Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
Ey fred, where's your source for the tech racing hopups? Did that guy selling at the for sale forum push through with his offer to import? I doubt if tamiya releases an upperdeck anytime soon unless they bring a pro or r version within the coming months.
ive pm'ed him re. the stuff. i think ill get just the upper deck. for the shock towers, ill get tamiyas instead, cheaper than tech racing did you get an 05 too? what mods did you put in? im desperately looking for universals right now no stock in our LHS, im very tempted to buy online
Old 09-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marvi
ive pm'ed him re. the stuff. i think ill get just the upper deck. for the shock towers, ill get tamiyas instead, cheaper than tech racing did you get an 05 too? what mods did you put in? im desperately looking for universals right now no stock in our LHS, im very tempted to buy online
marvi: bro buy it online i bought mine with rc-mushroom but i used the 48mm dogbones instead of the 46mm universals but have not tested it yet weather is not very cooperative
Old 09-17-2005, 09:02 AM
jas
Tech Apprentice

Does the TA05 require the servo ears be cut? I plan to use the Futaba S9550.
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yep, but it's the same one you trim for the shaft cars (EVO-III and IV and many others). You just have it mounted the opposite way.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Pm'd him also but he didn't say how much it will cost only that it will arrive soon. I plan to just get the upper deck,titanium screws and alloy shocks only. I tried dongskie's 05 and it handles so much better than my tb02r yet its very stock only the screws and shocks were hopped up. He was using white springs all round for the speedzone track setup. I'll try to copy his setup.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note that our first batch of Square R/C hop-up for the TA05 has arrived:

Titanium hinge-pins: Front and rear outter, Front and rear inner
Aluminum steering knuckle
Aluminum bulkheads (the machine work on this piece is amazing)
Aluminum battery hold down strap

Also a small shipment of Tamiya stuff arrived as well containing some restock of Tamiya hop-ups for the TA05.

Steve Wang
Old 09-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jas
Does the TA05 require the servo ears be cut? I plan to use the Futaba S9550. Thanks!
instead of cutting the servo ears, i dremeled the chassis on the part where the lower ear will hit i dont think this will compromise the strength/stiffness of the chassis because its just a small nick. this way, when i sell my servo or use it on another car, i dont have to buy a new case

Originally Posted by buboy28
marvi: bro buy it online i bought mine with rc-mushroom...
how much did you pay for shipping? is it door to door or thru post office? totally agree with you, the rain is driving me nuts by the time the weather clears, i hope our lhs will have the universals on stock so i dont have to go the online route i only need a pair for the fronts

Originally Posted by rayman
Pm'd him also but he didn't say how much it will cost only that it will arrive soon. I plan to just get the upper deck,titanium screws and alloy shocks only...
i think the upper deck will cost about Y2900+. hope it arrives soon, i might use up my TA05 hopup budget to buy offroad stuff because of the rains
Old 09-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Raced my Ta05 again last night, sad to say I did not like the way it perform eventhough I've added some upgrades ( swingshaft, TRF shocks, CF shock mounts) it just was'nt smooth enough. QUESTION: how loose should the diff be? I did loosen it up a bit, REASON: whenever I would let off it will just try stop to soon, well I did run my XRAY too last night just to compare , XRAY is just smoother ( I'm only running a T1). Anyways any suggestions on how to make it smoother? maybe a carbide ball's for the diffs?

Old 09-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my TA05 diffs are ULTRA smooth, I tighten them up, then back them off till you can just make it slip, then re-tighten a little to stop the slip, diffs are SOOO smooth, someone asked if it had geared diffs....

My car is DRASTICALY over weight, by some 100g, and in stock, on a tight carpet track, it shows in the lap times, how the ECK can I loose 100grammes out of the car though???? Chassis???
Old 09-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I managed to lose over 60 grams, simply by replacing as much steel hardware with titanium and alloy as i can, most of the screws, with ti, and turnbuckles with Alloy, those ball ends are a big weight saver too.

Usa a 9550 servo, guarantees 15grams just there.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by F1mechanic
Did you brake it?

I saw spares offered on an internet shop in Switserland, I think (!?).

The price for the spare tub was 16,50 EUR. But I haven't seen them elswhere yet.

Alwin.
Originally Posted by alana07
should be less than $20 i think?!?!?!
No, my original chassis is still in good condition (with a couple of the usual scratches)
....But I was at the LTD (Local Tamiya Distributor) when the box of spare chassis came in .....they were like S$16 (Less than US$10) apiece ! ...Gosh ! I almost wanted to grab 10 pieces.... but knowing myself, I'll start adding spare arms, gearboxes etc and in no time, I'll end up having 10 TA05 chassis ! ......Phew !
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

instead of cutting the servo ears, i dremeled the chassis on the part where the lower ear will hit i dont think this will compromise the strength/stiffness of the chassis because its just a small nick. this way, when i sell my servo or use it on another car, i dont have to buy a new case

how much did you pay for shipping? is it door to door or thru post office? totally agree with you, the rain is driving me nuts by the time the weather clears, i hope our lhs will have the universals on stock so i dont have to go the online route i only need a pair for the fronts

i think the upper deck will cost about Y2900+. hope it arrives soon, i might use up my TA05 hopup budget to buy offroad stuff because of the rains
shipping was US $12 but it was door to door delivery i also included the reversible ightweight suspension system
Old 09-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I managed to lose over 60 grams, simply by replacing as much steel hardware with titanium and alloy as i can, most of the screws, with ti, and turnbuckles with Alloy, those ball ends are a big weight saver too.

Usa a 9550 servo, guarantees 15grams just there.
Interesting.

I have the full Titanium screw kit and still my T05 is overweight ...

As well with GP3700 the car is much more heavy on the right side (battery side) ... so there is no point of use light electronic since light is at the compromise to be unbalance.

I need to get more close to 1500g if I want to be competitive with my TA05 ... since I race aganst TC4 / TRF415 & EVO IV ...

e_lm_70
Old 09-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Y2900 is the listed price but he didn't mention how much when it arrives here. sabi ni wyner baka stir yan. heehee. post it when u get it marvi.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Interesting.

I have the full Titanium screw kit and still my T05 is overweight ...

As well with GP3700 the car is much more heavy on the right side (battery side) ... so there is no point of use light electronic since light is at the compromise to be unbalance.

I need to get more close to 1500g if I want to be competitive with my TA05 ... since I race aganst TC4 / TRF415 & EVO IV ...

e_lm_70
Are you using the LW suspension? You can go back to the regular plastic shocks, keep the plastic suspension blocks, hmm.. do those 415's, Evo IV's have the heavier 3700's too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.