Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Demon
Guys,
Did anyone of you seen this??? http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...hi%20setup.pdf

Do you notice that he is using the option suspension block? He is using 1B & 1XC for front and 1XD & 1B for the rear.
The thing is, I can only find 1A,1B,1C,1D,1E or X, XA, XB, XC, XD but I cant find those 1XA, 1XB,1XC, 1XD... I am confused..

BTW, My TA05 is almost done. I had the Front oneway, CF shock Tower, LW lower deck, TRF dampers, Alum. servo mount, UJ and Stabilizer bar. I still need to get the suspension block and hard arms.
the xa, xb, xc, and xd blocks you found are the 1xa,1xb, 1xc, 1xc...... if you look at the xa, xb ... blocks on the tamiya website you can see they actually have a 1 before it.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was able to drop 40 grams today off of my TA05. I switched out my esc for a much smaller one and picked up a LW chassis. The chassis is approx. 18-19 grams lighter than the stock. I will be using strapping tape to hold down the batteries. With the F430 body the car is at 1550 grams. I realized that the sway bar set added about 20-25 grams. I'll hopefully be able to get it to handle well enough without the sway bars. We'll see this next weekend.--Al
Old 05-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Tamiya says the chassis is only 9g lighter by itself !!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Now that I think about it, I did have the battery strap on the chassis when I weighed it. The logic was that I wouldn't have to use the strap and could use tape instead.--Al
Old 05-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teabag
the xa, xb, xc, and xd blocks you found are the 1xa,1xb, 1xc, 1xc...... if you look at the xa, xb ... blocks on the tamiya website you can see they actually have a 1 before it.
Hmm... I guess I now understand. Thanks for the great info. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I love that bumber on there. Is that a TA05 part, or is that a bumper from another Tamiya car?

I noticed that they opened the tops of the ball cups on the inner camber links. Allowing acces the screws in those ball joints. Cool idea, think I'll do that.

I wonder if tha that heat sink really helps, or does it do like most heatsinks and just end up trapping heat in the motor. Hmm...

Too bad they still haven't made their own blue motor mount. But those blue turnbuckles are sweet.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe it's just a TRF415 bumper, or at least the shape is similar.. not sure why you'd want that dip in the middle, wouldn't do too much to save the front of the shell..

The next ball connectors they're coming out with actually have hex holes in the heads, so no grub screws

Ah, but they DO have their own blue motor mount coming out..

a whole 4 grams lighter! Hah! MmmMMmm.. aluminum diffs.. no more melting!.. mmMmm.. LW spur shaft.. finally they woke up and got rid of those stupid C-clips at the ends! I threw those out ages ago.. works for the 415, apparently..

Can't wait for the shortened LWS arms, so I don't need to buy new universals!

What I don't get is the spur holder.. .. why make it even heavier, and how much force does it really take to warp?

I have the heatsink, it's really great.. has tons of breathing holes for the motor while keeping it nice and cool..
Old 05-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
I believe it's just a TRF415 bumper, or at least the shape is similar.. not sure why you'd want that dip in the middle, wouldn't do too much to save the front of the shell..
Yeah, but it looks like its a little wider which would support the front edges of the body more.

The next ball connectors they're coming out with actually have hex holes in the heads, so no grub screws
Nice........

Ah, but they DO have their own blue motor mount coming out..
YES!!! Sweet!

LW spur shaft.. finally they woke up and got rid of those stupid C-clips at the ends! I threw those out ages ago..
I didn't realize how bad those little C-clips were until I went to install my center one-way. How in the hell do they manage to pull off the unbelieveable trick of being hard to get on and get off?

I have the heatsink, it's really great.. has tons of breathing holes for the motor while keeping it nice and cool..
Well thats good to know. I know it looks really good, but most heatsinks hurt more than they help (by blocking cooling vents), but its good to know that this on is better designed.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

The stock screws are bad! Almost on par with the RDX's Torx screws

Last edited by BlackKat; 05-19-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
The stock screws are bad! Almost on par with the RDX's Torx screws
i thought torx screws were really good! do the heads eventually get worned out as well ?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

just look and these bling bling bits they would also look dam nice in clear as well.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrainTeased
i thought torx screws were really good! do the heads eventually get worned out as well ?
The heads on the torx screws don't eventually wear out...they just do it on the spot They are not ment for RC applications
Old 05-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackKat
The heads on the torx screws don't eventually wear out...they just do it on the spot They are not ment for RC applications
The Torx screws of corallya re even stronger than the torque screws!
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
The Torx screws of corally are even stronger than the torque screws!
But theyr'e still not stronger than hex screws

-Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.