Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
The lower CG of the low profile front may make some difference. I have and race both, a TA05-IFS and aTA05R. My lap times are almost identical using the same motor. I just like the look of the EBBRO body.
once again thanks. seems like i have alot of experimenting to do like i did in off-road. Will try both and let you know how they turn out.

one other question.... Diff, one-way, or spool or med-high traction asphalt? remember i'm aggressive but don't hack others in the process. I like to get in and out of the corner faster than the man standing next to me.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DJ
question again

is it adviceable to use front oneway in TA-05?

if so, what should i get to change my setup to oneway (parts name and code#)?

im using stock setup of TA05r and i want ro use oneway
Hello DJ,

Sometimes the one-way is better and faster that the diff-diff. If you use stock motors (19-27T) the spool is not a good choice, because the car will be slower with it and the drivetrain will be not so efficent as the diff-diff or diff-oneway.
That's why the stock riders usually use front one-way and center one-way also.
If you ride with stock motor it is reccomended to use one-way because it almost always faster than the diff-diff.
When you use one-way you should watch your driving style, because, there will be no brake with one-way. You will get used to it, don't worry.
You don't need any other parts to use the one-way, just buy the Tamiya's original front one-way set, mount it and go for a ride.

ciao
Old 06-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried running the short lightweight suspension arms on their TA05R? If so, how did it perform?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HI_808
Has anyone tried running the short lightweight suspension arms on their TA05R? If so, how did it perform?
Hi,

I tried both suspension arms (short and normal also). Each of them works very well. I prefer the short one, because they provide narrower trackwidth and the narrower trak width has a positive effect for the traction. On a high grip carpet race I used to mount the normal ones.
But if you mount the short ones, the 48mm swing shafts could be too long. That's depend on what kind of suspension mount do you use. (the WC kit is OK)
I use 46mm swing shafts on the front and on the rear as well.

ciao
Old 06-26-2008, 05:37 AM
DJ
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bviktor
Hello DJ,

Sometimes the one-way is better and faster that the diff-diff. If you use stock motors (19-27T) the spool is not a good choice, because the car will be slower with it and the drivetrain will be not so efficent as the diff-diff or diff-oneway.
That's why the stock riders usually use front one-way and center one-way also.
If you ride with stock motor it is reccomended to use one-way because it almost always faster than the diff-diff.
When you use one-way you should watch your driving style, because, there will be no brake with one-way. You will get used to it, don't worry.
You don't need any other parts to use the one-way, just buy the Tamiya's original front one-way set, mount it and go for a ride.

ciao

Okey got it
i will order front one way and center one way. But I cant imagine how to drive a car without a brake
gee need to stock more spare parts
Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loriding69
NOOB again...... lol

I'm curious of the difference as far as handling between the stock R and the IFS package? Can someone enlighten me on the differences. And which is better for a sorta aggressive driver on Asphalt. Thanks
I used to run a normal TA05, and I converted my car to IFS and it is a different car. If you like a car with a lot of steering then the IFS is the car for you. As far as the one way goes, it makes the car very touchy, even a center oneway is more difficult to drive. I would only run a one way in loose conditions where you want to pull the car out of the corners. I have heard good things about the spools, but have yet to run one
Old 06-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the help guys. Got a big race this weekend and want to give the old timers hell

so just to make sure i got all of this down:
One way - low traction
Center one way - ?????
spool - not good with a stock motor but gives good braking on loose traction
diff/diff - ?????
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help guys. Got a big race this weekend and want to give the old timers hell

so just to make sure i got all of this down:
One way - low traction
Center one way - ?????
spool - not good with a stock motor but gives good braking on loose traction
diff/diff - ?????
If you are still learning the car, I would go diff/diff with a fixed centershaft. Work your way up from there
Old 06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DJ
Okey got it
i will order front one way and center one way. But I cant imagine how to drive a car without a brake
gee need to stock more spare parts
Don't worry. You will get used to it easily. The first few laps will be freaky, but after everything will be OK.
The stock motors are not so fast, so you don't need to brake, because the car's drivetrain has enough resistance to reduce the car from the top speed to the cornering speed. Just don't pull the trigger as long time as you pull it when you use the diff-diff combination.

ciao
Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
If you are still learning the car, I would go diff/diff with a fixed centershaft. Work your way up from there
I have driven it with the diff/diff and one way/diff. but no center shaft it's belt. i like the one way better. I have been driving the car for almost a month so i'm pretty comfortable with it but just need to learn the fine tuning of it. I want be able to do some real tuning till mine gets here hopefully tomorrow. and i will start racing it next week.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I have driven it with the diff/diff and one way/diff. but no center shaft it's belt. i like the one way better. I have been driving the car for almost a month so i'm pretty comfortable with it but just need to learn the fine tuning of it. I want be able to do some real tuning till mine gets here hopefully tomorrow. and i will start racing it next week.
Hi,

Center shaft means the normal drivetrain not the one way. Diff or one-way? That's a good question, that's depend on lot of things. On high grip, tight carpet I prefer the diff/diff because you can pull the trigger in the corner... On low traction asphalt I prefer the one-way. I never use spool, because it's very slow with stock motors.

ciao
Old 06-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bviktor
Hi,

Center shaft means the normal drivetrain not the one way. Diff or one-way? That's a good question, that's depend on lot of things. On high grip, tight carpet I prefer the diff/diff because you can pull the trigger in the corner... On low traction asphalt I prefer the one-way. I never use spool, because it's very slow with stock motors.

ciao
Cool, thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want to get some soft (red) springs for my 05R without getting the whole assortment, is this the correct part to get? There seems to be a few variations of springs from Tamiya...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49240

On another note, i have never seen any setup using the hard or above springs, will we ever need those?

Last edited by stocker; 06-27-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey, what can I do to help with alittle bit of push? Everything else is on rails, but it pushs in the turns. I have a spool up front.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Hey, what can I do to help with alittle bit of push? Everything else is on rails, but it pushs in the turns. I have a spool up front.
There are alot of things that can be done to gain steering depending on how your car is setup and where is it pushing in the corner entry/mid/exit.

Are you running the right kind of tire for the track temp? If yes, then you can try stiffer springs in front and/or softer springs in rear. Those are changes that may help you gain steering regardless of where the push is at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.