cm. My controller was closer to 4 cm * 4 cm. I intended to use old, moderate priced electronics, but I am ending up using my newest and best stuff on this car. It is turning out a strange mixture -- heavy steel dogbones on the back and upper price lightweight electronics. . . .
Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ghostfit

Did you brake it?

I saw spares offered on an internet shop in Switserland, I think (!?).

The price for the spare tub was 16,50 EUR. But I haven't seen them elswhere yet.

Alwin.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostfit
should be less than $20 i think?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.